Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-25-2014, 1:49 PM Reply   
I'm trying to learn to ride switch so I can be better overall but muscle memory takes over and I still try to control with my right foot (regular).
Is there any balance boards or other things I can use to try to help practice at home.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-25-2014, 2:35 PM Reply   
I use my old broadcast on a indio cusion
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-25-2014, 2:38 PM Reply   
just keep doing it behind the boat, eventually you will get it down.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-25-2014, 2:42 PM Reply   
I used to barely be able to ride switch at all wakeboarding and definitely couldn't get up switch wakeboarding or wakesurfing. I got a 5" piece of PVC pipe, filled it with expanding foam to stiffen it up and use a skateboard deck with the wheels (not the trucks) taken off of it. It works well for learning that muscle memory. Hitting the gym and working your legs evenly also helps to build up your support muscles which are your active muscles while switch.
I can now get up switch wakesurfing and ride, but haven't got to freeriding switch yet.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-25-2014, 5:14 PM Reply   
I have an old beater salt water board, I could get one of those back rollers and put it under it. That and look for a cheap skate board.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-25-2014, 5:34 PM Reply   
To me riding switch on a surfboard was easier than riding switch on a wakeboard. I just concentrate on standing even footed and shift my hips slowly towards the boat to go faster or away from the boat to slow down. Riding switch heel side and carving were much more difficult to learn.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-26-2014, 9:50 PM Reply   
You have to just keep doing it.
Skateboarding switch can help, but nothing helps more than doing the real thing.