Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-22-2017, 4:19 PM Reply   
60 minutes did a segment a while back, maybe a month or two, about the current vetting process that goes on in the ME for refugees. I'd recommend everyone watch it, I'm sure it's on the interwebs somewhere. I know, fake news.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-22-2017, 4:22 PM Reply   
Stan I saw that CBS 60 Mins Special. Hate to say it but it was a Puff Piece!
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-22-2017, 4:25 PM Reply   
But that impressive piece of investigative journalism about the Obama Grandma getting a $160k pension was totally legit LOL. No offense Grant, but not sure you're really in much of a place to determine the journalistic merits of news stories.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-22-2017, 4:37 PM Reply   
Lol that didn't take long. Every other thing they do is so good you post a thread about it every Monday. That one clearly garbage though right?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-22-2017, 5:21 PM Reply   
The 60 mins Special they did "In My Opinion" was Bias because they didn't show both sides of the coin. I have been critical of CBS here on W/W so sorry that argument is not going to work. That New agency and 60 mins lost my respect when they started putting Lipstick on Charlie Rose and they Dubbed in V8 motor noise when the did the special on the Tesla and the played stupid when called to the carpet. Yes Fake News 101. CBS is fake news. The Obama Grand ma story I posted that was fake Yes my Bad.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-22-2017, 5:36 PM Reply   
Lol I'll admit I am not up on the whole "lipstick" controversy (really?) but as far as dubbing in motor noise, having done a fair amount of video/film editing in my day that sounds to me like an honest enough mistake. Lots of times sound/video editors have to stitch things together and layer many different sound sources (dialogue, background music, live sounds, etc). Wouldn't surprise me at all if car sequences often have stock car sounds dubbed in if there were problems with the mics when the footage was taken etc. Could have been some stupid intern who had no idea that an electric car doesn't make noise.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-22-2017, 5:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
The 60 mins Special they did "In My Opinion" was Bias because they didn't show both sides of the coin. I have been critical of CBS here on W/W so sorry that argument is not going to work. That New agency and 60 mins lost my respect when they started putting Lipstick on Charlie Rose and they Dubbed in V8 motor noise when the did the special on the Tesla and the played stupid when called to the carpet. Yes Fake News 101. CBS is fake news. The Obama Grand ma story I posted that was fake Yes my Bad.
But the "Obama Grand ma story" was from a conservative source. Surely, you didn't mean to take away from the narrative that only "liberal" news outlets use "Fake News".
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-22-2017, 5:39 PM Reply   
Grant, with regards to the segment in question, what is the other side of the coin? Honest question.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-22-2017, 5:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor View Post
Wes and John,

My "assumptions" are based upon the stories that I see everyday on the news and on the internet. Everyday there are stories that illustrate various protests to the executive order that was signed by President Trump regarding immigration and I would like to understand what the individuals that are protesting are against?

Are they against the fact that he specifically named seven countries that are predominantly Muslim? Are they protesting the halt of refugees into our country until a revised vetting process can be implemented?

When a section of our country feels that it is necessary to initiate a "Day without Immigrants" in protest of the executive order I would like to understand what they are protesting against?

I don't believe that the current administration is looking to eliminate immigration nor the acceptance of refugees. I believe that the new administration simply wants to enforce the current immigration process and eliminate the flood of illegal immigrants entering our country every day. They are willing to continue to accept refugees from countries all over the world. They simply want to refine the screening process before continuing to accept said refugees.

Perhaps the individuals on this board don't share the same opinions as the indivduals that are shown on the news everyday. If that is the case, then I will have to look for answers to my questions here.
My complaint is how did the ban make the country any safer? Not one refugee from any of the 7 countries Trump banned has committed a single act of terrorism on US soil in over 40 years. Why was it needed? If Trump really wanted to make a statement and protect the US, then why not ban Egyptians, Saudi Arabians, and Pakistanis?

