Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 7:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
I'll have to hand it to Delta. He has the unique ability to consistently rationalize the opposite of reality without breaking a sweat.
You want to go back and revisit the tapes of the talk show hosts such as Bill Maher and others? Their words not mine. They are your like minded brothers. You should talk to them about these statements.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 7:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesstalkmoreride View Post
I do this for sport. .

You really are not good at it. We have been going at each other for a decade on this board. There is nothing you can say that has not been said. It will get addressed (again) and that is the nature of this overall discussion.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-12-2020, 7:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Apparently you must feel like you have a lot to live for. You are the living panic button. My health is just fine. I don't do drugs. You apparently do.

I am sure that every little town in Korea is offering drive through testing. A few places in Korea offer a version of drive through testing and suddenly it is the whole country. Then you say 60,000 people have been tested there. So which is it, they have this big drive by testing that has tested 60,000 in WEEKS or they are not very effective either. Smaller country, less people and they hav been at it for weeks. They are just so far ahead.. I have a bridge to sell you on this one. Do you even know if their test is accurate? Are the testing active virus or antibodies?

Sounds like you are really panicing. Run down and get tested. Oh, thats right. The response if if you are feeling symptoms is to stay home and call your doctor if you are feeling worse. Running down to the doctor only exposes everyone else unneccessarily when 80% of the cases are mild.
Dude, S.Korea has tested over 200,000, ITALY has tested 60K. Its on the chart. I am consistent 100%. Just read the chart.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-12-2020, 8:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
You really are not good at it. We have been going at each other for a decade on this board. There is nothing you can say that has not been said. It will get addressed (again) and that is the nature of this overall discussion.
Ok, boomer.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-12-2020, 8:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Quit making this a political issue, and then.
That’s a joke right? It’s YOU and other libtards who’ve made it political from the beginning! It’s all about trying to attack Der Fuehrer for “gutting” the CDC etc etc. go read your own posts from the last 48 hours!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-12-2020, 8:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Ok, boomer.
You’re about as original as one of your neck tattoos.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-12-2020, 8:20 AM Reply   
Mark, are you positing that Hair Furrer did not gut the CDC?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-12-2020, 9:32 AM Reply   
What are chances of Florida, Illinois, Arizona and Ohio cancelling primaries next week?

Am I chicken littling this?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-12-2020, 9:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Mark, are you positing that Hair Furrer did not gut the CDC?
Not saying that. Like most fed agencies, they need a healthy trimming.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-12-2020, 9:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
What are chances of Florida, Illinois, Arizona and Ohio cancelling primaries next week?

What difference does it make? Honestly, Trump will get another 4 years. Any primary is nothing more than a show. The dems truly need to rebuild from the top down and bottom up. You’re all so out of touch with the public. I’m sure it’s due to too much smelling of your own farts. You guys actually believe the crap you’ve been peddling. The public is tired of your side pissing on our legs and telling us it’s raining. People are fed up with your alphabet-type people being the tail that wags the dog. You guys have done permanent damage to yourselves by being so “open minded and inclusive.” That BS has had the curtain pulled back on it and the public has seen your true colors. That is why you can’t win an election now. All I can say is thanks! Much appreciated.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-12-2020, 10:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Are you really qualified to say they needed healthy trimming? In your expert opinion, why cut during a pandemic? I believe trump did it because Obama was behind it. Littleman syndrome.
From Feb. 11, 2020.
Cuts Come During Global Health Fears

The proposed budget cuts come as health officials and medical experts urge greater funding and cooperation to deal with emerging threats to global health, such as the recent coronavirus outbreak. Although international health authorities have rapidly mobilized to mitigate the damage from the Covid-19 outbreak, experts warn that pandemics and infectious disease outbreaks are a growing threat. They argue the only way to address these future diseases is through international cooperation rather than implementing nativist policies and turning away from global health.
“We can’t build a border wall that will prevent microbes from getting in. They’re going to travel the world as they always have,” said Dr. Stephen Morse, a professor of epidemiology at Columbia Medical University and leading expert on emerging diseases. “We’re going to be living with this reality, and it’s only proof that we can’t isolate ourselves.”
Trump has been largely silent and vaguely dismissive of the virus.
“It will all work out well,” Trump tweeted in January, one of only a few mentions of the virus. Trump claimed on Monday that “a lot of people think” the virus “goes away in April with the heat,” and assured “we’re in great shape.”
But the extent to which the coronavirus outbreak will “work out” has very little to do with Trump, whose administration has made numerous attempts to slash health programs each year in office and forced out top experts in preparing for pandemics.
We can’t build a border wall that will prevent microbes from getting in.
Dr. Stephen Morse, professor of epidemiology
The White House has repeatedly tried to implement deep budget cuts to global health programs in the past, including those that specifically targeted programs on emerging and infectious diseases such as Ebola and coronaviruses. The Trump administration attempted to cut $2.5 billion overall for the 2020 fiscal year from the State Department and USAID’s global health programs, as well as $50 million from pandemic preparedness operations. These programs carry out a wide range of activities from research and monitoring of emerging diseases to immunization.
Trump’s apparent disengagement contrasts with his fervent criticism of the Obama administration’s handling of the 2014 Ebola outbreak, when he groundlessly accused Obama of not doing enough to prevent the virus from spreading to the United States and spouted conspiracy theories about the virus on Fox News. But as president, Trump worked to eliminate the emergency funds that Obama implemented for combating Ebola along with his other proposed cuts.

