Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (luxpdr)      Join Date: Feb 2015       06-09-2015, 10:23 AM Reply   
Hey looking for some help I have a pair of rev8 and a pair of rev10 on an illusion tower (yes I know not ideal to use an 8 and a 10 but i like the look and the save a little bit of headroom inside the boat). If anyone has ran this setup or know the best setup to running off one amp? Could I run the arc 600.2 amp? If so what the best way to wire it up? Thanks
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       06-09-2015, 12:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxpdr View Post
Hey looking for some help I have a pair of rev8 and a pair of rev10 on an illusion tower (yes I know not ideal to use an 8 and a 10 but i like the look and the save a little bit of headroom inside the boat). If anyone has ran this setup or know the best setup to running off one amp? Could I run the arc 600.2 amp? If so what the best way to wire it up? Thanks
You are right in that it is less than ideal to run different sizes of tower speakers. But that's where you are so going forward....
There is some power handling difference between the two speakers. But it is secondary to the efficiency difference of these two speakers considering the sizes.
Loading the amplifier down to 2-ohms for a premium in power is partially negated by the power getting divided by two speakers versus one. One dominant speaker and one subordinate speaker. A single pair of Rev10s driven by 800 watts will play nearly as loud as 1200 collective watts driving a pair of Rev10s and a pair of Rev8s....specifically in this instance because of the advantage held by the larger Rev10.
So I would give both the Rev10s and Rev8s dedicated amplifier channels.