Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (HiImScott)      Join Date: Apr 2017       10-04-2020, 12:26 AM Reply   
What are my options? Would like something newer with a factory surf system, but it doesn't seem like there are many newer boats that clear a 7ft garage door. So far the GS20 is the only one I've seen specifically advertised to clear a 7ft door, but it's definitely more than I want to spend.
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       10-04-2020, 3:57 AM Reply   
if you don't mind a little older boat, tige 22ve with alpha z tower NOT on 18's will clear a 7ft door if you have someone inside holding the tower down. this was with samson racks on a metalcraft trailer.
it's that close that you have to hold the tower down.
2 houses with 7ft doors and boat slid under both with a few inches to spare.

not sure if that means an rz2 will fit as well since it's basically the same hull.

know it's a little older boat but several have retro'ed gsa on them and it's a solid surf/wakeboard hull.
Old     (HiImScott)      Join Date: Apr 2017       10-04-2020, 11:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandm01 View Post
if you don't mind a little older boat, tige 22ve with alpha z tower NOT on 18's will clear a 7ft door if you have someone inside holding the tower down. this was with samson racks on a metalcraft trailer.
it's that close that you have to hold the tower down.
2 houses with 7ft doors and boat slid under both with a few inches to spare.

not sure if that means an rz2 will fit as well since it's basically the same hull.

know it's a little older boat but several have retro'ed gsa on them and it's a solid surf/wakeboard hull.
I have a friend that has a 22ve and it does surf quite well, but it's a 22' boat and I would have to remove the swim platform every time I bring it in/out of the boathouse. Even a 21' boat will be really tight with the swim platform on, but it should be doable.

Being a boathouse that's right off the water I don't have the luxury of being able to raise the roof or lengthen the structure... It's grandfathered in as is, but the MN DNR won't let me make it any bigger.
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       10-05-2020, 11:15 PM Reply   
a ‘14 a20 Axis will fit as long as tower mirror is loosened and swing in to cabin after tower down, find a ‘14 and you have an inexpensive boat with an automated surf system

Last edited by granddaddy53; 10-05-2020 at 11:18 PM.
Old     (HiImScott)      Join Date: Apr 2017       10-06-2020, 4:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by granddaddy53 View Post
a ‘14 a20 Axis will fit as long as tower mirror is loosened and swing in to cabin after tower down, find a ‘14 and you have an inexpensive boat with an automated surf system
Good to know an A20 will fit, that seems like a decent option. I know from experience the tower on the '14 Axis models is a pain in the ass to fold. Do you know if a '15+ A20 will fit with the newer tower? It looks like it would be easier to raise/lower the tower with the hinged support plates.
Old     (Gatsby)      Join Date: Jul 2015       10-06-2020, 2:15 PM Reply   
My Sanger 2008 fits in a 7ft garage. I think they are still the same size these days . I believe you can get a wave system on them as well.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-09-2020, 12:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiImScott View Post
Good to know an A20 will fit, that seems like a decent option. I know from experience the tower on the '14 Axis models is a pain in the ass to fold. Do you know if a '15+ A20 will fit with the newer tower? It looks like it would be easier to raise/lower the tower with the hinged support plates.
Yes, 15+ A20's fit under 7' garage door, I had a 16 A20 and a 18 T22 that both cleared under 7' garage door by a couple inches.