Over a month later he still doesnt understand it. He isnt even following his own protocol to self quarantine after exposure. His stupidity is catching up to him. Does Vegas have odds on the grifter getting corona19? hes old, iffy health...Stone cold lock.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 10:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Ok, boomer.
Awe....did the internet tell you that was an insult? Bless your heart.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 10:26 AM Reply   
Quote:

Depends. The main democrat talking heads have been on the airwaves all week saying they need to shut down the primaries because Joe has already won and they need to keep Sanders (or Joe) from damaging Biden.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 10:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Are you really qualified to say they needed healthy trimming? In your expert opinion, why cut during a pandemic? I believe trump did it because Obama was behind it. Littleman syndrome.
From Feb. 11, 2020.
Cuts Come During Global Health Fears

The proposed budget cuts come as health officials and medical experts urge greater funding and cooperation to deal with emerging threats to global health, such as the recent coronavirus outbreak. Although international health authorities have rapidly mobilized to mitigate the damage from the Covid-19 outbreak, experts warn that pandemics and infectious disease outbreaks are a growing threat. They argue the only way to address these future diseases is through international cooperation rather than implementing nativist policies and turning away from global health.
“We can’t build a border wall that will prevent microbes from getting in. They’re going to travel the world as they always have,” said Dr. Stephen Morse, a professor of epidemiology at Columbia Medical University and leading expert on emerging diseases. “We’re going to be living with this reality, and it’s only proof that we can’t isolate ourselves.”
Trump has been largely silent and vaguely dismissive of the virus.
“It will all work out well,” Trump tweeted in January, one of only a few mentions of the virus. Trump claimed on Monday that “a lot of people think” the virus “goes away in April with the heat,” and assured “we’re in great shape.”
But the extent to which the coronavirus outbreak will “work out” has very little to do with Trump, whose administration has made numerous attempts to slash health programs each year in office and forced out top experts in preparing for pandemics.
We can’t build a border wall that will prevent microbes from getting in.
Dr. Stephen Morse, professor of epidemiology
The White House has repeatedly tried to implement deep budget cuts to global health programs in the past, including those that specifically targeted programs on emerging and infectious diseases such as Ebola and coronaviruses. The Trump administration attempted to cut $2.5 billion overall for the 2020 fiscal year from the State Department and USAID’s global health programs, as well as $50 million from pandemic preparedness operations. These programs carry out a wide range of activities from research and monitoring of emerging diseases to immunization.
Trump’s apparent disengagement contrasts with his fervent criticism of the Obama administration’s handling of the 2014 Ebola outbreak, when he groundlessly accused Obama of not doing enough to prevent the virus from spreading to the United States and spouted conspiracy theories about the virus on Fox News. But as president, Trump worked to eliminate the emergency funds that Obama implemented for combating Ebola along with his other proposed cuts.

Over a month later he still doesnt understand it. He isnt even following his own protocol to self quarantine after exposure. His stupidity is catching up to him. Does Vegas have odds on the grifter getting corona19? hes old, iffy health...Stone cold lock.
Ah... more panic

I see the word PROPOSED - yea... so....

AIDS - nothing to do with pandemics

Border walls - has nothing to do with viruses so why is a doctor commenting on that in relationships to medicine

Emergency funds that Obama implemented. And so..... They just appropriated over $8 billion in funds. what is your point except to panic.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 10:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Show me 1 expert that agrees with you.
Show me one expert that says to spend a Trillion dollars to test every single person. You are so full of chit
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 10:50 AM Reply   
So why did Pelosi try and create a $1 billion ABORTION slush fund from the Corona Virus funding?

MSNBC's Joy Reid hits Dems for including abortion in emergency spending bill: 'What does that have to do with COVID-19?'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-...on-coronavirus

"One was a mandate for up to $1 billion to reimburse laboratory claims, which White House officials say would set a precedent of health spending without protections outlined in the Hyde Amendment," Daily Caller senior White House correspondent Christian Datoc reported.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-12-2020, 10:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Pop quiz, who said this: ""There's not enough equipment, there's not enough people, there's not enough internal capacity.""The truth is... we've underinvested in the public health labs."

Answer: Robert R. Redfield, Director of the CDC
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-12-2020, 11:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Border walls - has nothing to do with viruses so why is a doctor commenting on that in relationships to medicine
Trump said the wall would keep the virus out. I know, assinine.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-12-2020, 11:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Show me one expert that says to spend a Trillion dollars to test every single person. You are so full of chit
Hmmm let's characterize what we are talking about.

The market has probably lost over $10T (rough guess based on previous quoted losses) on uncertainty about the virus. Not knowing much about the virus in the population creates uncertainty.

