Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tranner)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-14-2019, 12:18 PM Reply   
I was only there for a short time on Sunday but saw the following:

Nautique – I already have one so I didn’t spend any time there.

Malibu/Axis – Tilly’s seemed to have the most boats there. I think they had one of each Bu and Axis models. They even had the new 25 LSV. I really like the look of that new boat, but 25’ is just too much boat for me.

Supra/Moomba – This was a surprise to me because I didn’t know that a new dealer is coming to the Norco, CA area. I saw the SL and SA in person for the first time and liked what I saw. I personally liked the new dash and steering control design and would own either a Supra or Malibu if I didn’t have my Nautique.

Pavatti – They were located directly across from Supra/Moomba and had a 24 and 26 footer displayed. I know absolutely nothing about this boat except that it is aluminum and costs a ton of money. They can do interesting things with metal versus fiberglass such as drawers that slide out similar to a drawer on a tool box. Seeing it in person, all that I can say is that it isn’t for me, but there were a TON of people hanging surrounding it and checking it out so there must be a draw for some.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-14-2019, 1:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranner View Post
I was only there for a short time on Sunday but saw the following:

Nautique – I already have one so I didn’t spend any time there.

Malibu/Axis – Tilly’s seemed to have the most boats there. I think they had one of each Bu and Axis models. They even had the new 25 LSV. I really like the look of that new boat, but 25’ is just too much boat for me.

Supra/Moomba – This was a surprise to me because I didn’t know that a new dealer is coming to the Norco, CA area. I saw the SL and SA in person for the first time and liked what I saw. I personally liked the new dash and steering control design and would own either a Supra or Malibu if I didn’t have my Nautique.

Pavatti – They were located directly across from Supra/Moomba and had a 24 and 26 footer displayed. I know absolutely nothing about this boat except that it is aluminum and costs a ton of money. They can do interesting things with metal versus fiberglass such as drawers that slide out similar to a drawer on a tool box. Seeing it in person, all that I can say is that it isn’t for me, but there were a TON of people hanging surrounding it and checking it out so there must be a draw for some.
Never rode a Pavatii, but have heard the wave off the 26 is out of this world good.
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-14-2019, 6:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
Never rode a Pavatii, but have heard the wave off the 26 is out of this world good.

It better be, for the god damn price!!!
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       01-14-2019, 7:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
It better be, for the god damn price!!!

I have seen a lot of videos and each one has had a wave that looks a lot like a dumpster fire. I would like to see something superior.

There is NO existing tech, no hull design aspect, nothing that could make a Pavati wave better than its competition (Zx5, SE, Ri257)—other than SIGNIFICANTLY more ballast which it does not have.

Strong opinion coming: Pavati makes zero sense for the cost. Very low production numbers, nearly custom components. I could see it being like owning a rare Lambo or something. A potential maintenance nightmare.

It’s the kind of thing you buy because you have more money than brains.

Ok, sorry if you’re a Pavati man.

“But, it’s an aluminum hull! It lasts FOREVER!”

Do we have a problem with fiberglass not lasting long enough?
Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-15-2019, 3:01 AM Reply   
My brother was all set on getting a Pavati. Flew out for a test drive. They couldn't get a good surf wave, had cavitation issues and "smelled like oil." So he passed on it and got a G23 and has been happy ever since. His buddy, ended up getting a Pavati and had all sorts of problems.

Anywho...the Pavati is probably a great boat for those who want to spend a lot on something without a good support network and probably does not work as well as the current crop of flagship boats.

Just the cost of being a baller and needing to have something different than all the other basic people with a pimped out G23
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-15-2019, 4:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
I have seen a lot of videos and each one has had a wave that looks a lot like a dumpster fire. I would like to see something superior.

There is NO existing tech, no hull design aspect, nothing that could make a Pavati wave better than its competition (Zx5, SE, Ri257)—other than SIGNIFICANTLY more ballast which it does not have.

Strong opinion coming: Pavati makes zero sense for the cost. Very low production numbers, nearly custom components. I could see it being like owning a rare Lambo or something. A potential maintenance nightmare.

Agreed!!
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       01-15-2019, 6:15 AM Reply   
x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post