Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-05-2015, 6:30 AM Reply   
http://www.streetinsider.com/IPOs/MasterCraft+Files+for+$1001M+IPO/10516920.html

Talk amongst yourselves.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-05-2015, 7:02 AM Reply   
Congratulations to Mastercraft owners! Now they can truly own a piece of the company they love.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-05-2015, 7:35 AM Reply   
Get used to cutting corners.

Public companies have to show growth.. real or on paper.. year over year, quarter over quarter. If the boat business isn't growing ENOUGH organically.. they have to SHOW growth or the stock gets punished.

How do you show growth? Cut costs. Get into other areas of the boat business. Acquire other companies.

Not sure this is a great idea.
Old     (annq42)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-05-2015, 8:12 AM Reply   
You only have to show growth to your stock holders if you open the stock to the public. Most companies this size will have all the stock purchased by the top people in the company and a few rich backers.

I dont think we will see cut corners but maybe a few less boats. A high end and a low end, and very few in between.
Old     (LukeR103)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-05-2015, 8:14 AM Reply   
Not sure how this will turn out for MasterCraft. Isn't Malibu Public? MBUU
Hopefully they still put customers first over share holders......... but, like biggator says - growth is the only concern for most public companies
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-05-2015, 8:31 AM Reply   
Earnings are another big factor that will be scrutinized each quarter. all depends on leadership and management whether they can remain a specialized niche product with a small segment of the overall boating industry. Or if they'll start chasing mainstream dollars with offerings more in the center of the boating market. like I/Os and runabouts...

Fortunately for all the haters, I predict you won't see many more "lifestyle" promos like the vid that was released a month or two ago