Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-27-2008, 1:29 PM Reply   
Problem, My wife doesn't like my riding partner. I have the most difficult time getting anybody to go out in the boat with me ( why I have no idea). This friend will go almost 90% of the time. Most of the time we have to ride with only the two of us. If he doesn't go I can't go, because my wife wont pull me with out a third. All I want to do is go out and have fun and ride a few sessions. Why does she have to be such a #*$!* about it. If I go without her she also gets mad, so either way she is not happy. She thinks it is not relaxing going out and watching us surf and fill ballast bags. This is totally frustrating me. Kinda ruins my good time. I am almost to the point of saying #$%@ it ! and sell the darn boat. I swore I would never be boatless again. Any suggestions to make her chill? And yes I have already tried to get her into surfing, and that didn't work. Should I ignore her attitude and just go out, or obey her wishes and not take my only friend that surfs, out with me ?
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-27-2008, 3:17 PM Reply   
My wife isn't pissed about surfing, but I get out with the guys on weekday nights, and an occasional early morning ride.

Weekends are kids and wife where surfing sometimes doesn't happen. Keeps me happy.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-27-2008, 3:23 PM Reply   
Dude;
Your 46 years old!!! Go surf with your freinds.If your wife can't find something that makes her happy, don't let her bring you into her boaring life. Tell her to either come and have some fun with you, or GET OVER IT! It's not like your riding partner is a smokin hot 25 year old in a "G" string.
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-27-2008, 3:47 PM Reply   
My wife told me that if I go surfing one more time with my friends that she'll leave me......

Gosh I'll miss her
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-27-2008, 3:52 PM Reply   
^^^^Now thats what I'm talking about !!!
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-27-2008, 6:17 PM Reply   
The whole reason we have a boat is because I am addicted to surfing!! My husband is my dedicated driver but he doesn't surf due to 3 shoulder and 4 knee surgeries. He is a good sport about pulling me and my surfing buddies. It's fun for both of us to take different people out on the boat and hang out together.
Does your wife have a girlfriend that would come out on the boat to hang out and visit with her?
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-28-2008, 9:04 AM Reply   
Agrees with sue, Start asking her to invite friends(girls) out on the boat for the day. Make it cool for her, She dont like your buddy oh well now she will have friends to chat with and chill with. Surf all day and it does not look like a sausage fest on your rig. If not go anyways, you did this before you got married didnt you.... If not oh well it something you like to do.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-28-2008, 7:13 PM Reply   
The three of us went out yesterday, and she actually had a relaxing time, wow go figure. The lake was crowded and choppy so we hung out, out of the wind and floated in a cove. After the wind died and people left, we surfed. Had 2 really good sessions. Hopefully my friend didn't drive her nuts, she didn't say anything, anyway. Why do women have so many mood swings? Love the comment Nathan and Hammer LMAO !! Sue, I will try to get her to invite some of her friends, sounds like a good idea.
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       06-30-2008, 2:20 PM Reply   
plus 1 with sue. my girl was the same then I told her to start bringing out the girl friends now I have to curb the girls so I'm not the only rider. also every now and then giver her a girls day launch her and her girl Friends with a couple bottles of wine and some snacks and tell her to call you when your done. that way she owes you!
Old     (mhetheridge)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-30-2008, 4:05 PM Reply   
Leave her.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-01-2008, 11:07 AM Reply   
Teach her to surf $.02
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-09-2008, 4:42 PM Reply   
Why do women have so many mood swings?

^^^^Cause they are BIPOLAR - Thats's why!

Dood, hit me up...I live in N. Tacoma and am currently boatless. And I have a hot friend who loves to ride (it's a chick). I have an Inland Surfer Blue Lake and a Gas Can...
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2008, 7:32 AM Reply   
Erick, you can definetly ride with us, my boat went in the shop tues. V-Drive got hot ? haven't heard back yet what the problem is, but i hope its not major. AWS is working on it so i should get it back rather quick. They really take good care of me. My number is 253 468 6852, call if you want to exchange numbers. I am always looking for a third, fourth. fifth. etc.
Old     (wakeaddict9813)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-10-2008, 8:19 PM Reply   
I let her bring her friends. I mean whats better than a butter on the lake and g strings in the back of the boat. Its a win win situation!
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-13-2008, 5:47 PM Reply   
Tony, that would be awesome...I hope your V-drive isn't toast. I'm off tues-thurs this week. Let me know if you got your boat back and need some extra weight :-)
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-14-2008, 7:31 PM Reply   
Eric, got my boat back, it was just the throttle positioning sensor. V- drive is fine. got out to test run it today. Runs well. Sorry Eric i am leaving town for 9 days, going to Banks Lake for summer vaca. Staying at steamboat rock, come on over if you want, were in spot 54. I will get ahold of you when we get back and we will definetley ride. Peace
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-14-2008, 10:23 PM Reply   
Dude, I love steamboat. Stayed in #50 last summer...epic...except the water got a little too low late summer. Just got back from Lake Wa, surfed w/ some friends. A little choppy but otherwise good. Get in touch when you get back. Have a great Vaca! Erick 253-224-1723
Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-18-2008, 9:04 AM Reply   
FIND NEW WIFE.

unless you have kids,

shoot wife, then find new wife! haha.