Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-25-2015, 12:37 PM Reply   
Tag is an emotionally stressing game? What are they going to do when they grow up and have a boss? http://www.island985.com/articles/we...otect-13975237
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-25-2015, 12:52 PM Reply   
Well that's ridiculous
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-25-2015, 3:04 PM Reply   
oh my, how ridiculous. But... I work with several people that have kids in that actual school district. I'll be sure to assault their fragile motions Monday in the office about this.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-25-2015, 9:12 PM Reply   
More than likely, the decision was largely based on a concern of being sued for emotional distress or physical injury. Maybe a result of a country with too many opportunistic lawyers and a sue happy public.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-30-2015, 8:57 AM Reply   
We've become a nation of P***ies.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-30-2015, 7:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
We've become a nation of P***ies.

This actually makes me more happy than upset. If something ever happens and society collapses, it will be far easier to weed out the weak. Survival of the fittest will reign supreme.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-30-2015, 7:35 PM Reply   
Lol that's a one way to look at it
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-30-2015, 11:25 PM Reply   
And I thought California was liberal...
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       10-01-2015, 6:01 PM Reply   
Mercer island is a snobby wealthy area outside Seattle on Lake Washingon. Bill Gates main home is there if that gives you an idea. My wife works for another school district in the area and the rumor is some rich guys fat kid got teased and always tagged. The family complained thier kid was being bullied because he was to slow to tag anyone.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-01-2015, 9:35 PM Reply   
Gates house is in Medina not Mercer Island.

The parents I know with kids in school on Mercer Island are all saying that tag has been allowed again. And they think the whole thing is beyond ridiculous.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-02-2015, 10:30 AM Reply   
The wussification of America. Maybe we could teach kids two things: 1) You don't always win 2) If you do win, you don't have to be a jerk. What happened to sportsmanship?
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-02-2015, 11:52 AM Reply   
^ these two points are equally a big deal. I think in the heat of everyone talking about your first point, we forget about the second point. You don't have to be a jerk, treat others like you would like to be treated should still exist.

Although, if this was all a ploy to get families active in he education process/school board discussion that would be neat. I highly doubt it, but I bet they got some parents to come voice their opinions!!!
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-02-2015, 12:52 PM Reply   
I recently learned that "Tag" is banned from my son's school with similar reasoning. My recent volunteer experience in his 2nd grade class was a huge let down on so many levels.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       10-02-2015, 12:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic View Post
Gates house is in Medina not Mercer Island.

The parents I know with kids in school on Mercer Island are all saying that tag has been allowed again. And they think the whole thing is beyond ridiculous.
You're right, it is Medina. Don't know what I was thinking.