Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-11-2008, 5:04 PM Reply   
I recently sold my '04 22SSV and I'm in the market for a new boat (by new I mean new to me). I know the VLX is the Shi* for wakboarding-many of the pros own them. But how are they for wakesurfing? I'm getting a little older and less ballsy on tricks and have started enjoying surfing more than boarding.

My son is just getting started w/ wakeboarding and I'm sure will progress well with the VLX. What kind of ballast/wedge setups do you guys use?

Thanks for your input.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-11-2008, 5:33 PM Reply   
mine is a 2007
the wake surf is good
I use
160 lbs pop bags in bow
full MLS in bow
half to full center MLS
full MLS rear on surf side
750 bag in locker on surf side as full as it will go
wedge all the way down
1 adult driver 2 kids
2 50lb anchors under surf side seats
10.4 mph

this wake is pretty good but short

when I really wanna surf, I also fill a 400 lb bag on top of the surf side seats

that sinks the side all the way to the rub rail

wake is great
even bigger if I have more adults
I hear that even more weight in the bow will make the wake longer
Old    walt            08-11-2008, 5:47 PM Reply   
IMO it has one of the best surf wakes out there.
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-16-2008, 9:28 AM Reply   
cliff, thanks for the info. Anyone else use their VLX primarily for wakesurfing? If so, what kinda setups do you all use? Lets hear it. Thanks
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-16-2008, 11:29 AM Reply   
My 2000 VLX makes a nice surf wake...

Old     (silverwake)      Join Date: May 2007       08-16-2008, 12:25 PM Reply   
try posting your thread on the wakesurfing topic section. You might get a better response.
For what it's worth, I suggest at least looking at the Centurion Enzo 230.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-16-2008, 4:23 PM Reply   
Daym Dane that wake is waste high great surf wake. My boat is still sitting in the driveway form my wresk 3 weeks ago. It's been in the 100's the last week and I am sitting in the house with my kids doing nothing right now in 105 temp. I am soooooo bummed we are not on the lake right now with just a few more weeks left of summer.