Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-28-2008, 10:33 AM Reply   
and all i can say is fu$%ing OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. I an in excruciating pain to the point where i am seriously considering selling the boat and calling it a wrap on wakeboarding as I never wanna have to go through this or any other surgery ever again. More details when the pain pills subside a little.
Old     (02ssv)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-28-2008, 10:43 AM Reply   
Sorry to hear that man. Speedy recovery and get back on the lake soon. The past few nights have been sooooooo smooth.
Old    kidrik            06-28-2008, 10:46 AM Reply   
Sorry to hear that man. Are you drinking beer with that vicodin? Anyway, don't sell the boat just yet! Give your self a chance to heal, and I bet you'll be jones-zin to ride again!

Hang in there, and good luck with your recovery!
Re-hab your azz off!

Good luck
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-28-2008, 2:51 PM Reply   
what did you injure?
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-29-2008, 7:28 AM Reply   
nick - I had a l4-s1 spinal fusion.

ok so yeserday i was a bit of a hypochondriac as the worst part of the ordeal was the car ride home from the hospital and was in so much pain i seriously thought about giving it all up but am def doing better today and he pain has started to subside except when i have to turn over or get out out of bed.

Rik - You sounded like you mean well but I seriously resent your little comment about the drinking beer part with the rolley eyes which would insinuate i would be so careless although in all truthfulness i did take a extra 1 or 2 percs yesterday to help with the pain but learned my lesson after a night of little sleep and violent nightmares.

Andy - if you read this i seriously cannot even fathom having to get your entire back fused. You are hands down the toughest MOFO i know.

i am just hoping now that the scar does not heal too fast and i have no complications getting the 30 staples (i freaked when i saw 30 i was expecting 9 or 10) taken out of my back and looking forward too a long road of recovery and getting back on the water.

Thank you all for your concern.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-29-2008, 10:26 AM Reply   
dude, that painful!!!!! Sorry to hear that, hope ya feel better.
Old     (jheado)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-29-2008, 11:00 AM Reply   
I agree with your first statement. You should sell me your boat. CHEAP.

J/K hope you feel better and are able to get back on the water soon
Old    kidrik            06-29-2008, 11:30 AM Reply   
John- Sorry bro. I meant no harm, and the whole theme of my message was to be supportive and encourage you to have a speedy recovery.

The eyes were actually meant as a jab at myself! I know what it's like to have surgery, and "I" was the one washing down vicodin with the coldies! Smart, no. Ultimate pain relief (IMO) yes.

Good luck, and sorry again if it came off wrong.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-29-2008, 12:53 PM Reply   
Rik - No Worries. Thank you to everyone else being supportive.
Old     (pri3st)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-29-2008, 12:56 PM Reply   
"....washing down vicodin with the coldies! Ultimate pain relief (IMO) yes."
WERD!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-30-2008, 10:19 AM Reply   
John! It gets better I promise! Hang in there bro! Thanks for the props on being so tuff! I would say you are just as tough man! I will shoot you an email!

Remember CHICKS dig scars!
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       06-30-2008, 10:29 AM Reply   
Why a spinal fusion? Couldn't they have just done a disk replacement? I will be due for my fourth back surgery soon and want to keep some mobility. Does anyone know about the fusion vs. artificial disks?
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-30-2008, 2:33 PM Reply   
My reason was the disk replacement is still kinda new AFAIK and my surgeon did not perform them but even if he did i still would not have. i know someone who got it done and he had major complications and it turned out to be a nightmare.

Gene, 4 back surgeries? thats hardcore. why so many?

Oh well. Nothing left to do now but wait for Transgression.

(Message edited by jaybee on June 30, 2008)
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-30-2008, 2:57 PM Reply   
Artificial disc is still in experimental. The last one I knew about [CHARITÉ Artificial Disc ] failed miserably. There were only approved for single levels as a last resort. Wasn't out on the market very long before it was pulled.
The other problem was the data - turns out many of the surgeons were on the "payroll". So not all the data was telling the truth when it was initially approved.
My understanding is that you can volunteer be a guinea pig as long as you meet the criterial/protocol and you need to find a surgeon in that is willing to take you on.

(Message edited by phantom5815 on June 30, 2008)
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       06-30-2008, 5:32 PM Reply   
I have always had a back problem. Ruptured disk playing football. one playing basketball. Wakeboarding also. I have had three dickectomies and a laminectomy. I figured I will need another at some point but cannot seem to stop myself from abusing my back further by stopping my wakeboarding addiction.

Good info though guys. Thanks.