Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-07-2007, 9:50 PM Reply   
Alright this was pretty much my first summer boarding. I learned how to get up last year, but only went twice. So this was the first full summer of action.

Didnt accomplish to much except wake to wake jumps. Im pretty happy with that and im i cant wait till this next summer to get some tricks down.

we dont have the best boat for boarding so its kinda hard, but that wont stop us.

Here is a video of some of my runs this last summer. tell me what you think or some tips.
Thanks Ya'll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bpSGBfL6oE
Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-07-2007, 9:51 PM Reply   
If you watch the hole video you can tell a noticeable difference in my jumps. THanks
Old     (deltarat)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-07-2007, 11:30 PM Reply   
nice video , looks like you had a fun summer. try a shorter rope next year. i think that you should be useing abuot a 55' to 60' rope. then lengthen it when you are jumping wake to wake easily. also get some weight in that boat. use any thing you can get to make that wake bigger . before i had fat sacks i would use my old iron weight set. i know a guy who has 5 gallon buckets he fills with water. keep having fun and going for it.
Old     (deltarat)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-07-2007, 11:33 PM Reply   
nice video , looks like you had a fun summer. try a shorter rope next year. i think that you should be useing abuot a 55' to 60' rope. then lengthen it when you are jumping wake to wake easily. also get some weight in that boat. use any thing you can get to make that wake bigger . before i had fat sacks i would use my old iron weight set. i know a guy who has 5 gallon buckets he fills with water. good luck and keep having fun
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-07-2007, 11:48 PM Reply   
Nice work man, you can definitely see the improvement as time goes by.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-08-2007, 5:31 AM Reply   
good going jesse......try hold your hands in a little on your approach...your arms now are stretched out....thats why when you land the rope seems to be pulling you.....if your arms are bent somewhat you will have some to give when you land.Watch some videos of the pros, their arms are bent and they are crouched a bit unless they are going for some huge raley type move. ...or if you want to approach with arms outstretched make sure you bring the handle down so your body stays with it...and then you can give some back on the landing so it doesnt feel like your being pulled over. Now I didnt see any bunny hops...butterslides....surface 180's...bunnyhop 180's etc.......dont forget to work on these as they will improve your balance for bigger and better jumps.........I know jumping is addictive
Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-08-2007, 6:26 AM Reply   
Alright thanks guys. i will have to try the shorter rope for a while. and yea i know i have to keep the handle closer when i am on my approach. lol im workin on that.

yea my goal for the first month i get out this next summer is all about butterslides, bunny hops, and surface 180's/.

thanks guys.
Old     (owenitall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-08-2007, 11:36 PM Reply   
hey jesse,
don't neglect to ride switch. yeah, it's gonna suck and feel very awkward at first, but it will really advance your riding. and, do not neglect toeside jumps either. every time you cross back over the wake, you should begin trying to gently pop on toeside and increase gradually. it has taken me my whole second year just to finally get the hang of toeside w2w, but it is so worth it now.

when you really begin to load the line hard on your jumps, you will also need a zero stretch spectra rope (if you are not using one already.)
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-09-2007, 10:01 AM Reply   
Nice vid...what kind of rope are you using? I couldn't tell if it was a ski rope or not, but if it is you should really look into getting a non-stretch rope. Also, try edging in with your weight even on both feet, you edge in really back foot heavy that is waht causes you to do a wheelie when you jump. I know becaus sometimes I do the same thing.
Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-14-2007, 6:18 AM Reply   
thanks guys for looking at the video and the tips