As other posters have mentioned, being against the ban/Wall does not equate to someone being pro-Open Borders. That's what a campaign ad will tell you; that if you are against building a wall, then you are against any and all immigration controls. I don't think I have seen one poster on WW that has advocated unrestricted entry and exit from the US.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-22-2017, 7:11 PM Reply   
Wes: your pointing out that I posted a Fake news story, But then your defending CBS for creating Fake News story on 60 Mins, Ok that makes no sence. What CBS did in that story was deceptive and the problem Came when they were asked about it, instead of admitting they "made a mistake" they lied. They tryed to cover it up. Kind of like when Hillary landed under sniper fire or Brian Williams was shot down by a RPG.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-22-2017, 7:26 PM Reply   
Grant, as I thought my post made clear, I don't know the specifics of the sound-adding incident. It doesn't sound like it's on par with posting a vindictive and completely made-up story about an old woman. This article also doesn't make it sound like it was "deceptive" to me. http://www.salon.com/2014/04/01/60_m...tesla_segment/

I'm sure you have a more in-depth link that describes in great detail what deception 60 Minutes was trying to achieve. What were they trying to do that makes a story about a car fake news?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-22-2017, 8:53 PM Reply   
I think we can all agree our hearts go out to Sweden tho
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-23-2017, 4:25 AM Reply   
Majority supports Less refugees to US.
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-23-2017, 10:17 AM Reply   
In my opinion the graph above is a perfect example of snowflake media versus reality if you look at The local news you would think everyone is upset and the majority disapprove president trumps recent Orders. Reality s the majority is home happy not protesting so the media has nothing to report on.

I still think a snowflake utopia would be the medicine you LibraTards need to take
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-23-2017, 10:44 AM Reply   
Yes Europe is just one big Love Fest LOL, everyone seems to be loving their new Refugees.
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017...brought-crime/
Old    deltahoosier            02-23-2017, 10:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
My complaint is how did the ban make the country any safer? Not one refugee from any of the 7 countries Trump banned has committed a single act of terrorism on US soil in over 40 years. Why was it needed? If Trump really wanted to make a statement and protect the US, then why not ban Egyptians, Saudi Arabians, and Pakistanis?

As other posters have mentioned, being against the ban/Wall does not equate to someone being pro-Open Borders. That's what a campaign ad will tell you; that if you are against building a wall, then you are against any and all immigration controls. I don't think I have seen one poster on WW that has advocated unrestricted entry and exit from the US.
Actually the number 72 terrorist have come from those countries:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...ered-trump-ban
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-23-2017, 1:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yes Europe is just one big Love Fest LOL, everyone seems to be loving their new Refugees.
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017...brought-crime/
Grant, you can't be stupid because I've seen what you are capable of building but you continue to post articles from breitbart and call them news. That is a propaganda site and everyone knows it.

Use this as a reference:

Use that brain that I know you have and get information from a news source that isn't lying to you.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-23-2017, 1:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post

I've never seen that data before. If its true it does cast things in a different light IMO. What will be interesting will be if the new vetting after the ban expires would be able to keep those people out.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-23-2017, 1:11 PM Reply   
"Zero Hedge" lol. Here's a writeup about the 72 that isn't from such a ridiculous site. The actual study is from CIS, which was posted about earlier and has little credibility. People convicted of identity theft and other low level BS are being labeled "terrorists." http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...countries.html

Our vetting works. Is it perfect? Of course not. Is it good to review and improve? Always. Does it make sense to hack away with a machete when the situation calls for a scalpel? No.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-23-2017, 1:33 PM Reply   
I really like that chart.

I'm a "libtard snowflake" according to Grant, but I'd still argue that Slate really isn't any better than hufpo. Used to like it, now find a lot of confirmation bias there (though their podcasts are really really good).

Another thing I've observed is that the liberal/conservative continuum is getting overwritten with an intellectual/anti-intellectual brush, that, at least for now, is dragging mainstream outlets to the liberal end of the scale. Not that their reporting has changed at all, but analysis/sources/fact checking are being portrayed as "anti-Trump" / fake news and therefore must be part of the left leaning mainstream media. Trump's antics are changing the scale in his favor.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-23-2017, 1:36 PM Reply   
I agree, Slate is all over the place now.
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-23-2017, 2:18 PM Reply   
Wes: Right smack dab in the center of your Supposed "Trusted Media" graphic is CBS. Your kidding right! You have as much credibility as the Obama Grandma Story. Here is a Example of the Click Bait CBS (one of your) "Trusted Sources" dishes out