Ask yourself can important data be acquired by testing not everyone, but a significant quantity of the population who are experiencing flu/cold symptoms, even if they are weak?

Ask yourself you really need to spend $3000 per test ($1T over 350 million people) if you did the whole population?

Ask yourself the cost outside the market due to uncertainly.

I'm kind of thinking that testing say 10% of 350M (maybe those with some symptom or complaint) at cost of $500 / person (cost of all logistics involved) would be $15B. The point isn't that it would cost $15B, but using reason to find the specific details of cost/quantity to get concrete data is going to be worth it.

Maybe only 10M people need testing @ $150/person. That would be $1.5B.

Credibility of your information is the most important asset you have in a crisis of uncertainty.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-12-2020, 11:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
He also said a few weeks ago when there were 10 cases that very soon the numbers would be zero and it wasn't going to be a big problem and would just go away by itself. And the Democrats criticism of him not taking it seriously was a hoax.

On the plus side he has said many many many times that the stock market performance is all to do with him, so lets check how that is going.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-12-2020, 11:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
https://apnews.com/76b0f255426ad655a26e927062e1fef9
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/03/h...tests-fda.html
https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/03...rrier-we-face/

Let me know when you want me to stop.
Show me one expert that says we are testing too much.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-12-2020, 11:14 AM Reply   
I think Rod believed Drumpf when he said the cases would soon be zero. I mean it's 85 today in Austin, so that means the virus is dying right?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-12-2020, 11:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Speaking at a coronavirus roundtable in Detroit Monday alongside Sen. Bernie Sanders and public health experts, registered nurse Deborah Burger forcefully shot down a question on how the United States can afford to make any COVID-19 vaccine free for everyone in the country, noting that no one asks that question of other vaccines or America's endless wars overseas.
Burger, president of National Nurses United (NNU), pointed out that "nobody asked how you pay for" the Polio vaccine "because what they saw were children in iron longs that were going to be damaged forever."
"How insane and cruel is it," Burger continued, "to suggest that we have to figure out how to pay for it when we can actually go to war and not ask one question, but to prevent this kind of a disease, we have to say, 'How can we pay for it?'"

"Do I approve of [the U.S. government] spending a few cents for a vaccine rather than seeing people die or spending thousands of dollars on hospital care? Yeah, I kinda think it makes a little bit more sense to invest a few cents in a vaccine,"

Those tax cuts to billionaires look pretty bad now. Remind me, how much is the defense budget?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-12-2020, 11:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ty/5032970002/

Just let me know when you have enough. Then show me the expert that agrees with you.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-12-2020, 11:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Depends. The main democrat talking heads have been on the airwaves all week saying they need to shut down the primaries because Joe has already won and they need to keep Sanders (or Joe) from damaging Biden.

When they have said that it has been in the context of Bernie conceding (so shut down the contested phase and move to the general). I haven’t heard anyone suggest that the primaries just be called off. I have heard the talking heads on Fox try to take those statements out of context to say that that’s what the dems meant, but I don’t think so.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-12-2020, 11:55 AM Reply   
Quote:

Credibility of your information is the most important asset you have in a crisis of uncertainty.
I left out more importantly the value of the information to protect the public health. When's the last time the Pentagon spent $1.5B that provided that much protection for the public?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 12:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
It will keep people with undocumented viruses out, however a doctor has no business commenting on it.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-12-2020, 12:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
It will keep people with undocumented viruses out, however a doctor has no business commenting on it.
But you do?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 12:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ty/5032970002/

Just let me know when you have enough. Then show me the expert that agrees with you.
That does not agree with you. They are not going to spend over a trillion dollars and give it to doctors and hospitals to test every single person.

Ok panic boy. Why do you think you need a test? You have symptoms or you just worried? Panic setting in?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 12:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
But you do?
I am not an official that is being quoted as an expert in the field. He is. This is a discussion board. Engage in the discussion or not.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 12:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
When they have said that it has been in the context of Bernie conceding (so shut down the contested phase and move to the general). I haven’t heard anyone suggest that the primaries just be called off. I have heard the talking heads on Fox try to take those statements out of context to say that that’s what the dems meant, but I don’t think so.
I have heard James Carville's full discussion on it and the other democrat congress critter talk about it No out of context to it. They literally said that Bernie can not win. DNC should shut it down because they do not want a repeat of Dukakis vs Gore I believe they said. Granted they are not everyone, but they are 2 loud party voices. Why do you think they pulled Carville out of the trash heap. Put him out there to say the things they don't want to say right now.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-12-2020, 12:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
That does not agree with you. They are not going to spend over a trillion dollars and give it to doctors and hospitals to test every single person.

