Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-26-2011, 8:13 AM Reply   
Ohhh no my insurance just went from $540 to $830 with State Farm. No claims, no new boat, no nothing other than living in Florida and State Farm cherry picking what they will insure.

The boat is insured in Central Florida. Who are you guys using in Florida? I can see I need to make a switch.
Old     (cobra_nuggets)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-26-2011, 8:35 AM Reply   
Boat US.

~$430/yr
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-26-2011, 8:41 AM Reply   
Just quoted Boat US $540 and I already purchase their required towing card for my offshore boat.
Old     (03suprassv)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-26-2011, 9:24 AM Reply   
Have had them going on 4 years. Best price I could find. I have filed a claim with them about 2 years ago and all went smooth. Rate only went up about $50 a year. Now that I have not filed any new claims it has went back down. $480 a year.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-26-2011, 10:50 AM Reply   
That is one hell of a percentage increase for the same coverage. State Farm has been dropping coverage and increasing rates. Maybe you will see an increase at your next renewal. Ski Safe came in at 540 with slightly better coverage.

Last year they dropped the homeowners on my house on the St. Johns River in Astor and they won't touch the homeowners in South Florida. They also want to drop a 31 foot boat I have and they will only insure it out of my home port is Astor.

I may take my auto policy somewhere else. I'm starting to agree with the statement that if are going to insure in Florida your not going to just cherry pick what you will write.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-26-2011, 12:04 PM Reply   
My friend's automobile insurance did basically the same thing. State Farm may be losing a lot of customers.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-26-2011, 1:10 PM Reply   
I don't think it is a great concern of theirs. I believe their size somehow creates additional exposure in a catastrophic event. One of these reinsurance or risk pool deals... The insurance not the cost of the toys themselves is becoming the most difficult/frustrating part of ownership.
Old     (wiegs)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-26-2011, 1:12 PM Reply   
I work for an insurance company and I know that FL has a very high fraud rate. Many company's have increased rates to help offset this.
Old    fowl            09-26-2011, 1:22 PM Reply   
i had progressive in FL for my 2005 210 with ALOT of coverage and i had to pay about 1200 b/c of two speeding tickets. when i say alot of coverage i mean about as much as possible.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-26-2011, 1:56 PM Reply   
Fraud is not driving all of this stuff although it is on the required Personal Injury Protection (PIP) required by the State. You see bone crackers with a desk for an attorney in the office so they can soak the PIP system. Its shameful. I would believe uninsured motorists would be a bigger issue than fraud.

The rate on a 31 foot boat in South Florida went from 1200 to 2400 per year with less coverage. Now they want even more. My home insurance (homeowners, flood, windstorm) on a 2200 sf house was running $500 per month. Where does all this money go? Administration? Lawyers?
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-26-2011, 2:01 PM Reply   
I'm just going to lock everything up in a trust and put a big sign on my boat just like the doctors now have on their office walls stating: Due to high insurance costs, this owner carries no insurance. Before accepting a ride, please fill out the attached acknowledgment form.