Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       04-17-2019, 3:56 PM Reply   
So...?
I followed the first hits of both on their IG, but had to get back to that thing called "life" again.
Any videos online somewhere?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-18-2019, 10:39 AM Reply   
Wakeboarding Mag is supposed to have the edit on their FB & IG page some time today, along with the result.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       04-18-2019, 1:50 PM Reply   
the entire 5 minute video is on wakeboardingmag.com
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       04-18-2019, 2:20 PM Reply   
Haha to be continued...!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-18-2019, 2:35 PM Reply   
Dang that was amazing to watch. The double is becoming a lost art.
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-18-2019, 3:48 PM Reply   
I made this for fun
Attached Images

Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-18-2019, 10:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco View Post
I made this for fun
you need to find a hobby lol
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-18-2019, 10:16 PM Reply   
I can't believe theres not more people on here talking about it! The height they're getting is unreal. The new wakeboat wakes are the old double ups and the new double ups are like massive kickers
Old     (on_wi)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-19-2019, 5:36 AM Reply   
Watched it live while I "worked". That was an awesome event and was perfect feel for how wakeboarding events can be different and exciting. I'd love to see things like this in the future. Manufacturers throw in some cash, and get some eyes on their product, and we get something true to wakeboarding.
I'd love to see a "take it to the flats" contest or something like this. Definitely helped that Steel and Rusty played it up in the week leading up to the contest.
Cant wait for take 2. You'd think that with the weight diff Steel will have to win. Maybe those woo sports pucks should be sponsoring something like this to get their name out. (little puck that attaches to your board and apparently measures things like airtime).
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       04-19-2019, 9:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10after View Post
I can't believe theres not more people on here talking about it! The height they're getting is unreal. The new wakeboat wakes are the old double ups and the new double ups are like massive kickers
Unfortunately for our sport nowadays, people are more interested in what kind of "tricks" they can perform on a wakesurf. "Tricks" like chugging 2 beers, then doing a yoga pose. Or sitting on a bar stool & making a phone call.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-19-2019, 8:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_wi View Post
Watched it live while I "worked". That was an awesome event and was perfect feel for how wakeboarding events can be different and exciting. I'd love to see things like this in the future. Manufacturers throw in some cash, and get some eyes on their product, and we get something true to wakeboarding.
I'd love to see a "take it to the flats" contest or something like this. Definitely helped that Steel and Rusty played it up in the week leading up to the contest.
Cant wait for take 2. You'd think that with the weight diff Steel will have to win. Maybe those woo sports pucks should be sponsoring something like this to get their name out. (little puck that attaches to your board and apparently measures things like airtime).
Back in the late 90's & early 2000's, ESPN televised the Big Air Challenge in which the riders would hit 2 double ups per round, and if I remember correctly, it was 2-3 rounds total.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-20-2019, 8:47 PM Reply   
I wanna smash some dubs now
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-01-2019, 5:29 AM Reply   
I'd like to see them do it again. I'd be really surprise if Steel doesn't easily win. That dude can do anything on a wakeboard. I think his double cab into the flats is probably more frames than the indy tantrum.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       05-01-2019, 3:47 PM Reply   
Well "easily win" I don't think so else he would have won already. But agreed, the dude is a magician on his board.
Eagerly awaiting round II here!