Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (harry_cho)      Join Date: Jul 2016       04-05-2018, 7:16 AM Reply   
I want to buy a Nautique boat
is any one can help me this quetion

210 or 230 or GS 20 which one better for wakeboard and wakesur?f

GS22 and G21 which one better for wakeboard and wakesurf?
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       04-05-2018, 11:43 AM Reply   
210/230 are both great boats that will give you a very nice wave for either. 230, you can make wave a bit bigger, but obviously you also need more weight.

G21 also very nice, has more options and more freeboard than 210...costs more of course for the extra options. If I went with new Nautique it would probably be a 230. I don't know much about the GS boats, but you should go to PlanetNautique forum for more details answers to those questions since you are wanting a Nautique and not looking at anything else. Very nice well made boats. All of them are gonna be great, some are just a bit better than others at certain things. Pretty sure that 210/230 are little better at wakeboard and G21 for surfing since surf system makes a pretty steep wall of water for the surf wave, tho it really depends on the surf wave you like to ride on.

Biggest thing....DEMO them before you buy and don't just look at the waves, ride them since that is the only real way you will know. A wave can look pretty but be pretty crappy when you get on it, lacking push, etc. None of the new boats are gonna suck at anything tho (except maybe skiing on G21....and that is where the GS boats come in if you want to be able to do all the sports....I heard on GS, all 3 sports (surf/wakeboard/ski) are good but nothing is incredible for that reason, but they also have not been out very long).
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-05-2018, 4:27 PM Reply   
Gotta love the freeboard in the G series, all older Nautique’s had the freeboard of a Jon boat https://www.loweboats.com/jon-boats/

Last edited by rexlex01; 04-05-2018 at 4:30 PM.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       04-05-2018, 5:51 PM Reply   
I opted for a 2017 Nautique 210.

Really love the 210/230 model. For my needs a 21 was enough.
It creates an impressive wave when you just change those rear Fatsac.

It’s pretty much a financial decision. You go with your budget.
Every Nautique have the same fit&finish and all Nautique things.
Some have more options sure, but overall quality is always there.
Just depends on your needs.

The G are the big brother. incredible surfwave (one of my favorite) Big boat, lot of freeboard compare to other model, Heavy weight, lots of ballast. They are the most expensive too.

GS are the all arounds. Better for skiing. Price between the 2.
They fits in 7ft garage door. Surfwave and wakeboard is great too.

210/230 are the entry level. But deliver so much for the price. Surf wave is really great and wakeboard comparable to G.
Personally I prefer the hull of them over GS.

Last edited by Mike88; 04-05-2018 at 5:56 PM. Reason: Tapping
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-05-2018, 8:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexlex01 View Post
Gotta love the freeboard in the G series, all older Nautique’s had the freeboard of a Jon boat https://www.loweboats.com/jon-boats/
Funny.... the thing i dont like is the overwhelming amount of freeboard. It no longer has the feel of a performance boat but more like a ditch cruiser.