Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ntkamper)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-03-2013, 6:22 PM Reply   
Ive had a lot of people asking me about the new franchise flex and figured I would share a little about it. The board is an amazing park board. Holds its edge very nicely for airtricks (without fins) and can press just as well as the union. This is my favorite park board to date!

Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-03-2013, 6:53 PM Reply   
Hi Nick, wanna give a comparison of the new systems/older models? Does the baseless design lend itself to allowing the board to flex without deadspots in the board? Or does it feel unsupportive? I'm interested in pairing system pros with the new byerly boots.
Old     (ntkamper)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-04-2013, 9:38 PM Reply   
the systems this year are the best yet, by far. i've been riding them since the beginning, and this years feel almost 40% lighter when they are wet on your feet. Since the bridge has been removed and your now standing directly on the board, it feels way more responsive. The ladder straps no longer make those funky sounds when your doing big tricks, and the actual base itself is made of a new material that is much stronger and lighter. I would definitely recommend trying the 2014 systems, even if you didnt like the older ones these are a total different feeling.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-05-2013, 6:40 AM Reply   
Nice... You've got the whole cable to yourself!
Old     (ntkamper)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-05-2013, 7:22 AM Reply   
perks of being head boat coach!
Old     (jamesruberti)      Join Date: Nov 2012       10-12-2013, 10:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntkamper View Post
perks of being head boat coach!
Hey Nick,
I'm ordering the flx in the next day or two. I was wondering if you would recommend the 135 or the 139? I am 5'11 150lbs.