Ok panic boy. Why do you think you need a test? You have symptoms or you just worried? Panic setting in?
You still having trouble finding one single person that agrees with your assinine point?
You havnt stated a thing.
You empty?
Ive never said I need to be tested. Ive been working from home for weeks. My point since late Feb (look it up bitch, I havnt waivered) is the country needs to be testing as many as possible to determine where the virus is, where/who to quarantine. They have fallen behind the curve. That is why he gets so much criticism. Virus is here, horse out of the barn. Trump not following his own virus protocol, he wont self quarantine. Are the doctors on tv panicking? The CDC? They are all saying the same thing I am. Im not panicking but I understand logistics and the grifter is ****ing up.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 12:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Speaking at a coronavirus roundtable in Detroit Monday alongside Sen. Bernie Sanders and public health experts, registered nurse Deborah Burger forcefully shot down a question on how the United States can afford to make any COVID-19 vaccine free for everyone in the country, noting that no one asks that question of other vaccines or America's endless wars overseas.
Burger, president of National Nurses United (NNU), pointed out that "nobody asked how you pay for" the Polio vaccine "because what they saw were children in iron longs that were going to be damaged forever."
"How insane and cruel is it," Burger continued, "to suggest that we have to figure out how to pay for it when we can actually go to war and not ask one question, but to prevent this kind of a disease, we have to say, 'How can we pay for it?'"

"Do I approve of [the U.S. government] spending a few cents for a vaccine rather than seeing people die or spending thousands of dollars on hospital care? Yeah, I kinda think it makes a little bit more sense to invest a few cents in a vaccine,"

Those tax cuts to billionaires look pretty bad now. Remind me, how much is the defense budget?
You do know billionaires don't make billions on income right? Guy pulls in $10 million a year, how long do you think it take him to get to a billion? You are trying to argue and you don't even know tax policy.

Sounds like you are quoting someones emotional nonsense again. Right into the play book. Look at what they are doing to the chitchrin. Emotional response after emotional response from you. always.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-12-2020, 12:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Why do you think they pulled Carville out of the trash heap.
Ohh Jeez, I thought you were referring to people who actually have clout in the process. Carville's comments are as binding on the dems as Karl Rove's or Rick Santorum's are on the republicans, which is to say not at all.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 12:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Testing too much is not the question. You want everyone tested. We have 300 million people. Do the math.

If not everyone, then how many, when, where and why? You can quote all sorts of people all you want. They have different opinions. Wife's friend is a ER doctor. He is wondering why everyone is freaking out. He says it is the flu. He is on the front lines and in the know. I am sure his opinion does not match others. However I just found a medical professional that does not share the concern the others do.

So, we are obviously somewhere in between. Who do you drag in for testing. I sure as heck not going down for testing. for what? You doing down to be tested? Head on down. They will ask you if you have such and such symptom and they will kick your a$$ out the door if you don't. I don't think you are capable of rational thought, but maybe we have not performed that many tests because, well.....I don't know. We don't need to. Ever thought about that?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-12-2020, 12:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
You do know billionaires don't make billions on income right? Guy pulls in $10 million a year, how long do you think it take him to get to a billion? You are trying to argue and you don't even know tax policy.

Sounds like you are quoting someones emotional nonsense again. Right into the play book. Look at what they are doing to the chitchrin. Emotional response after emotional response from you. always.
The point was he gave tax cuts (money govt cant use on virus) to those who didnt need it. Then he cut virus funding. Based on your thoughts its too expensive to test and spend to find a cure. Thats money wasted. The stock market lost $11.5 T. Thats all the gains since trump took office in 2016. Seems if you spent some $ on prevention may have saved a few trillion or so. Grifter is shortsighted, just like you. Whats he gonna run on now The Perfect Economy?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 12:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Ohh Jeez, I thought you were referring to people who actually have clout in the process. Carville's comments are as binding on the dems as Karl Rove's or Rick Santorum's are on the republicans, which is to say not at all.
No. Just a congress guy who may have some clout. Carville.... He came out of the woodwork when Bernie won your state. He was on all the show cheerleading basically saying that the democrat party going socialist is a bad mistake, yada, yada. I think they are bring out the Clinton mouth pieces to get people out to vote down Bernie.

Make no mistake though. Carville is not out there on his own. He was brought out of retirement for a reason. It is all about the messaging. You don't have any relevant "moderates" on the airwaves. They are pretty much progressive mouth pieces these days.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-12-2020, 12:36 PM Reply   
Our dear leader's stiff, dead eyed speech on the brink of market meltdown was that of someone stunned by the viral tsunami approaching his rickety, untalented administration. After his 3-year honeymoon holding court over his handpicked sycophants and adoring fans at red state rallies, a terrifying reality is creeping in and deflating Hair Furrer's narcissistic self image in a way that not even his impressive volume of self-congratulation can rebuff. All the lies in the world may no longer save this hollow man's chances in November.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 12:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
The point was he gave tax cuts (money govt cant use on virus) to those who didnt need it. Then he cut virus funding. Based on your thoughts its too expensive to test and spend to find a cure. Thats money wasted. The stock market lost $11.5 T. Thats all the gains since trump took office in 2016. Seems if you spent some $ on prevention may have saved a few trillion or so. Grifter is shortsighted, just like you. Whats he gonna run on now The Perfect Economy?
How the heck do you spend money on a virus that has not even been in the ecology of the world to that point?

They just put out $8 billion to work the issue. They will not find a cure during this outbreak. Just like MERS, SARS and the rest. They will get it after and it will mitigate it in the future.

