Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (varun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-29-2007, 9:27 AM Reply   
Hi, I want to get the Perfect Pass system for my 2004 Supra 22SSV but the dealer wants $475 to install it and thats burning the wallet. If I buy the parts from a dealer like onlyinboards.com, how hard is it to install? I know the supra has two speedo gauges so the PP will replace one correct? It is a simple bolt on-plug in install? Please advise. Thanks!
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-29-2007, 11:53 AM Reply   
Easy install. 2 hours tops. I got mine from onlyinboards and did the install myself. Yes it will replace one speedo. Just follow the directions and you should have no problems.

(Message edited by detonate69 on August 29, 2007)
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-29-2007, 11:59 AM Reply   
Piece of cake. Mine took me 2 hours. Replaced the right speedo. I put the control module under the dash on the left side. Call PP for help. They have the best customer service in the industry.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-29-2007, 12:06 PM Reply   
"Call PP for help. They have the best customer service in the industry." Aren't they the only company in the tow boat speed control industry?? hah! But, yes the customer service is very good and the install is not too hard.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-29-2007, 12:09 PM Reply   
no, there is Zero Off now too.
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-29-2007, 1:07 PM Reply   
I thought that would raise some eyebrows. I was referring to the "INDUSTRY" as in wakeboarding industry. Thanks for the correction though.
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-29-2007, 2:14 PM Reply   
Any recommedations at to where to get the best deal for the wakeboard digital pro for supra 03 and earlier
Old    alanp            08-29-2007, 5:40 PM Reply   
super easy!!! just follow the directions and you'll be up in no time.
Old     (65sanford)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-31-2007, 6:09 AM Reply   
I bought wakeboard pro for my '03 from only inboards--easy install--do it with hand tools
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-31-2007, 6:48 AM Reply   
$475 from your dealer is highway robbery. If the dealer had to drill in your boat then I could see why they are charging so much, but your SSV already has the paddle wheel, so everything else is plug and play. Starting with 2004 models Skier's Choice started installing factory harnesses under the dash specifically for Perfect Pass. You literally just have to plug the harness from PP into the pre-wired harness under your dash.

The most difficult part of the install will be installing the servo motor, which should take you all of 15 minutes. You can install the entire system yourself in under an hour. It is super easy! The cheapest I've seen WBP is from Skier to Skier at around $1050. I think its $1100 from Perfect Pass. Either way, just make sure you tell them the exact year and model of your boat so that they will make sure to wire the system with the correct harnesses to match your boat.

(Message edited by nauty on August 31, 2007)
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-31-2007, 12:22 PM Reply   
OK some questions then for those of you who have done this. I assume that PP does not use the same paddle wheel that the 2 speedo's are currently connected to? So If you have to drill thru the bottom of your boat to put the PP wheel in where would you put it for a 03 supra direct drive. Is it best to drill from the bottom of the boat up?
Old     (65sanford)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-31-2007, 12:42 PM Reply   
Perfect pass DOES use the same paddle wheel so there is no need to drill through the bottom of the boat for install. If you do need to drill for your application, the instructions do state how to do this. I got the best deal at only inboards for my perfect pass--lets just say at least $50 less than anywhere else advertised--this was an unadvertised price--just email them for info and see what they can do for you--great customer service after the sale and fast shipping--good luck