Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakesetter_WW)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-27-2012, 7:11 PM Reply   
I'm looking to purchase a pair of new tower speakers for my 2006 Malibu Wakesetter with the Illusion tower. Could someone provide me with some speaker recommendations? I know everyone will say Wet Sound is the way to go and I can't disagree. However, I'm looking to keep my price as low as possible given that I'm a junior in college purchasing speakers to go on my parents boat that they so willing let me use like my own. Ideally, I would keep the price somewhere around $400-600 for the pair. I have a kicker zx 350.4 amp and a kicker zx 550.2 amp that I'm not using. (Removed them from my Tahoe and don't plan to install in my new car). Would either of these amps be sufficient to power a nice set of tower speakers? Current tower speakers are sh*t..

Thanks in advance,
Parker
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       01-27-2012, 7:24 PM Reply   
You could stick with the Kicker theme you have going and get some KM6500.2s:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...mpaign=froogle

And either find some appropriate used cans or make some out of PVC and fiberglass. Either of your amps could drive them and they're HLCD so you should be able to hear them well while wake boarding.
Old     (bmock50)      Join Date: Feb 2011       01-27-2012, 7:35 PM Reply   
Look for used wet sounds. You can find deals that are around your price range, but maybe a little higher.
Old     (jrw160)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-28-2012, 5:14 AM Reply   
You shoulder be able to find used pro80s for under $600. I sold mine for $675 and they only had one season of use on them. There should be a lot for sale with people upgrading to rev10s
Old     (burke)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-28-2012, 8:23 AM Reply   
I have two pairs of DBot5 speakers that I've been looking to sale since last year - http://dbot5.com/wakeboard-speakers/. I have a 8" pair and a 6.5" pair, and I believe in the hardware kit, they come with a specific mounting bracket for Malibu towers (looks like a flat, thick piece of aluminum that slides into some kind of bracket).

Let me know if you might be interested in this setup. I was running it off a JL 300/2 amp and they sounded awesome.
Old     (d_rock)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-28-2012, 9:38 AM Reply   
I'd throw two pairs of demo Exile sxt's up there. I ran two pairs of these before I added xm7's and they were great. Not super loud at the end of the rope, but sounded great for surfing and partying. I wanted to fill my tower on my 03 so I added the xm7's and am content for now. I think you can get a pair of those for around 350, and they look solid on the illusion tower. Brian is great to work with as well.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-28-2012, 10:57 AM Reply   
ditchsnake on Supra forums has a set of Pro80's or 60's for sale......
Old     (bmock50)      Join Date: Feb 2011       01-28-2012, 5:57 PM Reply   
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...=150743413672+