This is a link to a story CBS put out. I notice they have since changed the headline but the original headline said and I quote "Yahoo Delete's Racist Trump Tweet"
the head line would have you believe Trump once gain put his foot in his mouth or said something off color. But in Reality if you took the time to read the story Trump did nothing wrong or made NO racist tweet at all, as the CBS headline would have you believe. But you had to take the time to read. Most would just look at the headline and Get pissed, protest throw rocks, set something on fire or crawl into a safe space and cry you know the normal stuff you libs do. This is a example of the FAKE NEWS Trump points out. And TRUMP is 100% correct.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/yahoo-fi...d-racist-slur/

The headline should have read "YAHOO misspells during a "Re-Tweet" & makes a Racial Slur
"YAHOO accidentally say's ****** in Tweet when they ment to say Bigger"
"YAHOO has dyslexia & switched the B on the Keyboard for the N key and spells ******"
" Cheif editor at YAHOO "Sum-Ting-Wong" Makes racial slur in Re-Tweet"

I hope you get my point the headline could have been or should have been anything then what it was. BUT that's not what sells news papers now a day's or captures readers. Supposedly legit news Agency's are fabricating news story's using their own version of "Alternative Facts" Why is 60 min's putting lipstick on Charlie Rose & other interviewer's, Why are New Anchors saying they were shot down by RPG's over Afghanistan
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-23-2017, 2:23 PM Reply   
Do you mean plhorn's graphic? You're cracking me up with the lipstick thing. Maybe you just got a 4k tv LOL
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-23-2017, 2:31 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=807147
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-23-2017, 3:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wes: Right smack dab in the center of your Supposed "Trusted Media" graphic is CBS. Your kidding right! You have as much credibility as the Obama Grandma Story. Here is a Example of the Click Bait CBS (one of your) "Trusted Sources" dishes out

This is a link to a story CBS put out. I notice they have since changed the headline but the original headline said and I quote "Yahoo Delete's Racist Trump Tweet"
the head line would have you believe Trump once gain put his foot in his mouth or said something off color. But in Reality if you took the time to read the story Trump did nothing wrong or made NO racist tweet at all, as the CBS headline would have you believe. But you had to take the time to read. Most would just look at the headline and Get pissed, protest throw rocks, set something on fire or crawl into a safe space and cry you know the normal stuff you libs do. This is a example of the FAKE NEWS Trump points out. And TRUMP is 100% correct.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/yahoo-fi...d-racist-slur/

The headline should have read "YAHOO misspells during a "Re-Tweet" & makes a Racial Slur
"YAHOO accidentally say's ****** in Tweet when they ment to say Bigger"
"YAHOO has dyslexia & switched the B on the Keyboard for the N key and spells ******"
" Cheif editor at YAHOO "Sum-Ting-Wong" Makes racial slur in Re-Tweet"

I hope you get my point the headline could have been or should have been anything then what it was. BUT that's not what sells news papers now a day's or captures readers. Supposedly legit news Agency's are fabricating news story's using their own version of "Alternative Facts" Why is 60 min's putting lipstick on Charlie Rose & other interviewer's, Why are New Anchors saying they were shot down by RPG's over Afghanistan
I agree that CBS has a ton of click bait titles but the actual articles are accurate. Bribart has fake titles and fake articles.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-23-2017, 4:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Why is 60 min's putting lipstick on Charlie Rose & other interviewer's, Why are New Anchors saying they were shot down by RPG's over Afghanistan
Dude SRSLY? You think the President's coloring is natural? Makeup on TV is pretty time-honored.

Brian Williams claimed he was shot down over Iraq, not Afghanistan. And he's paid for that pretty dearly.
Old    deltahoosier            02-23-2017, 4:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
"Zero Hedge" lol. Here's a writeup about the 72 that isn't from such a ridiculous site. The actual study is from CIS, which was posted about earlier and has little credibility. People convicted of identity theft and other low level BS are being labeled "terrorists." http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...countries.html

Our vetting works. Is it perfect? Of course not. Is it good to review and improve? Always. Does it make sense to hack away with a machete when the situation calls for a scalpel? No.
Interesting the way you read and process information. The report was originally from a Senate subcommittee chaired by the new AG Jeff Sessions. The only item of refute in your article was a throw away line with unassociated hearsay by linking some unnamed "critics" of the Senate report that they were not convicted on terrorism. Who are you going to believe? The Senate report or unnamed critics?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-23-2017, 5:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Dude SRSLY? You think the President's coloring is natural? Makeup on TV is pretty time-honored.
Shawn: don't get so upset I'm not judging. If you like to wear pink lipstick that's fine, in fact I don't even care what restroom you use.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-23-2017, 5:27 PM Reply   
Quote:

