Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakesetter_WW)      Join Date: Jul 2010       10-07-2010, 8:16 PM Reply   
If you could make a wakeboard room for a new lake house what would you do? Or what have you done?
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-08-2010, 1:38 AM Reply   
It would have a board rack, a wetsuit rail and a comfortable area to get changed and a shower. It would basically be a fancy wet room.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-08-2010, 4:00 AM Reply   
Pretty much what jon said: board rack, wet stuff rail, shower, somewhere to comfortably sit. Maybe a TV to watch some DVD's before you ride. A work bench. I'd chuck in some light weights too, to warm up the muscles. A fridge, with beer, for when you come back. Good ventilation to get out the wet smell..... think that would be my key points I'd have. Depends how much of a hang out room you want to make it.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       10-08-2010, 4:31 AM Reply   
Hmmm
Old     (hyperlink)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-08-2010, 9:24 AM Reply   
Dont forget the hammock and the massage chair!

Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       10-08-2010, 9:47 AM Reply   
^ how did you end up hanging your boards? all of mine are just sitting on the floor propped up agains the wall.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-08-2010, 10:08 AM Reply   
In my room (not a board room) I just put in a wall plugs and screwed through the fins holes.
Old     (hyperlink)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-08-2010, 11:00 AM Reply   
Some are through fin holes, the broken boards I just drilled holes in, and the Perez is held up with screws on the side with big plastic washers overlapping the board.
Old     (ShawnMcNasty)      Join Date: Sep 2010       10-08-2010, 12:22 PM Reply   
Sweet perez board. Iv got the old HO shapiro at my house. The bottom glows in the dark. I wish I could find more old school boards like that.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-08-2010, 2:53 PM Reply   
my basement is all my old boards, and wake skates, during the winter all my boards are on the walls. There is a stan jones and nice satalite map of powell, some X sport art I did in h.s. A flag from the Mile high meet n greet. and My old hockey jerseys. I have a couch and recliner. Just need a nice big stero/tv/dvd set up for retrospect viewings in feb.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-08-2010, 8:08 PM Reply   
I'm always looking for things that nobody has done already. How about one wall dedicated to displaying x-rays and MRIs from you and all your buddies? Put a fluorescent light source sunk into the wall behind some frosted plexi - would be dope! "Check it out, playa... ain't NOBODY got dis sh*t in they wake room!!"
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-08-2010, 8:11 PM Reply   
PS, liking that military graphic first gen HL Byerly - you don't see too many of those around.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-09-2010, 10:44 AM Reply   
In cololege, my buddies and I all had our speeding tickets and other violations on the wall
Old     (wakesetter_WW)      Join Date: Jul 2010       10-10-2010, 3:33 PM Reply   
When I asked this question I was referring to a bedroom but a wet room would be a good idea... Boards on the wall is a given. I think some sort of black silhouette of a boarder and boat with the rope connecting them would be awesome. Not sure where I could get this though. Also the fridge with beer is a must, as well as the boarding videos.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       10-11-2010, 5:02 AM Reply   
thats sick....
Old     (younguns44)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-22-2011, 7:56 PM Reply   
Is that wall paper
Old     (iRIDEWAKES)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-23-2011, 7:59 AM Reply   
might be wrong but it looks like paneling?

Tight chill spot for sure
Old     (rellik546)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-23-2011, 7:47 PM Reply   
depending on your boards rocker/shape. i use the burton (only thing burton i own) snowboard wall holders. they are sweet and they work on my wakeboard too. they are just clips u screw to the wall then have a rotating arm, rotate them to lock the board from falling off the wall and rotate them back to take the board off. pretty sweet and they dont look crappy like those wall hooks u can buy from home depot

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...kAlsj97rU0GW5g

i think ronix or slingshot should make some....just a suggestion if anyone is listening....
Old     (Erik2393)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-26-2011, 9:33 PM Reply   
Sweet Perez Board!!! Ive got the same one along with one (if not the) original HO boards. Always thought about hanging them on the wall this post just made me want to do it more! I have enough wakeboards