Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (jmill09)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-11-2008, 3:19 PM Reply   
What lake would you recommend here if you could go to any of them for a week? My family is going and I want to figure out a lake that isn't gonna be swamped with people.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-11-2008, 4:55 PM Reply   
Cumberland, Center Hill, Norris, Dale Hollow.
Old     (famlyboader)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-11-2008, 6:57 PM Reply   
hey jmill , cherokee is right below norris lake.both have some pretty good water. give all of us a yell if you come to cherokee we will hook up......rod
Old    sealyon.net            05-12-2008, 5:34 AM Reply   
Pickwick Lake, you can get on the TN Tom waterway and have slick water almost anytime.( except Holiday's)
Old     (dwakesetter)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-12-2008, 5:55 AM Reply   
Norris lake has alot more to offer for vacations, on and off of the water. Check out Norrislakeinfo.com
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-12-2008, 7:40 AM Reply   
I'll second Norris Lake. If you do go to Norris, and glassy water is important check out Flat Hollow Marina. From there you can head up the Powell River with miles and miles of butter. That end of the lake seems to be a lot less crowded.
Old     (kylek306)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-12-2008, 10:35 AM Reply   
Tennessee River is nice right around Savannah. ALOT less traffic then Pickwick.
Old     (davenk)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-12-2008, 10:48 AM Reply   
We went to Dale Hollow Lake a few years back and 14 of us rented an 84' house boat. We pulled it back into a cove an went wakeboarding behind our other two ski boats all week in our cove and only saw maybe one other boat all week, best stateside vacation in a long time.

It is located in north central tenn.

(Message edited by davenk on May 12, 2008)
Old     (murraytrip)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-12-2008, 1:14 PM Reply   
I'm with Paul. Norris, Norris, Norris
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-12-2008, 1:50 PM Reply   
Camping? Houseboat? Cabin?
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-13-2008, 8:27 AM Reply   
definitely talk to doug if you go to norris. center hill and dale hollow are good too but don't have houses on the lake. norris does. you can also rent real wakeboard boats on norris and there's stuff going on at the marinas like wing and corona night at sequoyah fridays and bands at others on saturdays. center hill or dale hollow would be good if you wanted to keep more to yourself on a houseboat. norris if you wanted a house (or houseboat too) and were going to be there on the weekends or wanted more restaurants and stuff on the water. there are 3 pro shops- and wake lessons on Norris, no pro shops that I know of on center hill or dale hollow. As far as being swamped with people, they should all be good during the week and not bad on the weekends if you go sometime soon.