Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-21-2017, 1:19 PM Reply   
Hi guys, old tech challenged guy needs help.
What site do you recommend to purchase music that can be downloaded to a phone and Ipod? Anything but Itunes. Im done with that ****show. Where we boat has no signal so streaming is not an option. Load the phone or pod, hit bluetooth and go.
So I am ready to buy all new music. Where do I go? Windows 10 . android phone and an unknown ipod Im buying soon.
Thanks.
John
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-21-2017, 5:16 PM Reply   
Pandora plus supports offline play. I buy cds off ebay and rip them with media player onto a hard drive. Them copy to my phone. Don't really care much for buying songs with DRM.
Old     (tweeder)      Join Date: Aug 2015       05-22-2017, 6:50 AM Reply   
Monthly subscription to spotify. $5 a month, you can stream any artist from your phone, build playlists and save them to play offline. If worried about data usage, make sure you use it from wifi when downloading music.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-22-2017, 8:05 AM Reply   
Just curious. What don't you like about iTunes?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-22-2017, 8:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Just curious. What don't you like about iTunes?
everything

spotify FTW
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-22-2017, 2:12 PM Reply   
^^^^^
what he said
Thanks.
has anyone done the Amazon prime thing?
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-22-2017, 2:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Pandora plus supports offline play. I buy cds off ebay and rip them with media player onto a hard drive. Them copy to my phone. Don't really care much for buying songs with DRM.

Wish I had that kind of time John.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-23-2017, 5:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
has anyone done the Amazon prime thing?
I still much prefer spotify. I'll echo the others, its the best thing out right now.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-23-2017, 12:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
I still much prefer spotify. I'll echo the others, its the best thing out right now.
Okay, but what if you're out on the lake without cell service? Also, isn't it just like Pandora where you don't pick the songs? Just the artist/genre and it goes from there?
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-23-2017, 3:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Okay, but what if you're out on the lake without cell service? Also, isn't it just like Pandora where you don't pick the songs? Just the artist/genre and it goes from there?
Yeah, thats the point of this. I have zero cell service where I ride.
Old     (tweeder)      Join Date: Aug 2015       05-24-2017, 5:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
When you have the free subscription it will behave like pandora. When you pay for Spotify it allows you to download music to your phone to be played offline.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-24-2017, 12:29 PM Reply   
OOOHHHHH.. OK now I get it.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       05-24-2017, 3:08 PM Reply   
Depends on the usage. Spotify is the best for desktop/fat client usage but I found it lacking on mobile (iOS at least). I ended up switching to Apple Music. Spotify may have improved their mobile offering in the last 6 months or so, but when I get in my car, I want my music to just start. I don't want to have to pull my phone out of my pocket, open the app, and manually get it going every time. First world problem, I know.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-24-2017, 3:38 PM Reply   
If you are already paying for amazon prime, you might as well check out the music app (you're already paying for it). Selection isn't quite as broad as spotify, but it's still going to take you the rest of your life to listen to 1M songs.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-25-2017, 9:01 AM Reply   
spotify plays through BT on my android. can control it from console as well
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-25-2017, 11:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Depends on the usage. Spotify is the best for desktop/fat client usage but I found it lacking on mobile (iOS at least). I ended up switching to Apple Music. Spotify may have improved their mobile offering in the last 6 months or so, but when I get in my car, I want my music to just start. I don't want to have to pull my phone out of my pocket, open the app, and manually get it going every time. First world problem, I know.
Interesting. When my Dodge truck connects to my phone it continues playing the last song played, whether it be Spotify or Apple. However my older GMC truck defaulted to iTunes and it drove me crazy.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       05-25-2017, 11:40 AM Reply   
Dunno if it's an apple/bmw thing (one or the other always seems to be breaking bluetooth) but spotify would never autostart/pick up where it left off - it was super annoying. Haven't had any issues since switching.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-25-2017, 11:45 AM Reply   
In my car stereo Pandora bluetoothed from my phone starts up right where it left off. In my truck, which has a bluetooth to FM adapter it has to be manually restarted on my phone every time.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-26-2017, 9:08 AM Reply   
soundcloud - Tropical House

Doesn't help the OP's issue but if you have reception there is tones of great music which is perfect for the boat. Upbeat without feeling like your at a rave and non offending to everyone else. Just great upbeat music. Look up Kygo or Thomas Jack. Lots of 1-2 hour sets.