Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-27-2016, 12:31 PM Reply   
Wow: The first grandma gets 160k a year for the rest of her life for taking care of Obama's daughters aka Her own grand daughters! She has lived at the White House for the last 8 years for free, been all over the world for free, and has earned a lift time pension of 160k a year for 8 years of looking after her own grand daughters.

This is Hope and change folks! Can't wait for what The Beast comes up with!

http://thebostontribune.com/first-gr...nment-pension/
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-27-2016, 12:36 PM Reply   
$70 million in vacations since he tooks office; 3.7M on a 2 week trip to Hawaii in flights alone. Nobody runs up the debt like that fool.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       10-27-2016, 12:46 PM Reply   
Eating the white mans food too....jesus christ the nerve of these people.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-27-2016, 12:52 PM Reply   
Before you know it, one of these uppity ******s is going to try to use my drinking fountain or try to sit in the front seat of the bus.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-27-2016, 1:17 PM Reply   
^^^^You guys are straight up fools. You think that the ONLY reason Anyone could be upset about this kind of waste is because of the color of ones skin? I know Eric is quick to pull out the race card, But you think 8 years of being a grandma deserves 160k lifetime pension on Tax payers dime is OK? then you are part of the problem.
Government waste.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-27-2016, 1:19 PM Reply   
Grant, you're an idiot.

http://www.snopes.com/marian-robinson-pension/
Old    deltahoosier            10-27-2016, 1:20 PM Reply   
"This Is About Whiteness" UC Berkeley Students Segregate Campus, Block Bridge With Human Wall

The massive human wall was conceived as a pro-safe space demonstration. Activists wanted the university administration to designate additional safe spaces for trans students, gay students, and students of color. They were apparently incensed that one of their official safe spaces had been moved from the fifth floor of a building to the basement.

According to video footage of the protest, demonstrators blocked off the bridge completely. Students who needed to get to class had no choice but to cross the stream by jumping from rock to rock. Dozens of people can be seen doing so.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-1...dge-human-wall
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-27-2016, 1:20 PM Reply   
ROACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, why not just go to the onion for your news.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-27-2016, 1:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
LOL!

Quote:
The Boston Tribune is a fake new site that masquerades as the online arm of a legitimate big-city newspaper in order to lure readers with fabricated clickbait stories.
In grant's defense (love you buddy!) he is trying to read, vs. being spoonfed video stories.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-27-2016, 1:34 PM Reply   
Maybe he should read more closely... looks legit to me!!!
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-27-2016, 2:50 PM Reply   
Sorry for posting a fake link. Honestly I'm glad the story turns out to be false. I'm kicking myself because 99% of what my dad sends me turns out to be blatantly false where I Snopes it myself this one had the outward appearance of being true. I should have investigated it more.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-27-2016, 3:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
$70 million in vacations since he tooks office; 3.7M on a 2 week trip to Hawaii in flights alone. Nobody runs up the debt like that fool.
But still less than 1/2 the number of vacation days than Bush.
http://www.factcheck.org/2014/08/pre...ial-vacations/
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-28-2016, 3:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Except W.

And you do understand a lot of that expense comes from security and Air Force One. What is the President of the United States supposed to say; "I got it guys. Secret Service, you stay here in DC. And I'll be flying coach and staying at the Econo Lodge"?

More phony outrage from people that don't even take the time to make sure they are posting a legit story.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-28-2016, 4:19 AM Reply   
How about a real news story... Obama tells the pentagon to get their **** together and two days later they stop trying to rip off vets

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...026-story.html
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       10-28-2016, 7:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Haha! BURN!
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-06-2016, 9:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Sorry for posting a fake link. Honestly I'm glad the story turns out to be false. I'm kicking myself because 99% of what my dad sends me turns out to be blatantly false where I Snopes it myself this one had the outward appearance of being true. I should have investigated it more.
I'm curious how this one "had the outward appearance of being true?"

