Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (ozzgood)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-12-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
What up Wakeworld..I am moving to Shelbyville Tenn.Hows the riding out there..Tenn.riders what are some of the good lakes out there??
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-13-2006, 6:53 AM Reply   
There are several good lakes that I know of a little further east. The Knoxville area has Tellico, Ft Loudon, Watts Bar, Melton Hill, Norris, Douglas and Cherokee Lakes. The first three above are on the west side and would be closest to you. Nice water on Tellico, that's where I go. Welcome to the Volunteer State. Get yourself ready for Tennessee Football! Go Big Orange!

Jman
Old     (big_b)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-13-2006, 8:06 AM Reply   
I live in nashville and the closest lake to me is percy priest lake, which is a great lake, but tends to get crowded fast. Then there is Cener Hill, which is very nice. Great for wakeboarding. Its about and hour and a half to 2 hours from nashville, but is well worth it.
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-13-2006, 10:19 AM Reply   
The South end of Percy is pretty good. I live very close to Old Hickory and there are spots out there as well.

Board Bonanza 2006 is this weekend on Old Hickory. If you're up here you should check it out. It's always a good time.

http://www.skihut.com/BoardBonanza/tabid/65/Default.aspx
Old     (bat0525)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-13-2006, 10:42 AM Reply   
YOU LIVE CLOSE TO A GREAT LAKE TIMS FORD AND NORMADY ARE ABOUT 30-45 MIN FROM SHELBYVILLE
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-13-2006, 11:01 AM Reply   
stop shouting please
Old    josh_tn            07-13-2006, 11:14 AM Reply   
I live south of you close to Tims Ford Lake and would agree with Branden that it is an excellent lake. Lots of narrow branches make it easy to find good water. Next to Center Hill, it is probably my favorite lake in Tennessee that I've been to.

Branden do you ride at Tims Ford regularly?
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-13-2006, 11:14 AM Reply   
You will really like Tims Ford or Normandy if you can get out during the week. Weekends will have to get out early or late. It's that way just about everywhere.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-13-2006, 1:14 PM Reply   
Don't know too many lakes outside of East TN, but welcome to the Volunteer State and hopefully we'll get to ride together sometime.
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-13-2006, 7:48 PM Reply   
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but Cody, did you get that Moomba from American Boat Center?

Jman
Old     (ozzgood)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-14-2006, 5:33 AM Reply   
Thanks a lot for the info guys, I will be looking forward to riding with some if not all of you ...Hows the winters there I live here in louisiana where we ride all year with the exception of a few days...Do i need a drysuit..
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-14-2006, 6:55 AM Reply   
It would be recommended if you intend to get in 45 degree water in February when the air temperature is about the same.

Jman
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-14-2006, 3:07 PM Reply   
Jman, nah I didn't end up getting the Moomba, and it was at Knoxville Watersports. I was a week away from buying it and they sold it to some out of stater. I'm still puttering around in my 17' I/O and bummin rides from ChuckJ.