Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-09-2010, 6:35 PM Reply   
I went for a toe 3 this weekend. I havent landed any 3s yet but have all my 180s w2w. TIps are appreciated!

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-09-2010, 8:18 PM Reply   
more legs push harder to get more height.
Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-09-2010, 11:15 PM Reply   
Keep the handle in close. Pull it to your hip and keep it around your hip until it is in the small of the back. You kind of let it out and that will pull you over your nose a bit. Also try and catch the handle right as you land (for me that always puts me in the right position rotation-wise) and make sure to land over your toes. You have enough height to land it you just need to be positioned right on your landing. Keep trying, you will get them. Once you land it, its pretty smooth sailing from there. It is one of the easiest tricks to do once you figure out the landing.
Old    alanp            08-10-2010, 4:41 AM Reply   
this is 2 180's. spin the first then go for the second. its not a 360(i.e. done all at one time like others). when you land you will be looking behind you away from the boat similar to a bs 180. youre on the right track. keep the boat slow and dont worry about going wake to wake.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-10-2010, 6:40 AM Reply   
Thanks guys, I'll try again on Friday!
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-10-2010, 5:41 PM Reply   
Nice work! Looks to me like you could have ridden all three away if you had the handle. I'd practice on passing the handle. A drill that's helped me was to learn how to ride switch blind and pass the handle back and forth behind my back while maintaining TS riding position. This is to simulate late handle pass for a TS3. I also learned them one wake outside in first. Once I took them w2w, the problem I had was loosing the handle due to the increased line tension. Finally figured out the problem was with my progressive edge and learned to cut harder at first and ease off my edge before the wake. The other piece of the puzzle is a switch BS1 so I could grab the TS3 with the front hand and hold all the way through to the blind landing. That one is still a work in progress. Anyway, looks like you're on the right track, keep at it and you'll have it! :-)