This is your problem. You try to prove people wrong with the biggest pile of BS on the planet. I used to think you were cuckoo, but now I'm pretty sure you are just gullible.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-23-2017, 5:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Shawn: don't get so upset I'm not judging. If you like to wear pink lipstick that's fine, in fact I don't even care what restroom you use.
Get serious. Do you honestly believe President Trump doesn't wear make-up when he is speaking to the press?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-23-2017, 5:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Interesting the way you read and process information. The report was originally from a Senate subcommittee chaired by the new AG Jeff Sessions. The only item of refute in your article was a throw away line with unassociated hearsay by linking some unnamed "critics" of the Senate report that they were not convicted on terrorism. Who are you going to believe? The Senate report or unnamed critics?
How many Americans were killed by Saudi's during 9/11? Or Pakistan? Or Egypt? WTF were those countries not part of the ban?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            02-23-2017, 5:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
How many Americans were killed by Saudi's during 9/11? Or Pakistan? Or Egypt? WTF were those countries not part of the ban?
While I don't 100% agree with Trump saying Obama picked those countries, he kinda did. I had to admit my wrong when I accused Trump of playing favorites but those countries were already kinda picked, in defense of Trump for once.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-23-2017, 6:35 PM Reply   
Wake: you and the rest of the Snowflakes will argue just to argue, You snowflakes are like Pomeranian's those little bastards are built to bark! They are so stupid and & will bark at their own shadow for Hrs & Hrs. Just like you who will argue any point for hrs and hrs.

"What about Trump" I can just picture what your little high pitch voice sounds like as you whine, like a little Beeeotch! LOL LOL LOL
Attached Images

Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-23-2017, 6:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
While I don't 100% agree with Trump saying Obama picked those countries, he kinda did. I had to admit my wrong when I accused Trump of playing favorites but those countries were already kinda picked, in defense of Trump for once.
How does that discount what I said? It doesn't matter if Obama picked those countries, if he would've instilled the same travel ban, I would still criticize it.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-23-2017, 6:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wake: you and the rest of the Snowflakes will argue just to argue, You snowflakes are like Pomeranian's those little bastards are built to bark! They are so stupid and & will bark at their own shadow for Hrs & Hrs. Just like you who will argue any point for hrs and hrs.

"What about Trump" I can just picture what your little high pitch voice sounds like as you whine, like a little Beeeotch! LOL LOL LOL
Okay. If you could for once in your life type a freaking coherent sentence, maybe I would've gotten your joke and laughed. But since you have the syntax skills of a second grader and similar spelling to an illegal immigrant that just ran across the border, you simply made yourself look like a bigger dumbass. Congratulations. Perhaps if you wouldn't have been such a douchebag your entire life, crushing beer cans on your head fun, it wouldn't seem like reading a response from Da Moose every time you choose to post and we could actually understand what you are trying to convey.

Now instead of wasting anymore time in the grown-up discussion, why don't you go to the Affliction or Ed Hardy website and pick you out some new outfits for the summer? If you look hard enough, I'm sure you can find some Bedazzled boardshorts to match your jeans.

Last edited by wake77; 02-23-2017 at 6:56 PM.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-23-2017, 8:21 PM Reply   
Quote:

What a great counter argument Grant. You seem to epitomize the stereotypical Trump supporter.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            02-23-2017, 8:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
How does that discount what I said? It doesn't matter if Obama picked those countries, if he would've instilled the same travel ban, I would still criticize it.
Sorry, I should have said I completely support your view on it haha. It's pretty clear the Don didn't think it through when him and Bannon put it together.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-23-2017, 10:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Ruh Roh. We have infighting amongst the libbies! Better organize yourselves better before you lose another election!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-23-2017, 10:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
Sorry, I should have said I completely support your view on it haha. It's pretty clear the Don didn't think it through when him and Bannon put it together.
Good save. Way to fall in line, Mr. Roboto. Domo arigato. Lol
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-24-2017, 6:13 AM Reply   
Grant,

So are you going to keep reading breitbart even though they are lying to you?

