Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (mattjj23)      Join Date: May 2008       01-09-2013, 4:34 PM Reply   
I'm interested in purchasing a Ronix One Time Bomb. Anyone have any info on this board, other that what is advertised? I've ridden the Marek and Slingshot recoil over the past 4 years. Also, what length would be best? I'm 6'3", 205 lbs and an intermediate rider.
I've also looked into the Parks board, but don't know much about it either. Thanks for any info.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       01-10-2013, 2:57 AM Reply   
Timebomb is an awesome board. Plenty of reviews on WW about it. Huge pop, locks on edge, but loose at the same time, and very forgiving on less than stellar landings. Super stiff and very light. I love mine.
Old     (BamaLurker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-10-2013, 11:11 AM Reply   
Matt, did you prefer the marek or the recoil?
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-10-2013, 2:42 PM Reply   
Boat or cable?
Old     (mattjj23)      Join Date: May 2008       01-10-2013, 5:33 PM Reply   
I ride behind the boat.
Old     (Delt725)      Join Date: Mar 2011       01-10-2013, 6:12 PM Reply   
I went from a Marek to the Time Bomb last year. The time bomb is slower than the Marek but still fast enough. I found it is be much more user friendly in that the landing didn't have to be 100% perfect to still ride away and when that landing is perfect it rode away with a ton of speed. It was a great change for me.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-10-2013, 10:13 PM Reply   
I have a Timebomb, picked it up beginning of last season. I came from a Watson Hybrid.

I love everything about the Timebomb. Its definitley the best board I have ridden. Not a single bad thing to say. For the first time in a few years I won't be getting a new board this coming season because the TB is still like brand new and I wouldn't change a thing if I could.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       01-11-2013, 6:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
I have a Timebomb, picked it up beginning of last season. I came from a Watson Hybrid.

I love everything about the Timebomb. Its definitley the best board I have ridden. Not a single bad thing to say. For the first time in a few years I won't be getting a new board this coming season because the TB is still like brand new and I wouldn't change a thing if I could.
Same here. I love that board!!!
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-11-2013, 10:33 PM Reply   
I'd still consider myself kind of a beginner rider but I've ridden several boards. I've had my Time Bomb for a little less than a year and I love it. It just seems to have a great all around feel to it.

It's fast and has good pop, is really forgiving but can lock in and hold an edge really well.
Old     (sledgehammer)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-12-2013, 10:02 AM Reply   
Yes, as everyone has said the timebomb is an excellent, explosive behind the boat wakeboard. It is also very light, but incredibly durable. I rode it at the park also for a few months though and was not happy with it there. First off, it was too short for the park- I need to ride a longer board there for my height and weight. Second, it is so incredibly stiff as to be noticeable above and beyond anything you might expect.

With that in evidence I have now ridden Slingshot Whip and Hooke at the park and I am really starting to like the LF Deluxe Hybrid. I am going to keep my Timebomb for behind the boat where I think most of its advantages are.
Old     (carter134)      Join Date: Jun 2012       01-12-2013, 5:30 PM Reply   
if you are looking for a board that will be fast like your marek but stiff and light like the time bomb you should look at the CWB DB9, it has a continurs rocker and it will be more forgiving on landings then the marek or time bomb
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-15-2013, 8:09 AM Reply   
I have been riding the time bomb for almost a year and it was honestly at the bottom of my list after I broke my Sintered-District and learned that it could not be replaced. I had poor experiences with the previous One shapes and was shocked at how I rode the time bomb.

My setup: 138cm timebomb. I'm 5-9 160 and my rope is about 80ft with a speed of about 24-24.5 behind a medium weighted VLX. I have been riding for 17 years and I am strong rider. Two tweaks I have made to my actual board is that I ride some homemade .6 inch fins and I also ride one in now, but rode all the way out most of last season.

Probably the best way to explain the board is from the flats to the wake and to the other side. First, The one has a very mellow belly so it tends to transition edge to edge a little slow. It kinda gives the board a snaky-surf feel through the water. The board turns slow, but as you transition on to its edge the sharper rail through the tail really takes hold for good leverage between you and the boat. There has been a lot of advertising about the speed of the this board and in comparison to previous one shapes it is much faster, but overall it is not a super fast board. You really need stay on edge all the way through the wake to get the magic of this shape, but the line tension at the base of the wake is superb. Up the wake the stiffness of this board really comes to play. This board snaps hard and it likes to go up. In the air, the time bomb is lighter than most and really handles well. The landings are not exceptionally soft because of the flat spot in the rockerline, but the mellow edges between the feet allow you to get away with murder.

The current one shape is the best yet and easiest to ride in my personal opinion. If you like the old shape you will probably love the new and even if you hated the old shapes the new One/Timebomb is worth trying.

The only person that I would not recommend this board to is a beginner learning to go wake-to-wake. Your first board should be as fast as you can get. The time bomb requires a little more confidence and consistency in the approach than most people have when they first get up on a board.
Old     (twowake)      Join Date: Jun 2010       01-24-2013, 7:31 AM Reply   
Best board i have ever rides in my 10+years. THEND
Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-24-2013, 4:31 PM Reply   
I like what I hear my 12 will be here tomorrow. Upgrading from my 09 one and sounds like I'll love this one