Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wh157)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-05-2011, 10:58 PM Reply   
Looking at getting a new board for the season. I have sort of narrowed down my choice between the Liquid Force Harley or the Hyperlite Murray (Bio core). Just wondering if anyone has ridden either of these. I don't have the option to demo the boards so I want to get an honest opinion on how they ride in the water and what you liked and/or didn't like about the boards..
Old     (xmcmillenx)      Join Date: May 2006       02-06-2011, 7:46 AM Reply   
What made you narrow it down to those two? What are you looking for in a board? That would probaby help people with their recommendations.
Old     (wh157)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-06-2011, 8:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmcmillenx View Post
What made you narrow it down to those two? What are you looking for in a board? That would probaby help people with their recommendations.
Based on the descriptions I have read about these boards, I like the nice pop and definitely the continued speed that they should give. I am also really looking for soft landings so it is a bit easier on the knees (which I believe both claim to have). The Murray has a subtle 3 stage which makes me think that landings may be a bit softer than the Harley. Just trying to see what others liked or didn't like when they rode these boards and if they really reflect the manufacturers descriptions.
Old     (wakelab)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-07-2011, 11:49 AM Reply   
Dan, I've been riding a 2010 Murray 142 for about a yr now & love it. It's exactly what it claims to be. Faster like a continuous with pop like a 3 stage & softer landings w/ the v. I have a bad knee so i'm always riding boards w/ softer landings. I cant say anything for Harleys board but I will def be riding a 2011 Murray when I wear this one out.
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-07-2011, 12:55 PM Reply   
Can't go wrong with either. Harley's board is going to have a looser feel on the water than the Murray. I believe AllianceWake did a detailed breakdown of both boards between their 2010 and 2011 Gear Guide Issues. Might even be able to find it someplace online.
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-07-2011, 1:10 PM Reply   
Murray - Pg. 30
http://digitaledition.qwinc.com/publ.../?i=29084&p=30

Harley - Pg. 33
http://digitaledition.qwinc.com/publ...3&pre=&ver=swf
Old     (wh157)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-07-2011, 3:13 PM Reply   
Thanks for the information guys, I will likely be making my buying decision within the next week or two.
Old     (Dmcastino)      Join Date: Sep 2010       02-07-2011, 8:22 PM Reply   
I ride a 2010 Murray as well, which I believe is the exact same board as the 2011 (aside from graphics of course) and I absolutely love it. I feel like it tracks really well but when I want to break it loose it does so with ease, its really just a very good, well rounded board.
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-11-2011, 2:26 PM Reply   
I ride the 2010 Murray 142 also.

Amazing board! It's fast, POPS HARD (lol) and is super easy to ride. I tried a bunch of different boards (SS Response, Marius, Lyman etc) looking for the right fit. Then I saw a guy with a Murray and asked if I could give it a go. He was nice enough to let me. I was instantly landing all of my tricks on it. So I bought one the next day. If you want it a bit looser go down a fin size or vice-versa. I ride mostly in saltwater so I went up a size. It's a great board. I highly recommend it!