Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (srich5)      Join Date: Apr 2016       01-23-2017, 10:25 AM Reply   
I am looking at an 08 Tige RZ2 with 270 hours. I think I can get it for about 45k. Does anyone have any experience with these boats? It looks to be in really nice condition.

I am not familiar with Tige's as much so any tips or info are greatly appreciated!
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-23-2017, 10:58 AM Reply   
You'll more than likely get more bashing on here regarding a Tige than real information. Head over here: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/forum.php
Old     (retoxtony)      Join Date: Apr 2012       01-24-2017, 1:55 PM Reply   
I have an 07 RZ2 which would be almost identical to an 08. Pretty happy with it. The wakeboard wake is nothing special but it puts out a pretty decent wave for surfing. My biggest complaints would be the tower and bimini. The tower is a bit wobbly and the bimini is a ridiculous setup. Some people complain about the quality of vinyl in the 07, 08 boats because it feels thin, but mines holding up really well for a 10 year old boat. I have a few seams starting to stretch but no cracking and hardening yet. The factory ballast system kinda sucks and is small, so your better off with a boat with no system or rip out the factory one and start over. Also some people complain about the factory speedset not working well but mine works fine. 45k sounds high unless its absolutely perfect shape and has some serious upgrades done to it.

Like Dave said, head over to the Tige forum to get some good info. Most guys there will give you pretty honest answers about the good and bad. They're decent boats, but not without their flaws.

Last edited by retoxtony; 01-24-2017 at 1:56 PM. Reason: added
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-24-2017, 4:44 PM Reply   
For a surf machine, yes the factory ballast wont cut it, but there are solutions.

The speed set issue is resolved, so no worries there.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-24-2017, 5:47 PM Reply   
Agree with above.....including the price being noticeably high.
Old     (AdamBrewer)      Join Date: Aug 2014       01-25-2017, 12:59 PM Reply   
There is a real nice 2007 RZ2 here in Utah. https://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/41820984
Old     (Dandy21)      Join Date: May 2016       03-22-2017, 11:18 AM Reply   
As mentioned, the SpeedSet issue is resolved. A member on TO has a replacement circuit board for this available at a very fair price, especially considering it is a low run product and is for a marine application. Hop onto TO and search for SpeedSet and you will find it.

If you are looking to save a little money and prefer a traditional bow vs the pickle fork, look at the Tige 22Ve. I have read several times that they are the same wetted surface, but they tend to be a bit less expensive.

We just picked up a 2007 22Ve last year and agree with comments above. The tower does wobble a bit, but still provides a very solid pull. It is not a crappy tower, just wobbly compared to the newer towers. I am not a fan of the board racks from that era, but they serve a purpose. I heard alot of issues with the bimini, but have had no issues. We had a 2013 Tige Z1 and thought that bimini was more a PIA than the 2007. The vinyl all in all seems to have held up well, like mentioned above, it is starting to stretch at the seams, but I felt that to be expected. If you do find a tige in this era, also look at the Nautic Laugic GPS upgrade for your speed control. Simple install and eliminates paddle wheel issues.

I also feel that $45K seems steep for this. I would think high 30s/low 40s tops.

Good luck