Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-29-2015, 9:27 AM Reply   
Anyone done a heater install? My fourth boat and all the others have had heaters. This one...nope. So, thinking of putting one in myself. 2013 Mb Tomcat. Anyone had and first hand experience in doing this?

1. What do I buy? link?
2. IS this somethign someone can do myself?

Thanks all
love the help
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       06-29-2015, 1:22 PM Reply   
You have to be able to tap into the block or hoses and run hose to and from the heat exchanger. Then cut some holes for the hot tubes. Connect electrical for the blower fan.

I went with the 340 pro all inclusive system from Heatercraft. I wanted the ability to have 4 different outlets from the blower.
http://www.heatercraft.com/marine-he...lusive-system/

I got in on a group buy and got a big discount off retail.

I really like the 2nd generation Hot tubes because not only do they look better, but you can close the vents on them.

There's a ton of write-ups on installs, just search for heatercraft install.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-29-2015, 2:08 PM Reply   
consider doing two two-vent heaters.... one for the back of the cabin and one for the front. Pretty sure kalamazoo on the MB forum did this very install in his F22.
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-30-2015, 8:16 AM Reply   
Thinking just really want 2 vents. I will look up some installs on the MB forum too, but that heatercraft 4 is expensive. I would want a complete kit I think so I have everything I would need correct?....

http://www.skidim.com/ACU-HEAT-203-H...tinfo/203-H-C/ good??
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       07-06-2015, 4:21 AM Reply   
I build my own using some sheet metal, an '80s Ramcharger heater core (largest core I could find), some foam cut to size around teh core, and two 4" blower motors. Works well, believe it was under $100. I couldn't justify paying the huge markup Heatercraft charges.

I just have loose hoses now but would like to get some of those retractable tubes and install them somewhere. Anyone have a source for just the tube and face that surface mounts?

Seat furnaces are cheap and fairly easy to install as well. I got mine off Amazon.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-06-2015, 5:38 PM Reply   
I've installed two heaters in mine. Hooked them up in series and they work like a charm. It is not hard to do. Mounting the heater is like mounting an amp. Plumbing is easy. If you can, spend some time so that the heater core drains well. Both of my heaters are under the gunnels behind the seat backs.
I would recommend that you install a shut off on each side of the hoses so you can continue to run if the core happens to fail at some time. I also installed a couple drain caps to quick drain at the end of the season without having to undo any of the lines.
I really like the Heatercraft with three or four hoses. Hot tubes are the way to go.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       07-07-2015, 4:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyart View Post
If you can, spend some time so that the heater core drains well.
^ This. Mine is positioned with inlet and outlet down. To winterize I just disconnect the line at intake and before raw water pump and blow some air through the intake (high) side.
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-07-2015, 10:09 AM Reply   
Between this and a wake plate I have a lot of projects for the ole girl this winter!