Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (cccbuilders)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-24-2009, 4:50 AM Reply   
I have never used stargazer, and love the zero off, however upgrading to stargazer can be cheaper. Does stargazer work as well as zero off?
Old     (tazz3069)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-24-2009, 5:10 AM Reply   
I have never used the Zero Off. I installed the stargazer last summer and really like it.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-24-2009, 6:21 AM Reply   
We had Stargazer on our I/O and I was very impressed and happy with the results. It holds ours within 2/10ths of the set speed. We are changing our prop to a 19 pitch and im sure it will get even more accurate. In pure butter it stayed dead on. We were running approx 1300lbs in ballast as well and it worked great.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-24-2009, 9:13 AM Reply   
Mark and Greg - did you guys do the install yourself? It looked like a pretty straightforward garage guy install.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-24-2009, 11:01 AM Reply   
I did not do the install myself in fears of voiding the electronics part of my 7 year warranty. It did look straightforward yes. The place that did it for me (Performance Watersports -- Highly Recommend) gave me an awesome price for install and everything so I went through them.
Old     (tazz3069)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-24-2009, 3:04 PM Reply   
I did mine myself in my garage. It took all about 30 Min. Very straight forward. I really like the GPS feature. Easy to program. For water skiing, it gets a bit tricky. But for wake boarding and surfing, the programming is very easy.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-26-2009, 8:43 AM Reply   
NICE! Thanks for that, Mark. I think I'll hook my boat up with one.

Edit - anybody know the best place to buy this right now?

(Message edited by lifetimewarranty on January 26, 2009)
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-26-2009, 9:48 AM Reply   
Skier to Skier is where I got my wakeboard pro. Do you still need a paddle wheel speed pickup?