Yes. The stock market lost money. So what. All those people are also going to want to make that money back. It is all a pyramid scheme anyway. You see just how much it is all worth when there are unfavorable conditions. Gone in an instant. Trump out in policies that are favorable to business investment. He is trying to get Jobs back to America. People recognize that. A virus has not changed the perception of that. Trying to fool people that Trump cause a virus just like they tried to say that Bush cause Katrina is just going to piss regular people off.

So why was Nancy Pelosi trying to add $1 billion to abortion slush funds while people in the world are dying?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 12:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Our dear leader's stiff, dead eyed speech on the brink of market meltdown was that of someone stunned by the viral tsunami approaching his rickety, untalented administration. After his 3-year honeymoon holding court over his handpicked sycophants and adoring fans at red state rallies, a terrifying reality is creeping in and deflating Hair Furrer's narcissistic self image in a way that not even his impressive volume of self-congratulation can rebuff. All the lies in the world may no longer save this hollow man's chances in November.
Awe....bless your heart too. Democrats are the rich ones vested in stocks.. The rest of us work for a living. I think he will be just fine.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-12-2020, 12:42 PM Reply   
Lol this is one of the stupidest cluster of sentences you've ever thrown together, and of late that's saying a lot. If only viruses could be tweeted away, we'd be golden.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 12:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
You still having trouble finding one single person that agrees with your assinine point?
You havnt stated a thing.
You empty?
Ive never said I need to be tested. Ive been working from home for weeks. My point since late Feb (look it up bitch, I havnt waivered) is the country needs to be testing as many as possible to determine where the virus is, where/who to quarantine. They have fallen behind the curve. That is why he gets so much criticism. Virus is here, horse out of the barn. Trump not following his own virus protocol, he wont self quarantine. Are the doctors on tv panicking? The CDC? They are all saying the same thing I am. Im not panicking but I understand logistics and the grifter is ****ing up.
As much as you are into fascism, don't worry. Marshal Law will be in LA in a couple weeks? You may get your wish. Heard a cool rumor about it. You will get tested then. ha.. Actually not. You will be told to stay home or be shot if that happens. You still will not be tested. No point in forced testing. Better results in forced staying at home. That is how that is going to work. Keep panicing...

Other than that, I am not going down anywhere unless I am symptomatic. Even then, what is the point? If I am sick, I will stay home. If I get bad, then I go down which is how they want us to deal with it.

You can write it down. The government can only take your rights or throw money at a problem. They can not create a solution except if the solution taking your rights. Have fun in lock down.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 12:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Lol this is one of the stupidest cluster of sentences you've ever thrown together, and of late that's saying a lot. If only viruses could be tweeted away, we'd be golden.
Only if a single person was actually responsible for a virus. Pretty sure people are not that stupid.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 12:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
So why was Nancy Pelosi trying to add $1 billion to abortion slush funds while people in the world are dying?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-12-2020, 12:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Either you are a dumbass or just plain too lazy to read.

https://www.salon.com/2020/03/12/gop...-for-abortion/
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 1:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Either you are a dumbass or just plain too lazy to read.

https://www.salon.com/2020/03/12/gop...-for-abortion/
From your article:

"A new mandatory funding stream that does not have Hyde protections would be unprecedented," a White House official told the outlet. "Under the guise of protecting people, Speaker Pelosi is working to make sure taxpayer dollars are spent covering abortion — which is not only backwards, but goes against historical norms."

The quotes from the pro abortion group are laughable because they literally where debating about the $1 billion fund that could be used for abortion funding. Even a MSNBC talking head was upset about this. She was asking why anything about abortion was being tied to Corona Virus funding.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-12-2020, 1:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
You are being pretty pedantic for a guy who keeps throwing out a $1T number just to spark outrage over the idea of testing.

We all know the govt doesn't test wealth. Billionaires make large sums of money and his comment was valid. It was only your assumption he doesn't understand taxing that was flawed.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-12-2020, 1:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
From your article:

"A new mandatory funding stream that does not have Hyde protections would be unprecedented," a White House official told the outlet. "Under the guise of protecting people, Speaker Pelosi is working to make sure taxpayer dollars are spent covering abortion — which is not only backwards, but goes against historical norms."

The quotes from the pro abortion group are laughable because they literally where debating about the $1 billion fund that could be used for abortion funding. Even a MSNBC talking head was upset about this. She was asking why anything about abortion was being tied to Corona Virus funding.
You are quoting the white house moron being quoted in the article lol - actually READ the article and you'll see that the Hyde concern was already worked out elsewhere and this was just the typical opportunity for 'pube talking heads (like the ones you clearly get your news from) to try and mislead idiots on.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 1:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
You are being pretty pedantic for a guy who keeps throwing out a $1T number just to spark outrage over the idea of testing.

