Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (koontzlake)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-09-2008, 8:15 AM Reply   
I just got a LSV at the end of the summer last year. Ive ridden on it alot and got the plate and the wieght down pretty well, but im curious on how other people ride on theirs like with what weight, rope length, and wake plate places.
Old     (eric_z)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-09-2008, 12:16 PM Reply   
I have an 06' We have 400lb in the front 400lb middle locker, And 900lb in the rear, plus people. I mess with the plate to clean up the wake, normally just down past middle. 21mph, HUGE... 65ft rope.
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-09-2008, 1:45 PM Reply   
Had an 07 last year...we rode at 23.5 at 70ft with 2 750's in the rear and the stock rear bags stacked in the walkway over the stock front ballast. The wake was huge, but it really needed a little more up front. I think it would be ideal to put a stock rear sac in the walkway, and a 1000 lb triangle sack in the bow would be the shizzle.
Old     (koontzlake)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-09-2008, 2:43 PM Reply   
Oh because I ride with maybe only 1400 pounds in the boat at 75 or 80 feet goin about 27 or 28 and it seems like the wake gets to steep sometimes.
Old     (sacmule)      Join Date: May 2007       06-09-2008, 5:08 PM Reply   
I usually just used the plate to clean-up the wake if it is washing out. I typically ride with the plate about 3/4 up, but adjust it accordingly to cleanup to weight depending on how the boat is weighted that day. Usually just have the stock ballast, but really liked it with an additional 600 lbs on the rear seat(only once though). With the 22SSV I usually ride a shorter line at 65' and 21/22 mph. I am still trying to figure out the weighting. A little fatbrick works well to fix the wake if the boat if off balance, great little investment.