Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-06-2015, 11:13 AM Reply   
Just bought a 2006 Sanger V210 Black Scorp. First inboard for me. Last 10 years I had an '87 Sanger TX which is an I/O. I take a trip up to Donner Lake which is at 5,900' elevation every summer. On my old boat I would swap the prop for a better hole shot primarily for deep water starts on my comp slalom ski. The old I/O didn't really need the prop change other than for the slalom start and it was a carb.

I have no experience with inboards at elevation. I know a lot of you run a lot of weight at elevation so you have to go with a lower pitched prop. When we ski, it's just the oberserver and driver and of course we are running light. Do you think I will need to swap the prop on the V210 for deep water slalom starts?

We will also be wakeboarding but only with the 500lb center ballast filled. Based on my few times out on the new boat at sea level, I'm not worried about pulling a wakeboarder at elevation. Boat has plenty of power.

So... I'd rather not spend the money on a new prop just for the slalom start if I don't have to.

The new boat...
Attached Images

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-06-2015, 11:28 AM Reply   
should have plenty of torque to get you up quickly. what prop is on there now? direction, size and pitch (along with shaft dia) should be stamped around in the prop around the prop shaft
Old     (jws2)      Join Date: Apr 2015       05-06-2015, 11:34 AM Reply   
plus it is fuel injected it should adjust idle on it own to account for the air density changes.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       05-06-2015, 11:37 AM Reply   
Should be fine. But always a good idea to have a prop puller and xtra prop when camping. Just in case. Not having one could ruin a vacation quick.
Old     (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-06-2015, 11:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
should have plenty of torque to get you up quickly. what prop is on there now? direction, size and pitch (along with shaft dia) should be stamped around in the prop around the prop shaft
It's got the standard 515 prop... 13x12 VL 1-1/8"
Old     (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-06-2015, 11:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
Should be fine. But always a good idea to have a prop puller and xtra prop when camping. Just in case. Not having one could ruin a vacation quick.
Yeah I had all that stuff for my old boat and it saved my many times. Plan to get prop puller but would like to know if I should get another 515 prop or something different. I spend 99.9% of my time boating at or very near sea level.

You have v210, right? Have you taken it to elevation much?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-06-2015, 12:21 PM Reply   
sounds like a good middle of the road prop. It isn't going to pull massive weight (that isn't a priority) and should have good top end and hole shot unloaded. If it aint broke, don't fix it. I'd put a few hours on the boat and see if its lacking anywhere. then get exactly what you want and use 515 as a backup.

I've got the 911 on my v230 cause we surf and wakeboard loaded. Can't comment on elevation
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       05-06-2015, 2:27 PM Reply   
Ya I use a 911 but get sacked out. Also go to 6000' lakes pretty often cuz I like ice water. Still plane out loaded with that prop.
Old     (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-06-2015, 3:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
Ya I use a 911 but get sacked out. Also go to 6000' lakes pretty often cuz I like ice water. Still plane out loaded with that prop.
Cool if you're loaded at 6,000' and still plane out I should be fine running light at 6,000' with the 515. Might just have to hold my breath a little longer.

How loaded you talking? Plan to load mine up a sea level one of these days when I get some sacks.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       05-06-2015, 4:07 PM Reply   
2200#

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=797390

Mines under dirty dmac420sj
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-06-2015, 9:10 PM Reply   
I run a 525 on mine. Great prop, pulls 2500 pounds + 6 people out at sea level and runs about 40mph unloaded
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-06-2015, 9:11 PM Reply   
I have a trim plate tho, that helps heaps in getting her up when slumpin.