Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (bwags500)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-12-2009, 3:35 PM Reply   
hey im thinking about getting the lf axis anyone ride it? please tell me about it
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-12-2009, 3:38 PM Reply   
Love it, i demoed about 9 boards came down to the axis or the watson (finless). Axis is fast and lose until you put it on edge. The pop is ok but the quickness is where it shines. Plus it looks sick, nice and clean.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-12-2009, 4:16 PM Reply   
if you are thinking about the axis, go with the witness. It is such an amazing board but a little more mellow than the axis. The best way to describe the witness is that it feels like a premier but twice as fast with landings that are twice as soft.
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-12-2009, 4:21 PM Reply   
I rode the axis and found it to be very slow and overall very average. The witness feels much smoother, better pop and better landings. However I recommend the Lyman over both, very fast, great pop (equal to witness if not better IMO), good landings (not quite as good as witness but still soft), and just the right amount of traction/tightness. Im sure some will disagree, but those were my observations. I did not like the Axis nearly as much as I thought I would. I strongly recommend anyone you demo those 3 boards if at all possible. What characterstics do you want in a board most? If you tell us that I might be able to give you more help if you are looking at LF. I have experience with almost all of their high end boards.
Old     (bwags500)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-12-2009, 4:40 PM Reply   
well i have to get a LF i want alot of pop fast,light with soft landings
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-12-2009, 4:41 PM Reply   
a lot of pop, fast, light, soft landings=witness
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-12-2009, 5:01 PM Reply   
I agree with kyle, witness sounds like its probably your best option. It has lots of pop, its pretty fast, and has very soft landings. As for the "light", in the air itll feel plenty light but it is a wider board (tip/tail profile esp) so it will feel a little wide on the water when carving. Not a big deal though. The lyman also fits that description with slightly less soft landings but feels lighter on the water for sure (in the air they are gonna feel pretty similar). Sounds like demoing a Witness and possibly a Lyman would make you happy.
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-12-2009, 6:50 PM Reply   
witness is great and on rough water days you can pop the center fin back in...cant change your fin set up on the axis.
Old     (bwags500)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-12-2009, 9:56 PM Reply   
thanks guys