I know the lies are in line with the lies you tell yourself but it's still bs.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-24-2017, 6:25 AM Reply   
Quote:

I think Grant just had a Trumpgasm!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-24-2017, 7:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Is it even possible for someone to be more oblivious about thinking disparagingly of others while describing themself?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-24-2017, 8:20 AM Reply   
How come you Pomeranian's didn't want to argue when this was posted.Silance! But you plenty have plenty to say about Grammer and other BS.
Attached Images

Last edited by grant_west; 02-24-2017 at 8:25 AM.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            02-24-2017, 8:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
How come you Pomeranian's didn't want to argue when this was posted.Silance! But you plenty have plenty to say about Grammer and other BS.
Because it's an "exclusive poll" done for a conservative website. I don't post polls by slate for that reason.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-24-2017, 9:03 AM Reply   
OK so you Pomeranians say the poll is biased. Fine conduct your own pole try and be honest and don't solicit answers from other LibraTards like yourself ask random people and I bet you will find the results are the same.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            02-24-2017, 9:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
OK so you Pomeranians say the poll is biased. Fine conduct your own pole try and be honest and don't solicit answers from other LibraTards like yourself ask random people and I bet you will find the results are the same.
Considering over half the country doesn't share your point of view, I think you would be surprised. And what the **** is a libratard? I wasn't born in Fall. At least know what you're calling somebody before you call somebody a retard.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-24-2017, 9:41 AM Reply   
I never called anyone a retard. That is a derogatory word for people with no fault of their own have a learning disability. I used the word LibraTard. That is used to describe people that have a self inflicted learning disability
Old    TheWakeIsReal            02-24-2017, 9:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
I never called anyone a retard. That is a derogatory word for people with no fault of their own have a learning disability. I used the word LibraTard. That is used to describe people that have a self inflicted learning disability
You mean LIBTARD there bud. Again, having the word tard in there mean's you're calling somebody a retard, something you shouldn't do if you don't even know what you're trying to call somebody. A libRAtard would refer to somebody born in fall. Good god this should be screenshotted to show the world what Trump supporters are like.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-24-2017, 9:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
I used the word LibraTard. That is used to describe people that have a self inflicted learning disability
Yup... just like I said in my post above.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-24-2017, 10:03 AM Reply   
See what I mean Pomeranians will bark at anything! LOL
Old    TheWakeIsReal            02-24-2017, 10:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
See what I mean Pomeranians will bark at anything! LOL
You're like a pug, funny to laugh at, worthless in the real world and nobody takes you seriously.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-24-2017, 10:22 AM Reply   
Thanks for the good bathroom reading, fellas. It's been fun reading this as I've been dropping the kids off at the pool. I just squeezed out another liberal. Time to get back to work so I can support some more welfare recipients.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-24-2017, 10:24 AM Reply   
I see what you LibrATards are barking at now. From what I gather you are extremely upset about an extra "A" I have included in the insult I keep calling you. The correct spelling of librAtard is Libtard How ever I will continue to spell it the way I have to further upset you and send you into your safe spaces. I think I have made my point that you LibrATards will argue anything just to argue. Laughing & Laughing

