Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-11-2015, 11:25 AM Reply   
Can someone explain or provide me a diagram of how I would connect to sacs inline with one main fill and empty? Just not sure how to go about this.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-11-2015, 11:55 AM Reply   
you have a ballast system and you want to add sacs to it? easy as pie. grab some hose and the fittings for your bags. local hardware has 90% of it or check here:

bags, hose and fittings
http://www.wakemakers.com/wakeboard-ballast
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-11-2015, 12:56 PM Reply   
I have sacs already plumbed in yes and I want to connect a second one inline = connect 2 400lbs sacs on one side of the boat. Just wasn't sure how to connect the additional lines from sac to sac for fill,empty and well I know the vent can be T'd in to the current vent line.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-11-2015, 12:58 PM Reply   
basically T everything. Fill, drain and vent
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-11-2015, 1:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Just wasn't sure how to connect the additional lines from sac to sac for fill,empty and well I know the vent can be T'd in to the current vent line.
Two options:

1. "Y" everything, so from the fill pump split into two lines, one to each bag. Same for the empty, run a drain line that connect together and end up at the drain pump

2. Daisy chain them.
Fill pump -- hose --> Bag 1 -- hose --> Bag 2
Bag 2 --- hose --> Bag 1 -- hose --> Drain pump
.... this way you fill the two by the water going into one and then forcing through to the next bag.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       06-11-2015, 1:26 PM Reply   
I assume you've got a reversible pump on these bags? because there's not enough head pressure with aerator pumps to effectively daisy chain bags (or so I've been told). That said, a few ball valves would solve that.

I have a reversible pump that goes to two bags that are under the cabin and bow seats on the surf side. I put in a Tee before each bag, and then got a plastic ball valve so I could open or shut each one separately. There have been times where I would only want to fill one or the other, and having that shutoff makes it so I can for sure get them both drained well.

The ball valves, tee's, and barb fittings are super cheap at your local plumbing store.

I chose to have vent lines for each of them to a thru-hull. I could have used another Tee, but since I wanted to operate my bags separately, I would have needed check valves and a thru hull is certainly cheaper than adding more check valves.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-11-2015, 1:53 PM Reply   
aerators: head pressure they can't handle is more vertical. an aerator would definitely fill a couple sacks that were linked up. I like aerators cause their faster. they take a little more planning so that they prime well every time, but thats pretty easy as well.

You could also add a fill pump (whichever style you prefer) to your current system's water inlet if fill time is slower than you want
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       06-11-2015, 1:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
aerators: head pressure they can't handle is more vertical. an aerator would definitely fill a couple sacks that were linked up. I like aerators cause their faster. they take a little more planning so that they prime well every time, but thats pretty easy as well.

You could also add a fill pump (whichever style you prefer) to your current system's water inlet if fill time is slower than you want
When I retrofitted my ballast system, I went with aerators for the fill/empty on my 3 main bags (1100, 1100, 1180). So I'm with you on that.

I was just told that they might not work for daisy chained bags. I'd imagine they'd be just fine on the fill side, but maybe it's the empty that would be problematic? If so, maybe it would be as simple as just adding an empty pump at the base of each bag. I'm sure that would work fine...
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-11-2015, 2:03 PM Reply   
your'e right on draining. they won't vacuum a bag out like reversibles. unless they have ZERO air.. I've had success T'ing two bags together and putting a drain pump on the middle of the T.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       06-11-2015, 2:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
your'e right on draining. they won't vacuum a bag out like reversibles. unless they have ZERO air.. I've had success T'ing two bags together and putting a drain pump on the middle of the T.
Yeah, but aerators are so cheap, just ADD MOAR PUMPS!!!

LOL
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-11-2015, 2:17 PM Reply   
true! I'd like to use a 3800 for something!