LAKEPORT, CA - BoardStock XII culminated the five-stop World Wakeboarding Association's World Series with Phillip Soven being crowned the Series Champion behind the power of the Centurion Enzo boat. BoardStock is the world's largest extreme water sports event in Northern America. Now in its twelfth year, BoardStock has been a part of the WWA World Series for three years. Shawn Perry of the WWA said, "This was the first year that Boardstock has culminated the WWA World Series and it ended with Phillip Soven becoming the first rider in WWA World Series history to win all five stops. Phillip has been riding unbelievably well all season and he made it look easy once again at Boardstock XII.
Soven's heroics netted him a $19,000 dollar payday - not a bad day's work for the seventeen-year-old phenom.
In the Toyota Last Man Standing Slalom contest, it was Jamie Beauchesne taking the top honors in the less-than-perfect water conditions. Against a crowded field of the world's best slalom skiers, Beauchesne posted a score of 1.5 buoys at 41 off the standard tow-line to secure the win and the $6,000 prize. The water conditions were far better than last year's, but not the pristine conditions of man-made lakes, thus the title of the event, Toyota's Last Man Standing.
BoardStock's three-day sporting and lifestyle event was held on Clearlake just north of San Francisco at the beautiful Konocti Vista Casino Resort. The resort hosts a hotel, casino, marina and more than 2000 feet of waterfront perfect for the enthusiastic crowd in the absolute perfect weather. BoardStock provided an anchored tow-line for those who came by boat and the water side of the course was lined with more than 250 wakeboard boats coupled with several thousand cheering fans on shore, creating a "stadium" effect, a rare event in watersports.
BoardStock XII also provided extreme motocross exhibitions by Metal Mulisha, including a gap backflip by Jeff Griffen, and sky diving by Fusion Skydiving. "We're very pleased with this year's event," said Rob Stimmel, President of BoardStock Promotions. "We had a great show and the resort was a fantastic host. We're already looking forward to next year."
BoardStock XII partners included Centurion Boats, Northern California Toyota, Harley Davidson and RockStar Energy Drinks. For more information visit www.boardstock.com.
Pro Men Finals
1. Soven, Phillip (USA) - 81.67
2. Webb, JD (USA) - 70.00
3. Eisenhauer, Brett (AUS) - 61.67
4. Fields, Adam (USA) - 53.33
5. Adkison, Andrew (USA) - 46.67
6. Gonzalez, Ricky (USA) - 40.00
Pro Men Semifinals (top three in each heat advance)
1. Webb, JD (USA) - 73.33
2. Adkison, Andrew (USA) - 70.00
3. Gonzalez, Ricky (USA) - 55.00
4. Schwenne, Mike (USA) - 45.00
5. Watkins, Daniel (AUS) - 38.33
6. Cannon, Blake (USA) - 21.67
1. Soven, Phillip (USA) - 75.00
2. Fields, Adam (USA) - 63.33
3. Eisenhauer, Brett (AUS) - 58.33
4. Bradley, Corey (USA) - 50.00
5. Thollander, Danny (USA) - 48.33
6. Cook, Derek (USA) - 30.00
Pro Men Qualifying (top four in each heat advance)
1. Webb, JD (USA) - 70.00
2. Gonzalez, Ricky (USA) - 59.40
3. Fields, Adam (USA) - 46.67
4. Cook, Derek (USA) - 38.33
5. George, Brandon (USA) - 30.00
1. Adkison, Andrew (USA) - 70.67
2. Thollander, Danny (USA) - 60.00
3. Watkins, Daniel (AUS) - 50.00
4. Cannon, Blake (USA) - 38.33
5. Chaboya, Brodie (USA) - 28.33
6. Starkey, Bobby (USA) - 20.00
1. Soven, Phillip (USA) - 79.33
2. Eisenhauer, Brett (AUS) - 65.00
3. Bradley, Corey (USA) - 61.67
4. Schweene, Mike (USA) - 53.33
5. Errington, Adam (USA) - 48.33
6. Sammons, Brady (USA) - 40.00