It was clear before I even clicked on the link it was likely BS.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-07-2016, 6:56 AM Reply   
Hey Wes: I know it's not somthing you Libs ever say and your VERY unfamiliar with the term but I will say it again. I was wrong. Mea culpa, and because I know you like links here ya go
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mea_culpa
Old     (flight007)      Join Date: Mar 2016       11-28-2016, 6:07 PM Reply   
OK I haven't had a good laugh like this in a long time. Reading through this thread and seeing the same people from 5-7 years ago still battling it out over stuff like this had me laughing like crazy. Love it.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-22-2017, 2:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
The hypocrisy is impressive with this one. Trump is spending at a rate 10x higher than Obama ($11+ million/mo vs. $1million/mo) and there's total silence from Grant and DenverD. Curious!
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-22-2017, 3:20 PM Reply   
One thing I've learned since posting here is that most of the Republicans on this forum are in a "Its my team" mindset.
"It doesn't matter if the quarterback is a douchbag as long as my team is on the field I'm gonna route for them"
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-22-2017, 5:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
The hypocrisy is impressive with this one. Trump is spending at a rate 10x higher than Obama ($11+ million/mo vs. $1million/mo) and there's total silence from Grant and DenverD. Curious!
Have you ever seen either one of those guys admit when they were wrong?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-22-2017, 5:31 PM Reply   
Grant will admin the news story was fake, but he won't admit to the hypocrisy of staying silent when Trump is running up the security bill at an impressive TEN TIMES the rate of the Obama administration.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            02-22-2017, 5:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
You realize that Trump is already up to what Obama spent in a year right? You think 3.7M is a lot? Look into the Florida white house cost. Or what we pay to send his kid on business trips to make money for himself. You really are something else.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmcc.../#460b3dde64dc
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-22-2017, 11:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Grant will admin the news story was fake, but he won't admit to the hypocrisy of staying silent when Trump is running up the security bill at an impressive TEN TIMES the rate of the Obama administration.
Hey, that may be a valid point, however, I'd prefer to see what he does as a whole rather than single out one snippet of his presidency. Wouldn't you agree? We're only 1 of 96 months into this right now. Truth is, we can all cherry pick each other's team to death, beat our chests and claim victory, but it's the whole picture that matters. I'd like to think that Trump's governing will produce mucho benefits/stimuli/surplus-which will more than mitigate the expenses that you're cryin about. I may be wrong. I guess we'll see. One thing for sure is all these conniption fits by the left are doing, is nothing but marginalizing them and making them look like extremist kooks, wearing see-through masks as watchdogs. Problem for them is no one cares what they say right now. It's a chicken little kinda scenario.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-23-2017, 2:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Hey, that may be a valid point, however, I'd prefer to see what he does as a whole rather than single out one snippet of his presidency. Wouldn't you agree? We're only 1 of 96 months into this right now. Truth is, we can all cherry pick each other's team to death, beat our chests and claim victory, but it's the whole picture that matters. I'd like to think that Trump's governing will produce mucho benefits/stimuli/surplus-which will more than mitigate the expenses that you're cryin about. I may be wrong. I guess we'll see. One thing for sure is all these conniption fits by the left are doing, is nothing but marginalizing them and making them look like extremist kooks, wearing see-through masks as watchdogs. Problem for them is no one cares what they say right now. It's a chicken little kinda scenario.
No one is "cherry picking"; they are doing an apples to apples comparison. Every time Obama went on vacation, conservative talking heads went berserk about the costs. WTF do they say now that Trump, who has only been the WH for a month now, is spending significantly more on his vacations? It just shows how disingenuous conservatives are when it comes to their talk about national debt.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-23-2017, 9:18 AM Reply   
The ***-for-tat on what it costs the President to travel really has nothing to do with the national debt.

We have a President. That President is entitled to vacation, and to have AF1 at his (or her, eventually) disposal. That costs money. The amount of money seems large for a single person / family (and is, compared to how most folks vacation) but this is the head of the executive branch of the most powerful nation on earth. It's not fair to compare what it costs to go rent a houseboat for a week.

Wanna talk about national debt? Let's talk taxes / social security / medicare / military funding. Presidential travel costs (whether Bush's, Obama's or Trump's) are a red herring for morons to seize onto.