Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (LukeR103)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-24-2014, 9:10 AM Reply   
If you're online today and haven't watched Al Sur..... You're doing it wrong.
Free download today only

www.unionwakeboarder.com
http://unionwakeboarder.com/watch-al...keboard-movie/
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-24-2014, 9:46 AM Reply   
Stoked I snagged it while it was free! Haven't watched yet but cannot wait!
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       05-24-2014, 2:13 PM Reply   
Just watched it. Harris kills it again. So refreshing to see wakeboarding behind a boat. No cables or winches in this flick, just massive wakes and double ups. Loved it!!
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       05-24-2014, 2:58 PM Reply   
Vandall is insane! A true legend.
Old     (fizzz)      Join Date: Nov 2010       05-24-2014, 4:56 PM Reply   
Seriously awesome riding, nothing ground breaking just super stylish riding for 40 straight minutes!
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-25-2014, 7:40 AM Reply   
for some reason al sur wont download onto my macbook pro. anyone else have this issue? what am i doing wrong? i wait for the download.... seems like its going good then it says the application cant open it.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-25-2014, 7:49 AM Reply   
Downloaded fine on my iMac. Save the file to downloads. Then try playing it with vlc player instead of QuickTime. QuickTime blows.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-25-2014, 7:55 AM Reply   
what the hell is a vlc player. im un-hitec
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-25-2014, 9:11 AM Reply   
VLC = VideoLan Client. www.videolan.org
Old     (t0nyv831)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-25-2014, 1:42 PM Reply   
Watched it twice! Riding, editing, location, music, ALL GOOD. Do yourself a favor if you're not riding, you should be watching it.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-26-2014, 12:25 AM Reply   
So glad to see everyone else loved it as much as I did. Whoever said boat riding was dead needs to watch this movie ASAP.
Everything was just so sick. Derek Cook's riding is filthy, too much swag for 1 wrap handle. Cannot wait to see more of Twelker and of course Vandall is always epic to watch, but was anyone else stoked to see how Danny Harf has been doing since Defy? Everything he's doing, especially the Japan style tricks he does just seemed to look so much better than usual. The amount of time he grabbed his moby dick 5 was insane, made me pause and rewind a few times.
Wouldn't have minded more JD Webb.

Great Movie!!!
Old     (fizzz)      Join Date: Nov 2010       05-26-2014, 3:48 AM Reply   
Vinny I agree, harfs riding was off the charts! Would have liked to see rathy more too
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       05-26-2014, 9:48 PM Reply   
After 11 hours of downloading the download stopped at 500-something mb... :s
Could watch the first half or so. Derek Cook is awesome to watch, he's been a favorite lately.
Really enjoyed the first part. Now need to get the whole movie...
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       05-27-2014, 12:42 AM Reply   
11 hours of downloading? Are you still on dial up? I just downloaded it in 2 minutes flat. Gonna watch it tomorrow though. It's getting late.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-27-2014, 11:51 AM Reply   
What Randall Harris does in the last minute and a half of that movie is insane. The technicality of going that huge is other worldly. Mad respect to the man for that! WOW! My jam is still on the floor. From the fully punted HS 7 that he spins on the way down to the wrapped TS BS 5 off the wake 20 feet into the flats. that was just mind boggling.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-28-2014, 12:23 AM Reply   
What'd you think of his Slim Chance into the flats? hahaha I had to rewatch it a few times
Glad the movie really showcases Vandall's talent, would hate for younger riders to not know his name and the weight it carries to people who know his story
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-28-2014, 7:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyA View Post
What'd you think of his Slim Chance into the flats? hahaha I had to rewatch it a few times
Glad the movie really showcases Vandall's talent, would hate for younger riders to not know his name and the weight it carries to people who know his story
Vinny, that was NUTS! I did the same thing. That last section that is only like 8 hits is so epic. He is pushing the limits of how big you can take a slim chance. I dont think enough people give that kind of line tension control credit, its so hard to go that big and not get the handle ripped out of your hands.
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       05-28-2014, 11:15 AM Reply   
Harris's sections ALWAYS blow my mind. I wish more pro's would ride like that. It's understandable why they don't due to the obvious risk of injury and for the fact that that riding style can't win "the pro tour". It's so much fun to watch though. My knees ache every time he lands.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-28-2014, 12:06 PM Reply   
I also don't understand why more pros don't try to go this big. Everyone has seen most of the tricks done in a video a bunch of times before and while it's cool to see new videos and new angles, it's always most interesting to see new tricks or tricks done bigger than before.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-28-2014, 12:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
I also don't understand why more pros don't try to go this big. Everyone has seen most of the tricks done in a video a bunch of times before and while it's cool to see new videos and new angles, it's always most interesting to see new tricks or tricks done bigger than before.
Probably because it's too hard to be consistent when going that big. Pro Tour riders need to land every trick every time in a run. Filming for a video can (and probably does) have many more falls and they just get edited out.
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       05-28-2014, 12:32 PM Reply   
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-28-2014, 5:49 PM Reply   
That's one star studded cast. Tons of insane tricks. Especially Vandall's last section.Awesome locations too.40 minutes too,a bonus now a days.Great editing.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-28-2014, 10:26 PM Reply   
Twelker's riding was so sick!!! Huge fan of Derek Cook too. But Randall takes the cake. That last 45 seconds or so is insane. The last trick, wrapped TS BS 7 off the dub was amazing. Amazing. I watched that section like 5 times in a row.

I agree, more Rathy would have been great.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-29-2014, 8:20 AM Reply   
How can you still see it/get it?
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-29-2014, 8:37 AM Reply   
go to unionwakeboarder.com
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-03-2014, 6:34 PM Reply   
Awesome! One of the better wakeboard vids I have seen since Lipsmack.