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=1454864
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-24-2017, 10:29 AM Reply   
Here is Art imitating life
https://youtu.be/mSC3Z1a-sbg
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-26-2017, 2:37 PM Reply   
Grant you never answered my question, are you going to keep reading briebart even though they are lying to you?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-26-2017, 3:30 PM Reply   
Ha ha sorry G this made me think of you. Bloody imiagrunts coming over here and stealing our dictionaries.
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-27-2017, 7:34 AM Reply   
Ralph: I hope the joke on me your getting at is for the countless spelling errors I have made, and NOT some racist insult. You have been real good about arguing your point & if people don't agree with your view your NOT the type to pull out the race card.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-27-2017, 8:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Ralph: I hope the joke on me your getting at is for the countless spelling errors I have made, and NOT some racist insult. You have been real good about arguing your point & if people don't agree with your view your NOT the type to pull out the race card.
Nah bro, just the spelling
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-27-2017, 9:35 AM Reply   
I would be willing to bet if they were to ever catch the people that did that Graffiti Ralph posted you would find that they are Libs, Social Justice Warriors. Face it "LibrATards" your are the Party that' spray paints and is filled with propaganda and mis direction to point to racism. It's great that it's easy to spot your guys work.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            02-27-2017, 11:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
I would be willing to bet if they were to ever catch the people that did that Graffiti Ralph posted you would find that they are Libs, Social Justice Warriors. Face it "LibrATards" your are the Party that' spray paints and is filled with propaganda and mis direction to point to racism. It's great that it's easy to spot your guys work.
Keep telling yourself that if it makes you sleep better.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-27-2017, 11:17 AM Reply   
Grant, maybe when you are done finding and rooting out all of the paid trolls who are misappropriating your spelling to make it look like ignoramuses are doing this work you could help OJ in in search for the Real Killer.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-27-2017, 11:41 AM Reply   
Sure Grant. And that guy in Kansas that shot the Indian dudes in the bar after yelling "get out of my country" was a liberal plant too.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-27-2017, 12:36 PM Reply   
Just a gut feeling, but I am pretty sure the person who spray painted Fvck Imagrunts is a TrumpTard!
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-27-2017, 12:51 PM Reply   
I miss DaMoose...His alternative spelling was so eloquent.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-27-2017, 1:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
Grant you never answered my question, are you going to keep reading briebart even though they are lying to you?
I'm guessing I'm never gonna get an answer to this question....
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-27-2017, 1:44 PM Reply   
Andy: your a delta RAT. I had the mis fortune of having to go to lovely Stockton, o what a dirty Libral arm pit. Well as your on HWY4 cross town Freeway and you merge on to HWY 5 north. How do you feel about the Hunderd or so Homless camped out along the delta, $hitting and Garbage all along the way. You think it's a great Idea to take on and pay for Thousands of people from another country that are not even Americans and then turn a blind eye on the people we already have here?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-27-2017, 2:26 PM Reply   
So because I question who it was that Graffitied that wall. I'm some how wrong? So to you it's Clear who did it. Some one that suppports Trump? So your accusing me of having blinders on But you odviously Don't. Ok let's play a little game of question and answer.
Who is always throwing up the Swastica A Trump supporters or B LibraTards
Who shows up to Trump rally's in KKK garb A. Trump supports or B. LibraTards
Who made false police reports of Trump supporters attacking Muslims. A. Trump supporters or B. LibraTards
Old    TheWakeIsReal            02-27-2017, 2:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Andy: your a delta RAT. I had the mis fortune of having to go to lovely Stockton, o what a dirty Libral arm pit. Well as your on HWY4 cross town Freeway and you merge on to HWY 5 north. How do you feel about the Hunderd or so Homless camped out along the delta, $hitting and Garbage all along the way. You think it's a great Idea to take on and pay for Thousands of people from another country that are not even Americans and then turn a blind eye on the people we already have here?
You realize GOP has always been against helping homeless out right? As well as turning a blind eye to our veterans. It's not that you want to help the people at home first, it's that you don't want to help anybody. Even the veterans you guys all seem to support so much without actually giving any support to.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            02-27-2017, 2:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
So because I question who it was that Graffitied that wall. I'm some how wrong? So to you it's Clear who did it. Some one that suppports Trump? So your accusing me of having blinders on But you odviously Don't. Ok let's play a little game of question and answer.
Who is always throwing up the Swastica A Trump supporters or B LibraTards
Who shows up to Trump rally's in KKK garb A. Trump supports or B. LibraTards
Who made false police reports of Trump supporters attacking Muslims. A. Trump supporters or B. LibraTards
1. Trump supporters have gathered at many events over the country using Nazi symbols. It is well documented. So TRUMP SUPPORTERS in that one.
2. It wasn't a rally, but you win on that one.
3. Yes, there were the two false reports of that. There also several real ones of Trump supporters MURDERING muslims or people of Indian decent as well as anti-semitic crimes on an incredibly steep rise(I'm going to assume they're not liberals). While I don't think Trump is an anti-semite, there are confirmed anti-semites in the white house very close to him.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-27-2017, 6:20 PM Reply   
Ok reality check:

Yes I agree vets have not been given priority BUT who is responsible for that I don't give a $hit let's just say your right! So does that make your point valid NO that's your problem.

Please answer this question

Who should America take care of FIRST.

#1 Americans here now
Or
#2 Forginers
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-27-2017, 6:46 PM Reply   
G I started to write something really mean, but I'm trying to stop doing that. So lemme just say that your spelling really makes it hard to take you seriously.

Could you please let us know why in this day and age you don't use spell check?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-27-2017, 6:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Ok reality check:

Yes I agree vets have not been given priority BUT who is responsible for that I don't give a $hit let's just say your right! So does that make your point valid NO that's your problem.

