Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-08-2011, 9:28 PM Reply   
im looking to get a new board and binding set up within the next few weeks. ive been riding my 2008 cwb transcend 142 since the beginning of '08 with the '08 limited cwb answer bindings. the set up has been great but its taken a beating and is time for a new one. none of the board shops around me demo boards so that is kind of out of the question . im looking to get a board that rides similar to the transcend but a little bit faster and a little more pop. im pretty much set on the 2011 ronix frank bindings after trying them on the other day. Can any one suggest some boards that are going to be a little faster and a little more poppy then the transcend? open to any companies.

thanks for any help guys.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-08-2011, 9:33 PM Reply   
You can match your Franks with a VIVA or Mana from Ronix. Both are very fast, but different boards. The Transcend had a HUGE rocker on it if I recall, so some extra speed carried into the wake from a less drastic curve may make the difference for you. I love my Viva! The Bill is also a pretty quick deck.
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-08-2011, 10:03 PM Reply   
the viva has more of a continuous rocker, ive ridden a few boards with continuous and did not like it at all, so i think im going to stay away from that. i havnt heard to much about the Mana, but im going to look into it. How about Harley Clifford's new board or the Ronix One, i know those are both aggresive 3 stage anyone know how the speed is on them?
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-09-2011, 12:14 AM Reply   
I don't know much about Clifford's new board. It seems like quite a few riders on LF are riding it, that's a good sign that it matches well with varying styles of riding. The One is a similar story. I don't believe the rocker is as aggressive as the Mana but it's been ridden by a variety of riders, indicating it matches with well with a variety of riding styles.
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-09-2011, 7:32 PM Reply   
thanks man, do you know how the landings are on the Mana? im kind of in a no win situation because i love the pop form 3 stage rocker boards, but ive torn both of my knees so i'd like to get one with a slightly softer landing.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       05-09-2011, 8:26 PM Reply   
I have spent some time on both the Mana and the One. Unfortunately I rode the Mana in pretty rough conditions, and it did not handle rough water well. it was fairly fast, and popped OK, but not as fast or as poppy as my shane. landings were super soft though which was a plus. Again keep in mind conditions were not ideal and I would really like to ride it again. I really like the One. It can be fast if you want it too, and has great pop, but not too much. Landings are smooth, and I found it to be rather consistent also which is always a plus. I rode both boards with cells and really liked them. Great support and flexibility. If you set on the franks, you should consider the bill board too!
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-09-2011, 8:27 PM Reply   
The bottoms of the Ronix boards are very clean and maintain a good amount of speed when they land which I've noticed helps. My Viva has softer landings than other boards with lots of convexes and channels. Riding W2W more would have the biggest impact regardless of board choice though.
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-09-2011, 8:35 PM Reply   
thanks for the info travis and ben, you guys are helping me out alot. The Bill board is constantly on my mind, the only thing drawing me away from it is that ive heard the rocker is a pretty subtle 3 stage. im looking to hopefully get a board with a fairly aggressive rocker. Ive tried the cell's on as well, but they felt too stiff for my liking. Travis, how do you like your Shane? ive also been thinking about that board as well. thanks again for all the help guys.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       05-10-2011, 7:23 AM Reply   
I absolutely love my shane! Super fun board. Fast, great w2w pop but yet very easy to fly into the flats. Super soft landings due to the center spin, and it grips the water very well, but it is easy to break loose. I would definitely recommend it.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       05-10-2011, 8:50 AM Reply   
[QUOT center spin.[/QUOTE]

Center Spine, my bad
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-10-2011, 11:35 AM Reply   
I went from the 09/10 Transcend to the 10 Faction. Even though its a continuous rocker, that board has a lot of pop. I was comfortable after one set. The best part is it lands softer and is noticeably faster. Definitely worth checking out.

If you are ever up north, hit me up, I'd gladly let you try it out.
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-10-2011, 10:11 PM Reply   
thanks travis, and stephan im down in so cal but if i do ever end up going up north i'd gladly take the offer, thanks a bunch though. I was really checking out the BIll board today and after looking at the rocker for about 10 minutes it seems like it is going to have a pretty decent kick to it. i think thats the board im going to go with. You guys have really helped me alot and i appreciate it. i tried on the Frank boots again, along with the One's, and i think i like the One's a little better lol. Now i need to decide if i want the black and yellow or the black and white. Which do you guys think would look better on the Bill?
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-11-2011, 6:06 PM Reply   
so i just got back from picking it up, i went with the Bill 142 and the One bindings in yellow and black, im super excited on this set up. i'll post a picture of it in a minute. I just wanted to say thank you very much for all the help guys! i appreciate it alot!
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-11-2011, 6:38 PM Reply   
here is the pic, sorry for the quality i took it with my phone

i tried resizing the pic but it wont go smaller, idk why.
Attached Images

Last edited by aces6692; 05-11-2011 at 6:39 PM. Reason: size
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       05-11-2011, 7:40 PM Reply   
Looks sweet! Congrats on the setup. Let us know how you like it!
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-14-2011, 1:43 PM Reply   
the new set up was super fun to ride!! it took me a few sets to get use to it but i loved it by the end of the day. It has great pop compared to my transcend. Definitely faster as well, and is super easy to break loose out in the flats. I'd say its an extremely fun board, now i just gotta go get my bindings heat molded and it will be perfect!