Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old    alanp            11-12-2007, 8:30 PM Reply   
who really cares about a tattoo, a perceived attitude problem (from a bunch of people who probably have never spent two minutes with the kid) or any short comings you guys think he has. the dude flat out stomps it!! and he does it when it counts; competition day, when you cant cut the cameras and refilm. you guys better get used to him too, unless he quits he aint going anywhere for a long time.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-13-2007, 11:49 AM Reply   
not to mention he has thesickest part in the truth. Whirly dick 7, does anyone else do that?
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-13-2007, 11:53 AM Reply   
I've seen all his video sections and he's good but to repeat what's been said a thousand times he's very tech without much style... his sections don't really grab my attention.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-13-2007, 11:59 AM Reply   
I'd give my eyeteeth for the style he has.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-13-2007, 11:59 AM Reply   
i think what grabs my attention is the cinematography, but imho, not trying to start an argument, just because it doesn't fit the description of grabbed b/s 180 type style doesn't mean there is no style there.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-13-2007, 12:01 PM Reply   
id give anything to have eyeteeth.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-13-2007, 12:04 PM Reply   
Trevor- I agree but with the vast differences in riding styles between all the great riders out there... Soven just doesn't stand out TO ME. just my 0.2 Never met the kid can't comment on his attitude, and don't really care either way he's really good at riding and nobody can do anything about that.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-13-2007, 12:05 PM Reply   
ok, ok. by the way nice quote. what movie is that from
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-13-2007, 1:00 PM Reply   
The most stylish riding I have ever seen him do is in "The Truth", and IMO, it's very stylish. In fact I didnt think he was capable of riding like that until I saw his section.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-13-2007, 1:15 PM Reply   
Incidently..... I think the kid has tons of style. In fact, I think he's good enough to have whatever style he likes. The only thing I don't like about his style is that he doesn't make it his own. He's great at cloning other peoples moves, but there isn't anything he does that you see and know it's him (with the exception of the whirly dick).

I also think he's developed a bit of an attitude though I think there is some animosity towards him because of what a dominant comp rider he is. The other riders definitel
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-13-2007, 1:18 PM Reply   
Trevor- Bad Santa Good ole Billy Bob
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-13-2007, 4:06 PM Reply   
oh yea.

as for soven, Im a bit confused after watching the tige' pro am footage. it was a while ago so i dont remember it that well, but it was the skins thing? and it was danny vs soven. being a danny fan, i thought he had it in the bag after seeing both thier runs. they did almost identical runs, except, danny did a moby dick where soven did a pete rose, isn't a moby dick worth more than a pete? I know that wouldn't be the only reason danny didn't take it, but now im a little shaky on tricks.
Old     (lf23)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-13-2007, 4:42 PM Reply   
Both did TS 9's and 7's. Phillip added a whirlydick and backmobe and stood up his pass, Danny had a fall. Phillip beat him on sliders also according to the judges.