Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Salister)      Join Date: Nov 2013       03-04-2014, 11:58 PM Reply   
http://youtu.be/la-PK1wQrWs
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       03-05-2014, 3:33 AM Reply   
The people here in GA have a hard time driving on clear dry streets . Yes 1'' of snow will shut down the roads keep the kids out of school and cause thousands of traffic accidents.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-05-2014, 9:42 AM Reply   
Pretty sure that if you don't have salt to put on the roads that the drivers up north would have the same problem. Just got back from snowboarding in Vermont and not a slick spot on the roads anywhere even while it was snowing.
Old     (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       03-05-2014, 9:55 AM Reply   
My sister-in-law lives in San Clemente CA. and laughs when it rains as she says there are so many wrecks, from (A.) People not slowing down and realizing the roads are slick, and (B.) assuming the roads are so slick from the rain that they're driving 20 mph under the speed limit. No offense to any Californians, as us Oregonians at least know how to drive in the rain.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-05-2014, 9:57 AM Reply   
It's no different even up here in BC. Most people don't put proper tires on for winter or are just white knuckle drivers in the snow. As someone that drives to the mountains regularly these people annoy the hell out of me. If you're that nervous stay home and leave the snow covered roads to the people that know how to drive and are prepared for snow.
Old     (Salister)      Join Date: Nov 2013       03-05-2014, 11:03 AM Reply   
I found it as funny satire about the winter this year in general, not the fact that is makes fun of people in states that never get bad weather. This winter has been hell for many of us.... the fact that there is only like 1 month left of this crap is encouraging. Hopefully. LOL
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-08-2014, 10:34 AM Reply   
What happened in southern states or at least DFW at least is that they don't so much get snow as much as sleet that leaves a thin layer of ice on the roads. A snow covered road has more traction than an ice covered road. This last week in Montana they had 1/32" inch of ice on the road and they shut down the school buses but kept the schools open and a girl was killed in a vehicle incident on the way to school. Up north most of the time you get snow roads, not ice ones and when it does ice in the north they are just as bad of drivers. Amazing how a school recognizes danger enough to not run buses but still keeps school in session endangering students

Sent from my iPhone
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-08-2014, 10:49 AM Reply   
Winter this year has been harder for many people both in north and south.At least southerners don't have our heating bills!!
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-08-2014, 3:42 PM Reply   
That's true, my gas and electricity bill both averaged about 60 bucks a month all winter

Sent from my iPhone
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-09-2014, 4:26 PM Reply   
Just got back from 5 days in Springfield, IL and all I can say is...

WHY?

I'll take my 65-75 degree winter days...