Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       03-20-2018, 6:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dswitz View Post
Not sure what the trailer is composed of on the Moomba I'm looking at. I know it is Boatmate single axle painted trailer that is painted to match the boat. The boat will be launched in a fresh water lake a few times a year but will predominantly be used in brackish water on the river delta here in lower Alabama.
That sounds like a not galvanized . Again if keeping the boat for a long time and launching every weekend , this is a mistake, take some of your savings and upgrade or seek another deal though yours sounds nice. And if you can do two wheel with or without brakes , they are much easier in the long run to use, move by hand, or maintenance . So a two wheel galvsnized won’t be as much especially non painted. But if I ordered one it probably would be tandom. We start putting things like 500 lbs of lead in these things plus full fuel so I’m thinking two wheel not as good on your tow to the lake. Small drive to local launch no big deal

I could have negotiated fir a two wheel non galvanized real cheAp or nothing if I would have negotiated hard like you did . I spent $5000.00 dollars to get mine as a tandem painted galvanized. They in essence got me back in negotiations. But if you think, a beautiful black painted tandem with aluminum mags , galvsnized with 4 stainless disc brakes and “lifetime” hubs is worth the upgrade. Mine is so pretty it gets wiped down completely wheels, frame and fenders and steps each dunk at launch.

Joe at Abita keeps the cost down by not painting them (they seem to be swirl polished though ) and often puts grey panels in his gelcoat orders which coordinates with trailer

Last edited by granddaddy53; 03-20-2018 at 6:13 AM.