Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (lespaul)      Join Date: May 2007       09-24-2007, 2:16 PM Reply   
Last weekend i went down to the lake for probably the last time this season because we couldn't go the next weekend or two, and by that time the cold virginia waters would be to cold for riding. I was really looking forward to it because last time I'd gotten that close to clearing the wake. So we got there and set out to go ride in my dads 1986 MC prostar 190(real top of the line) with no tower and a single fatsack. I rode good(for me at least), but i still wasn't clearing that wake. we rode for a few hours then came back in and it was looking like i wasn't going to reach my season goal after all. as we were laying the gear out on the dock to dry, my uncles friend pulls up in a brand new tricked out wakesetter vlx. I mean what are the chances? it had everything. full ballast, power wedge, perfect pass, a huge stereo. the funny part was that no one in the guys family even wakeboarded. anyways he asked us if we wanted a pull so of course we said yes. So we set out, none of us having even sat in a wakeboat before. When it was my turn to ride, I geared up on the platform that seemed like the size rhode island to me. when i got up, the wake was super collosal. I was riding at 65 feet at 21 mph with full ballast and full power wedge( I know we probably shoulda been goin faster, but i didn't mind), and the wake was sick. i cut in to the wake just like i do behind the MC, and what do you know, i go flying across both wakes. i landed and i was like "holy crap i just cleared the wake!" anyways thats my story sorry its so long.
Old     (griffano)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-24-2007, 2:22 PM Reply   
Sweet!
Old     (hixsonaz)      Join Date: May 2007       09-24-2007, 2:52 PM Reply   
great story!
Now what are your goals for next season????
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-24-2007, 3:23 PM Reply   
thats awesome Brad! and Good Job! When i first got behind a wakeboat i was feeling the same way.( HOly Crap!) haha. the feeling of great accomplishment never ends in wakeboarding. u can always learn something new. thats why i love this sport.
Old     (madvlin)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-24-2007, 3:25 PM Reply   
NICE JOB MAN!
Old     (dan_k)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-24-2007, 4:22 PM Reply   
thats savage!!
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-24-2007, 4:50 PM Reply   
money!
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-24-2007, 6:03 PM Reply   
Props Brad, keep up the good spirit! Its nice to hear from people that are just stoked to ride. Don't get your head stuck in having the newest, greatest, "coolest" thing out there. In the end, the gear is only as good as the rider
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-24-2007, 6:32 PM Reply   
awesome, i rode behind a wakeboard boat the first time on sunday, the wake is seriously twice as big as mine with stock ballast and no wedge going... sucks for me
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-24-2007, 6:55 PM Reply   
You da man! Keep that excitement for next year...and ditto to Tbag, it is great to hear someone who is excited just to get out and ride. Keep it up.