Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-02-2017, 5:40 AM Reply   
How many of you guys have been? I'd like to go but I'm barely a beginner, would this be something I would have a good time at being a total newb surfer? My kids can surf, I just can't really do it behind my boat with the boards I got. Would be kinda cool to see if it is something I would really like or not. I'm ordering one of the surf devices to see if that helps but so far just cant seem to get a good combo to even try on. Anyways, look forward to hearing peoples experiences of it from years past.
Old     (st68)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-03-2017, 3:48 AM Reply   
Hey Bill. I am biased because I am one of the organizers but I will say this event is most beneficial to someone like you!! Sounds like you are trying to figure some things to enjoy your surfing even more... the event will be great for you in many aspects.... discover boards you like and can ride well, see how different boat waves agree with your style of surfing and getting to talk to other surfers who probably have insight how to dial your boat in more as well. I went to the wake9 event that this one is modeled after in the same shoes you are in now and it really took my surfing to the next level and was such a blast.... obviously I would encourage you to attend and try to decide sooner than later as their are only a few slots left. Hope that helps!! Scott
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-03-2017, 7:00 AM Reply   
I've never even really been ropeless for more than like a couple minutes or so. Just don't want to waste a spot for someone that is truly there to test boards and boats. I mean I kinda understand the concepts, its just never been that high on the priority list cause we don't do it often. I've been hooked by the skyski bug, I don't even wakeboard often anymore. I'll have to see if the wifey might be interested or one of the kids.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-05-2017, 8:04 PM Reply   
If nothing else, said gun up for a clinic spot with one of the Pro riders.