Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-30-2015, 10:19 AM Reply   
Has anyone been to this venue before? I was coming in from out of town and wanted to know if its possible to watch from an anchored boat or if its land spectating only.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-30-2015, 11:37 AM Reply   
Is it on the Rock River where the Aqua Jays ski?... if so, its pretty darn narrow there. I was on a show ski team for years and IIRC that site is pretty narrow. You could maybe park at the ends of the pass, but wouldnt see ****.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-30-2015, 11:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
Is it on the Rock River where the Aqua Jays ski?... if so, its pretty darn narrow there. I was on a show ski team for years and IIRC that site is pretty narrow. You could maybe park at the ends of the pass, but wouldnt see ****.

Yeah I agree, I can't imagine them allowing any boats on that section of the river. It's likely they will close that section below the bridge. Great viewing from shore though. Probably the best viewing of any of their events. A lot better than lake Andrea from years past.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-30-2015, 12:09 PM Reply   
You could anchor in a few spots, but not really going to get you any closer to the action than watching from shore, IMO not worth the effort.

If you want stay away from the crowds their is a bike trail on the opposite side of the river from the event and it has a nice open spot right there to hang out. Bring your lawn chairs and some shade!

Great Venue for the riders though as it is almost always buttery and the rollers get knocked down pretty quick.

And like Ron Suggested... great venue for viewing as well.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-31-2015, 9:43 AM Reply   
Plus if you are in your boat, you don't get to check out the vendor booths....