Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-08-2008, 9:18 PM Reply   
Question: I just started last year on a wakebaord....I ride a Hyperlight Motive 144... I like the sticky feel to the board while in the water it grabs nice..But it being a big board it feels that it lags something..... I'm looking to get a new board... Something around 140-142..Maybe a CWB.....Can you guys send me in the right direction? Thanks
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-09-2008, 6:42 AM Reply   
What is your height and weight? The Transcend 142 could be a nice fit. It is a great all around board with plenty of hold if you leave the fin extensions in. It also pops well, lands soft and has pretty good speed into the wake. Depending on your weight, you may want to look at a Faction 138. I ride the 144 and I really like the board, it doesn't feel like a bigger board. It will likely be looser than a Motive though. If you can, you may want to demo a few boards if there is a pro shop nearby.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-09-2008, 8:30 AM Reply   
6'0 - 260
Old     (chrishopf)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-09-2008, 8:42 AM Reply   
I would agree with stephen on a transcend if you wanna get a CWB.. If you are looking to stick with Hyperlite, I might would check out the premier or even a Murray... If you went LF, I would go with a substance or watson. As far as size, I would stick with something no smaller than a 140. The new murray 145 would be a sweet ride!!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-09-2008, 10:04 AM Reply   
I say you go with the CWB Faction 144. It is a great board. I ride the 138 but only weigh 150 pounds. At 260 you probably don't want to go smaller than a 144, a 142 is pushing it. The Faction ride is very adjustable, you can put small or large fins on depending on your preferred feel. I ride it with small .8 fins and it is very loose but still holds a hard edge into the wake. It lands incredibly well and is not too fast, take a look it's by far my favorite of their line.