Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (akdivision)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-11-2009, 12:24 PM Reply   
Thinking about this board as a second board and wanted some opinions on this ride. Being Collin's first pro board im sure it's sick as hell.
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-11-2009, 8:28 PM Reply   
I havent ridden it but another dude on my lake is riding one this year and I was asking him about it a couple days ago. He said its pretty fast, and very locked in on edge (It has 10 fins if you include the center ones-they are tiny). He said it felt a lot like the Shane. Hope that helps a little
Old     (robmcfarland)      Join Date: May 2008       04-12-2009, 7:14 AM Reply   
Hey peter,
im riding the groove now coming from 2 years on the shane and two years on the fish befor that. i like the groove better than all of them.

We where joking on theboat the other day, I said i used to have to fight the shane to wake slash, like it didn;t wanna work with me. But the groove slashes like a dream. and that simple aspect sold me on theboard right then and there.

what was your other board?
Old     (akdivision)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-12-2009, 6:23 PM Reply   
Rob-
How does it jump? Is it as fluid as they say? I'm riding a 08 Monarch, a One and a Lyman. I'm wanting to ride something to just go out and have fun on, and thats smooth like butter.
Old     (hyule)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-13-2009, 6:35 AM Reply   
Hey Robby, when you say you had to fight the shane to slash the wake, are you saying you found it hard to break loose?
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-13-2009, 4:17 PM Reply   
i've been riding it for a few months now, and it's great. I was riding a PS3 before, but the groove pops waaaay bigger, and lands really soft. it's the first board I've been happy to ride into the flats since my knee reco almost 5 years ago. the landings are just so nice.
it's definitely not a beginner board, cos it's very loose when not on edge, but it's very fun!