Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-09-2008, 11:38 AM Reply   
Just ordered my tickets for the tour stop in MN.....it will be my first pro tour stop and im PUMPED!!!! A buddy and me are road tripping up their for the weekend. cant wait to see Dallas ;)
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-09-2008, 11:43 AM Reply   
I'll see you there, well at least on Sunday not sure if I'll make it out on Saturday.
Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-09-2008, 1:18 PM Reply   
Just wondering what i should expect? Is there something that is a must bring?
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-09-2008, 1:34 PM Reply   
Bring chairs or something to sit on. I should be up there too, I'm makin it a tradition! And just an FYI, the women don't ride at that stop, not sure why, but at least for the last 2 years they havent.

Jesse, how's your schedule monday evening? we should be riding.....
Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-09-2008, 1:38 PM Reply   
i work till 5 as of right now Monday night.....should be open unless something for class comes up, which wouldn't surprise me but im up for it if im free.

what do you mean they don't ride at that stop? lol on the schedule on http://www.prowakeboardtour.com/article.jsp?ID=48757
they have pro womens finals on there.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-09-2008, 1:50 PM Reply   
Must have changed it from years past, if that's the case, I'm pumped to see them ride as well!
Give me a call when you get off work on Monday, we'll try and get you some ride time
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-09-2008, 1:55 PM Reply   
The women ride at every stop this year. It is the first year they will have a Queen of wake series
Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-09-2008, 2:07 PM Reply   
im REALLY glad to hear that......i was and still am looking forward to seeing Dallas!

for sure, unless something comes up plan on hearing from me monday after work darin. thanks
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-09-2008, 2:34 PM Reply   
I will be there chillin in the O'brien and The House tents Ya'll come say hi ya heard me!
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-09-2008, 2:49 PM Reply   
Hey guys the womens pro tour is finally finally expanded to be exactly the same as the guys. More stops, bigger purses. Cause ladies like purses? Newest WBM has a page ad of info I think.
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-09-2008, 6:13 PM Reply   
We traveled from Winnipeg last year. I'm hoping to do it again but I have a fund raiser here that I should attend for a good friend of mine.
I had an awesome time last year, want to skip out on the fund raiser and have some fun instead.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-10-2008, 5:51 AM Reply   
I really wish they would pick somewhere besides Island Lake. Tiny, shallow, RIGHT NEXT to the highway...yay. The course is a dogleg where the crowd is on the inside corner so you're always craning your neck to see the rider. There are MASSIVE signs EVERYWHERE on the shore that totally block your views of the water/rider. If you want to see you have to me front row by the lakeshore. Get that spot early and don't leave. Don't miss the autographs either.

There are so many GORGEOUS lakes and parks with pine trees and unspoiled views. No highways or powerlines. PLEASE please PLEEEASE take the Pro Tour somewhere nicer. I know it must be hard to find a venue but for god sakes we're the land of 10k wakes! At the least, don't block the view of the lake and course!!! Seriously, it made me sick, I couldn't see anyone ride. I drank three overpriced beers in a 20' square corded off playpen being watched by cops, stayed a couple hours and left.

So so so sorry to be negative, but I left wishing I could've just gone out on my boat. Look at the other tour stops around the country. You can camp for the weekend and bring your boat. Put your own boat in the water, make a party raft, you can wakeboard, whatever. Island lake is so small you can't run more than a couple boats at a time.
Old     (wakecrzy2000)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-10-2008, 6:00 AM Reply   
yea, i vote they move the event to a nicer lake
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-10-2008, 7:07 AM Reply   
WakeMikey, I agree about the viewing, not the best, but it's harder then you might think for the PWT to find sites that will let them hold these event. They need to be close to a major airport, hotels, places to eat, parking, permits etc. also the comment about the other tour stops around the country, camping, bringing your own boat, watching from the water, that's just not true. OWC, Portland, Texas, Reno none of these sites allows camping or personal boats in the contest site. Atlanta is the exception. then you run the risk of all the boats making rollers right through the course, Kolowne comes to mind, worst riding conditions ever for the riders, they just try to stand up and and you see a watered down version of what they can really do.
With all that said, I love the MN stop, all the people are so cool and make you feel so welcome and you can always catch a set after the contest a few miles away on Owasso or over at Andy's lake.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-10-2008, 12:40 PM Reply   
I have to agree with Randy, it's a lot harder to find a good venure than most think. Parking for spectators alone is a huge factor. Really the only better spot that has everything needed is Calhoun and they do not, will not and won't allow motor boats period.

That being said if someone can find a legitimate lake throw it out there, I'm always on the look out myself.

Not sure what would happen, but I always thought anchoring a floating island out in the water would be the premier spot to watch from. No interferance from the announcers booth, cool place to put your feet and no one blocking your view!
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-10-2008, 1:46 PM Reply   
Hey Corey. I would like 4 passes to your island.

I thought the venue was nice but the one thing I wasn't impressed with was the announcers tower. It stole a lot of good viewing area away from the normal people and blocked 1/2 of the course or our sight.
Bring it back 20-30' from shore so we can see!
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-10-2008, 3:20 PM Reply   
I'll mark em for ya Justin! Good luck with the benefit, hope you guys bring in some bucks.

Agreed with the announcers booth being moved, thats out of my control though.
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-10-2008, 9:29 PM Reply   
Hey Corey, Do you know who I would have to talk to about getting some booth space at the event? If yes, can you email me the information.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-11-2008, 7:59 AM Reply   
Justin, I'm off today but I can get the info for you tomorrow. Shoot me an email at corey@waterskis.com cause I don't think I have your email.

We'll have to make sure to get out again this year, last year I had to leave right when you guys got there let's not make that mistake again!
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-11-2008, 8:05 AM Reply   
Justin, I just PM'd the info to you.
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-11-2008, 8:50 AM Reply   
Got it...thanks.
Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-12-2008, 8:01 AM Reply   
Does anyone know a good camp ground that we could tent at Saturday night around the lake?
Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-14-2008, 8:48 AM Reply   
So does anyone know of a decent campground that we could tent at that saturday night?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-14-2008, 9:07 AM Reply   
Jesse you looking around the venue?
Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-14-2008, 9:07 AM Reply   
yea somewere close to the event would be nice
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-14-2008, 9:10 AM Reply   
I'll see what I can find out.
Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-14-2008, 9:13 AM Reply   
thanks man....we just want to tent it...nothing fancy