Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (Randy99)      Join Date: Jul 2016       06-27-2019, 7:11 AM Reply   
Hey All,

Looking for a third, fourth, fifth, whatever. Delaware river between Trenton and Burlington (can go further south if needed) weekend mornings, and a few weeknights mixed in as well.

I lost my whole crew due to other family commitments and such, then lost a season to an injury, so I'm just getting back in to it this year. Currently riding behind an I/O with tower, ballast, and steep prop. Wake is crisp, boat holds a very consistent speed once weighted. The boat is now 5 years old and I've owned it since new. It's reliable, clean, and you don;t have worry about being stranded on a piece of junk. I'm an average at best rider (wake to wake heel and toe, some grabs, and surface tricks). Just looking to have fun.

I've collected a variety of boards over the past few seasons due to trying different things for the old crew, so your own equipment isn't necessary if you don't have. What I am looking for is someone who wants to drive, and ride, and just have fun.

Let me know!
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       07-09-2019, 10:59 PM Reply   
Sent you a text at your new number, you're welcome with us any time. Usually Sunday mornings. Would be nice to have a reliable crew to do some week nights if anyone comes out of the woodwork. Last year sucked, hardly got out with rain every weekend.
Old     (WakeJim)      Join Date: Aug 2019       08-30-2019, 7:53 AM Reply   
Whats up guys. I also ride out of the Florence boat ramp once in awhile. I used to ride alot but over the years lost the people and time not to mention back problems as I am getting older. I rode once before with cadunkle years ago. I am a very basic rider with a 1999 Tige direct drive with perfect pass and an okay wake. It's an older boat but it gets the job done. I have been out just twice last year and this year. It's a stretch right now but I may try to drop in next friday afternoon if either one of you are interested.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       09-03-2019, 2:02 AM Reply   
I'm in for Friday if the weather is good. As it stands it may rain but more concerning is the wind depending on the course of that hurricane. I'll probably try to get something together for Sunday AM too. Wind should be calmed down by then.

I'll send you a PM...
Old     (WakeJim)      Join Date: Aug 2019       09-06-2019, 1:41 PM Reply   
The weather didn't quite cooperate today so I'm shooting for next Friday Sept 13
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       09-07-2019, 9:49 AM Reply   
Headed out tomorrow, Sunday 8AM at Florence, if anyone else within the Philly area wants to join. Kind of a last minute thing for tomorrow. We usually do Sunday mornings though.

Jim I'm in for next Friday or most any Friday. I have a suit and am good to ride until it gets to freezing overnight. We're getting into prime season now so far as weekend clowns now that kids are back to school, but it gets hard to find a crew when it's the 50s or less in the morning. I do have a heater on my boat and a heated driver seat.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       10-16-2019, 4:14 AM Reply   
I have not been here in a while. I saw the title and had to look. Hey Jim see your still at it. I still have my boat and we went out a few times after your post. I have my boat getting winterized now. Maybe next year we can go out!
Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-16-2019, 6:01 AM Reply   
I'd be down to ride that stretch with anyone who needs a third (next season).
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       10-19-2019, 9:40 AM Reply   
George, if you want to get out again this season I haven't winterized yet, I normally wait until the night it's scheduled to get below freezing and am out in the cold and dark getting it done. Heated driver seat and a heater with two tubes and outlet under the dash. I'm good for any weekend morning between now and freezing. I'd like to get out at least once more, the river is still relatively warm at low 60s.

Also, not sure if you have a street legal dual sport to ride trails in NJ but I've been getting out most weekends on my XL600 riding in Wharton. You do some sick MX racing but I don't think my old junk could keep up with that! There was a big enduro event last weekend in Wharton, pretty cool.
Old     (denho)      Join Date: Oct 2019       11-05-2019, 1:58 PM Reply   
Hi All,

I am a newbie. Living near Sesame Place in PA. I used to kiteboard a lot when living on the island but in NJ the weather is not so accommodating for that. I did cable park couple of times so I know how to ride a board (hehe). I would like to join a crew willing to clean the boat, share the gas and do whatever. If somebody wants a crew member please do let me know!

Cheers
Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-25-2020, 12:17 AM Reply   
Hopefully in another month we'll have a better idea of when we all can get wet on the river. Being cooped up with social distancing has me looking forward to riding even more this year. See ya'll when the weather warms up.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-29-2020, 10:39 PM Reply   
Ahh, this is like reunion on here! (not to hijack your thread Randy99)
What's up Paul, Jim, George!! How have you guys been?
Ok, we need to get out after we get past this social isolation thing......so some weekend early am I'll grab my X23 and bring her to the river. (yep, got a new to me '18 X23 that I have not even splashed yet and it's killing me!)
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-29-2020, 10:42 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=njskier;1997072]Ahh, this is like reunion on here! (not to hijack your thread Randy99)
What's up Paul, Jim, Cory, George!! How have you guys been?
Ok, we need to get out after we get past this social isolation thing......so some weekend early am I'll grab my X23 and bring her to the river. (yep, got a new to me '18 X23 that I have not even splashed yet and it's killing me!)[/QUOTE

Hope to see you guys this season! Good to see your still on this site once in a while, it's been years for me.

Last edited by njskier; 04-29-2020 at 10:46 PM.
Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-30-2020, 12:29 AM Reply   
Congrats on the new boat Dave. Its been awhile. I'd love to check out that X23 wake.

Hopefully this season we get enough rain to avoid drought but not too much that the river is unrideable every weekend like it seems like its been the past 2 years
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       05-29-2020, 2:00 PM Reply   
Hey Dave. Hit me up looking to get out once the water is warm. Looking to keep busy and active .
Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-30-2020, 12:09 PM Reply   
Anyone on the Delaware have a wake foil? I’m really itching to try one of those before dropping the cash on one. They look like my Long term activity on the boat
Old     (denho)      Join Date: Oct 2019       07-08-2020, 1:54 AM Reply   
What's happening? Did anyone get into a water yet?

Or everyone is **** scared of covid?