Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-04-2014, 12:36 PM Reply   
Can anyone suggest a DURABLE board sock that fins won't cut through in only a few months.
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-08-2014, 2:50 PM Reply   
As my buddy always says, "socks are for feet, get a board bag".

I have bought several from triplexsurfandskim.com and have been happy with them. They are reasonably priced also
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-08-2014, 8:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by drnate View Post
As my buddy always says, "socks are for feet, get a board bag".

I have bought several from triplexsurfandskim.com and have been happy with them. They are reasonably priced also
Bags are too bulky to fit under the seat with a board in it or on the Z5 rack
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-09-2014, 7:06 AM Reply   
I can fit three of them in one of my bow compartments. They take up less room than you think after being folded and squashed down. If they reall will not fit then you'll have to make a choice I guess. I've never seen a good board sock, though. They're made for minimal protection and to be cheap
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-09-2014, 4:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by drnate View Post
I can fit three of them in one of my bow compartments. They take up less room than you think after being folded and squashed down. If they reall will not fit then you'll have to make a choice I guess. I've never seen a good board sock, though. They're made for minimal protection and to be cheap
I think are misunderstanding...the bags will not fit with a surfboard inside the bag and storing multiple boards under the seat (the bags are too padded and not sized correctly). I know the surf bags will fold and be stored, I have an Axis A24 with plenty of under seat storage. The FCS style fins keep cutting through the board socks. They should make a board sock with a section for the fins that is re-enforced
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-10-2014, 7:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by you_da_man View Post
I think are misunderstanding...the bags will not fit with a surfboard inside the bag and storing multiple boards under the seat (the bags are too padded and not sized correctly). I know the surf bags will fold and be stored, I have an Axis A24 with plenty of under seat storage. The FCS style fins keep cutting through the board socks. They should make a board sock with a section for the fins that is re-enforced
Ahh, yes. I was misunderstanding

The board bag can't be more than a half inch total thicker than a board sock, no?
Old     (stingreye)      Join Date: Oct 2012       09-10-2014, 10:51 AM Reply   
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Surf-Board-S...item3a8ce714a6

Like that? Its for a bigger ocean board, no idea if it fits.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-14-2014, 6:55 PM Reply   
Some board socks are reinforced in the tail area for fins. The reinforcement also serves as a pocket sometimes for vests (rash guards, not pfds). Most socks are really designed for surfboards not wakesurfs (just affects the size/length of the sock). I like the Prolite socks these are study and reinforced. I plan to do a run of a few hundred socks later this months.

Nick