Please answer this question

Who should America take care of FIRST.

#1 Americans here now
Or
#2 Forginers
I think everyone agrees that US should put US citizens welfare first but IMO Trump is doing it in an extremely short termed view offering simple solutions to complex problems. Build the wall, Muslim ban and make America great again sound great and are easy to understand but the reality is the mechanics of the world are more complicated than that. The fear is these dumbed down policy's will actually hurt the US not help it.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-27-2017, 6:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
G I started to write something really mean, but I'm trying to stop doing that. So lemme just say that your spelling really makes it hard to take you seriously.

Could you please let us know why in this day and age you don't use spell check?
If you can understand him what's the problem? Some people are incredibly skilled with there hands but struggle with language. It doesn't mean they are dumb, if you can practise black magic with your hands you have to give up something else like spelling. I'd personally rather be super practical than super intellectual, but you are what you are.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-27-2017, 6:54 PM Reply   
Honestly all of us with more than a few brain cells know all this. The majority of what Trump is doing day to day is dangling shiny things for people like Grant to look at and to keep us all busy while they gut programs like the arts (which you may or not care about - I would argue you should) and the friggin State department (which we all DEFINITELY should) and get ready to take insurance away from millions.

Hopefully the defense secretary won't let them do something so stupid. He and McMaster are the only decent folks in there.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...eign-aid-cuts/
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-27-2017, 7:27 PM Reply   
Ralph has once again showed why he and Dane are some of the best posters here on W/W They both go high when others go LOW. LOL sorry about the Obama reference. And sorry about the bad spelling. I'm sorry I should feel bad but to be honest I just don't. I will try harder. Because I SO want you all to take me Serious.
America First is a vibe. It starts with putting the needs of your county first. I understand all the people that have been taking advantage of us for years are upset that the free ride could be ending but sorry America First
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-27-2017, 10:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
If you can understand him what's the problem? Some people are incredibly skilled with there hands but struggle with language. It doesn't mean they are dumb, if you can practise black magic with your hands you have to give up something else like spelling. I'd personally rather be super practical than super intellectual, but you are what you are.
R -- that's a GREAT analogy, and it really made me think.

You notice I'm not arguing with G about his many fantastic DIY threads. Grant, you've got crazy MAD skills with the tools, no doubt.

Tools are a great analogy -- You can buy the best tools and spend a lifetime trying to master them and even then you come up short and try to do better next time. Or you can by crap tools from Harbor Freight and slap something together.

Words are tools too -- they communicate thought, and meaning and understanding. Words also show the care that went into the thought.

Now I'll never be able to build a project like Grant can. But I do try every time to do a better job on the next one than I did on the last. And I think that that shows some respect to G and his craft. Even if I'll never be able to do it as well, the fact that I still aspire shows some respect for his skills.

Just looking for a little of that same care here (as opposed to the name calling / misspelling / jingoism)

Sloppy reasoning/sloppy spelling=hackjob DIY.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-28-2017, 7:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
That's no joke. I did a boat demo a while back and launched there, right under the cross town fwy. I never knew "that world" existed. So nasty and scary too. Weird to know that's right under me whenever I drive over it.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-28-2017, 9:57 AM Reply   
Mark: and Notice how we have silence when it comes to the Question, "who should we take care of First Refugees or Americans?" O wait is that a "Straw man Argument" so note to self any legit argument or point is a Straw man argument to "The Fake is Real"
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-28-2017, 10:11 AM Reply   
It's a bulls**t argument. If you want to fix a problem then just fix it. Don't use every unfixed problem as a reason to not fix anything. I always see the meme.. "No one refugee as long as there is a homeless vet". But the people who post those memes don't give a s**t about homeless vets beyond using them as a reason to not help refugees. We could house every homeless vet, as in buy them home free and clear with just the amount of welfare we send Israel in one year. But stupid people aren't interested in fixing problems. They are only interested in acting stupid. That's why we have Trump. He fulfills that need to a tee.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-28-2017, 10:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Mark: and Notice how we have silence when it comes to the Question, "who should we take care of First Refugees or Americans?" O wait is that a "Straw man Argument" so note to self any legit argument or point is a Straw man argument to "The Fake is Real"
Not silence, i answered. Americans first, but do both. In a far sighted way. If you take the $54b extra trump wants to spend on the military you can fix both and have some left over for free education for ghetto rats.