We all know the govt doesn't test wealth. Billionaires make large sums of money and his comment was valid. It was only your assumption he doesn't understand taxing that was flawed.
Then why is he saying that giving tax breaks to billionaires then? Guy are not making billions in salary. I already proved that the top 1% is not paying less and the tax receipts are going up just as they always have. This whole tax breaks cut virus funding is a bull **** as you are. Next item on the democrat play book is racism. Trump did this to wipe out mexicans and blacks. Hell it is already racist to people to refer to this as the Chinese Virus or any variation that has Chinese in it. It is also racist for him to impliment the travel ban. I guess the race card is out there. Where does your playbook go again after tax breaks for wealthy and racism? I am at a loss now. I can not remember what number 3 is for you democrats. I will know it when I hear it. It must be something fascists though......

On to this testing everyone thing. You really think that a country can mobilize and drag everyone in for less than $3000 a head for testing? You have been at this bidding for projects thing before . You really think that can happen? Ok, if we assume $1000 a head for this. That is still 300 billion. By the time they got through that, the ones who were tested in the front could have been exposed by the ones in the back. What is the point? By the time testing is done you will be done with the outbreak.

So what would be the subset then? Who goes down and why do you expose them to ones who may be sick?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 1:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
You are quoting the white house moron being quoted in the article lol - actually READ the article and you'll see that the Hyde concern was already worked out elsewhere and this was just the typical opportunity for 'pube talking heads (like the ones you clearly get your news from) to try and mislead idiots on.
Wasn't Republican talking heads. It was Joy Reid of MSNBC. They are not exactly Trump people. She was the one talking about democrats and that provision. You have issue, talk to her.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 1:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
As much as you are into fascism, don't worry. Marshal Law will be in LA in a couple weeks? You may get your wish. Heard a cool rumor about it. You will get tested then. ha.. Actually not. You will be told to stay home or be shot if that happens. You still will not be tested. No point in forced testing. Better results in forced staying at home. That is how that is going to work. Keep panicing...

Other than that, I am not going down anywhere unless I am symptomatic. Even then, what is the point? If I am sick, I will stay home. If I get bad, then I go down which is how they want us to deal with it.

You can write it down. The government can only take your rights or throw money at a problem. They can not create a solution except if the solution taking your rights. Have fun in lock down.
Sorry. Martial Law..... Carry on.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-12-2020, 1:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
You mean like Trump and Russia colluded to steal the election?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-12-2020, 1:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Then why is he saying that giving tax breaks to billionaires then?
Because the only billionaire that didn't "earn" his billions is Trump. The rest are making large sums of money.

And you have to be kidding me about "dragging in" the entire population. This isn't a do nothing or be extreme issue. This is what I meant about rationalizing the opposite of reality. Your points only become valid under conditions of insanity.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-12-2020, 1:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wasn't Republican talking heads. It was Joy Reid of MSNBC. They are not exactly Trump people. She was the one talking about democrats and that provision. You have issue, talk to her.
Who cares what some moron woman on a talk show said? I am taking issue with what the idiot in front of me wrote and continues to parrot despite evidence to the contrary.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-12-2020, 1:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Have fun in lock down.
lol, I live at the top of a hill with a 210* view. Got a case and a half of Corona. Yeah, ill be slummin it.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-12-2020, 1:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
So what would be the subset then? Who goes down and why do you expose them to ones who may be sick?
I've answered your question before you even posted it. Is your apparent pedanticism actually a lack of reading comprehension?

BTW, the issue of whether high earners are paying too much doesn't mean they didn't get a tax break. This is the part where you segue the conversation to what you feel comfortable with even though the issue discussed is different. Having a conversation with you is like herding chickens.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-12-2020, 2:00 PM Reply   
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/corona...ry?id=69557068
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/12/w...alth-care.html

Seriously though - Rod/Mark is this fake news? Is this all some kind of strange democrat/italian conspiracy? Or is there actually valid science behind the push to slow the spread of this thing?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-12-2020, 2:09 PM Reply   
Some useful charts for those who have trouble understanding exponential spread
https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-f4d3d9cd99ca
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-12-2020, 5:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Got insurance companies and medicare to wave any fees to get tested and treated.
That is a lie!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-12-2020, 5:41 PM Reply   
It's disgusting that democrats are trying to politicize this health crisis. Truly morally bankrupt.
Attached Images

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-13-2020, 12:24 AM Reply   
this time, right now, is such an opportunity for the president to be the president of all of us. To be a leader in a time of uncertainty. He's being handed an opportunity on a silver platter to "get his numbers up" with all of us. I really and sincerely wish he had the capacity to actually lead. We need it right now.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-13-2020, 1:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
this time, right now, is such an opportunity for the president to be the president of all of us. To be a leader in a time of uncertainty. He's being handed an opportunity on a silver platter to "get his numbers up" with all of us. I really and sincerely wish he had the capacity to actually lead. We need it right now.
Then tell your side to shut their mouths and stop attacking him from sun up to sun down. If you don’t like being mauled, stop poking the bear.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-13-2020, 1:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
lol, I live at the top of a hill with a 210* view. Got a case and a half of Corona. Yeah, ill be slummin it.
Mmm hmm. I bet you have you own tractor too.
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-13-2020, 1:42 AM Reply   
Quote:

Seriously though - Rod/Mark is this fake news? Is this all some kind of strange democrat/italian conspiracy? Or is there actually valid science behind the push to slow the spread of this thing?
I don’t think it’s fake news. I do believe we all need to take steps to avoid close contact in public. That doesn’t mean I’m gonna avoid public places though. I suppose I’m screwed if an infected someone sneezes on me, but the odds of that are slim. Worst case scenario is me having to stay home from work and sit around looking up articles to link to this thread while I have a fever for a few days. Then you guys will really be sorry.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-13-2020, 2:16 AM Reply   
Tom and Rita are doing well. Still quarantined. Not much of a flu. Mild symptoms. Too bad you won’t hear about that from any libtard news source.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-13-2020, 2:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
If you don’t like being mauled, stop poking the bear.
Comparing Trump to a dumb animal is an analogy that I can support.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-13-2020, 3:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Comparing Trump to a dumb animal is an analogy that I can support.
Lol whatever it takes.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-13-2020, 3:29 AM Reply   
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/13/u...gtype=Homepage

Numbers from the CDC and 50 expert partner teams.

"Between 160 million and 214 million people in the U.S. could be infected over the course of the epidemic, according to one projection. That could last months or even over a year, with infections concentrated in shorter periods, staggered across time in different communities, experts said. As many as 200,000 to 1.7 million people could die.

And, the calculations based on the C.D.C.’s scenarios suggested, 2.4 million to 21 million people in the U.S. could require hospitalization, potentially crushing the nation’s medical system, which has only about 925,000 staffed hospital beds. Fewer than a tenth of those are for people who are critically ill.

“When people change their behavior," said Lauren Gardner, an associate professor at the Johns Hopkins Whiting School of Engineering who models epidemics, “those model parameters are no longer applicable,” so short-term forecasts are likely to be more accurate. “There is a lot of room for improvement if we act appropriately.”"

If contained aggressively enough, it could have a huge impact on reducing the death toll this thing will have on older and weaker folks. Of course, then people will complain that the measures were unecessary because only xxx people died lol.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-13-2020, 3:31 AM Reply   
Just went through security on my way to Seattle, the ground zero of liberal problems (next to SF of course) as well as the Tecate virus. Only saw two people wearing masks.

Hey so if Tom and Rita are doing well, does that mean they got coronalightvirus?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-13-2020, 3:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Then tell your side to shut their mouths and stop attacking him from sun up to sun down. If you don’t like being mauled, stop poking the bear.
This is what I mean. What we need a leader who can shrug off the criticism and lead. Not resort to "well... you started it!"
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-13-2020, 3:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
This is what I mean. What we need a leader who can shrug off the criticism and lead. Not resort to "well... you started it!"
How bout not starting it in the first place and see how that works? Your side has been starting it for over 3 years now. It’s pretty ridiculous for you to be part of that group and then suggest he rise above it after a 3 year beatdown. You reap what you sow.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-13-2020, 4:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
How bout not starting it in the first place and see how that works? Your side has been starting it for over 3 years now. It’s pretty ridiculous for you to be part of that group and then suggest he rise above it after a 3 year beatdown. You reap what you sow.
So basically we should expect no leadership until there's zero criticism? Is that what GWB did after 9/11? Is that what Reagan would do? What Clinton did after OK City?

Sheesh, OK, my bad.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-13-2020, 4:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Hmmm let's characterize what we are talking about.

The market has probably lost over $10T (rough guess based on previous quoted losses) on uncertainty about the virus. Not knowing much about the virus in the population creates uncertainty.

Ask yourself can important data be acquired by testing not everyone, but a significant quantity of the population who are experiencing flu/cold symptoms, even if they are weak?

Ask yourself you really need to spend $3000 per test ($1T over 350 million people) if you did the whole population?

Ask yourself the cost outside the market due to uncertainly.

I'm kind of thinking that testing say 10% of 350M (maybe those with some symptom or complaint) at cost of $500 / person (cost of all logistics involved) would be $15B. The point isn't that it would cost $15B, but using reason to find the specific details of cost/quantity to get concrete data is going to be worth it.

Well done. They did approve 8 plus billion. Private health and medicare already committed to free testing. The money is already there especially for that level of testing. Right now it is more of the line of voluntary testing which it should be. As we can tell in just this discussion we have all types of people. Some are worried and some are not. I think they set the guideline about as well as you can at if you have symptoms, stay home. If you are at a point where you feel it is unmanageable, come in.

I believe the story is starting to stay consistent now. The one city in New York is implementing drive by testing. Sounds like a good move. Liked the reasoning as well. Keeps the potentially infected in one car and not in the general population. I like what they guy also was saying. He wants to have the feds delegate to the state levels. It would increase testing by 10 times as the states are already in this game of higher volume automated testing. All sound like reasonable things.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-13-2020, 4:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
I don’t think it’s fake news. I do believe we all need to take steps to avoid close contact in public. That doesn’t mean I’m gonna avoid public places though. I suppose I’m screwed if an infected someone sneezes on me, but the odds of that are slim. Worst case scenario is me having to stay home from work and sit around looking up articles to link to this thread while I have a fever for a few days. Then you guys will really be sorry.
Worst case scenario you will need to take some time off work to attend the funerals of friends and family. Everyone single one of your comments regarding the virus are not aging well. Maybe you should STFU and apologize to anyone you spouted off to.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-13-2020, 4:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Who cares what some moron woman on a talk show said? I am taking issue with what the idiot in front of me wrote and continues to parrot despite evidence to the contrary.
You mean like your Russian collusion and even Impeachment. You mean idiot parroting like that?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-13-2020, 4:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
I've answered your question before you even posted it. Is your apparent pedanticism actually a lack of reading comprehension?

BTW, the issue of whether high earners are paying too much doesn't mean they didn't get a tax break. This is the part where you segue the conversation to what you feel comfortable with even though the issue discussed is different. Having a conversation with you is like herding chickens.
Topics are complicated. A Tax break does not mean there is a lack of money or that the tax break did not allow for other revenues of money created because of said tax break. Example already given. We actually saw an increase of revenue each year. States are also no longer in the Red. That on the first order would state that money down into the peoples pocket being spent locally has helped in their local/ state level without really hurting the federals bottom line.

You guys automatically state that a tax break somehow automatically costs money with zero other inputs considered.

The reason it seems like herding chickens is because you are a one issue guy. Complexities apparently scramble your brain.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-13-2020, 4:41 AM Reply   
Quote:

When have I ever said it was fake. I am trying to understand the entire issue and why this is somehow different than Swine Flu, MERS, and so on. All these other versions where supposed to kill millions too from what I understand. They never did (not saying they were not horrible). Now all of a sudden it is suspend certain peoples rights and basically shut down America. So, yes. I would like to discuss and understand what the story is.

Is the panic warranted? Why are you trying to make it political? Does the average person not understand that you just don't have a shut down America event every day. You will never be primed for that. You get together expert groups and you decide courses of action. Try, measure and adjust. That is all you can do.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-13-2020, 4:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
It's disgusting that democrats are trying to politicize this health crisis. Truly morally bankrupt.
You have to realize that Biden is running political adds attacking Trump on the response:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...eo-slam-trump/

Biden ad manipulates video to slam Trump

The video begins with Biden at a campaign rally, saying, “I’ll be damned if I’m going to lose my country to this man at all.” Over the next few seconds, the video shows a montage of intentionally unflattering clips of President Trump. So far, it looks like a standard Internet campaign ad.

At the 10-second mark, the camera shows a tight shot of the president saying “coronavirus” and then cuts to a wide shot where he says, “this is their new hoax.” Both clips are from Trump’s Feb. 28 campaign rally in North Charleston, S.C., but he never said “coronavirus, this is their new hoax.” Rather, Biden’s ad clipped a large part of Trump’s speech to make it seem as though he had. Here’s the president’s full quote (emphasis added to show the omission):

Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus. You know that, right? Coronavirus. They’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs, you say, ‘How’s President Trump doing?’, ‘Oh, nothing, nothing.’ They have no clue, they don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa, they can’t even count. No, they can’t. They can’t count their votes. One of my people came up to me and said, ‘Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.’ That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything, they tried it over and over, they’ve been doing it since he got in. It’s all turning, they lost. It’s all turning, think of it, think of it. And this is their new hoax. But you know we did something that’s been pretty amazing. We have 15 people in this massive country and because of the fact that we went early, we went early, we could have had a lot more than that.”

The full quote shows Trump is criticizing Democratic talking points and the media’s coverage of his administration’s response to coronavirus. He never says that the virus itself is a hoax, and although the Biden camp included the word “their,” the edit does not make clear to whom or what Trump is referring.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-13-2020, 4:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
So, yes. I would like to discuss and understand what the story is.
No, you are fighting truth and facts with all your simpleton brain can muster. You cant stop supporting the one guy who could have done anything other than cover-up the truth and lie to Americans.

What trump did to combat Covid 19.

The president’s misinformation and mendacity about the coronavirus are head-snapping. He claimed that it was contained in America when it was actually spreading. He claimed that we had “shut it down” when we had not. He claimed that testing was available when it wasn’t. He claimed that the coronavirus will one day disappear “like a miracle”; it won’t. He claimed that a vaccine would be available in months; Fauci says it will not be available for a year or more.
Trump falsely blamed the Obama administration for impeding coronavirus testing. He stated that the coronavirus first hit the United States later than it actually did. (He said that it was three weeks prior to the point at which he spoke; the actual figure was twice that.) The president claimed that the number of cases in Italy was getting “much better” when it was getting much worse. And in one of the more stunning statements an American president has ever made, Trump admitted that his preference was to keep a cruise ship off the California coast rather than allowing it to dock, because he wanted to keep the number of reported cases of the coronavirus artificially low.
On and on it goes.
To make matters worse, the president delivered an Oval Office address that was meant to reassure the nation and the markets but instead shook both. The president’s delivery was awkward and stilted; worse, at several points, the president, who decided to ad-lib the teleprompter speech, misstated his administration’s own policies, which the administration had to correct. Stock futures plunged even as the president was still delivering his speech. In his address, the president called for Americans to “unify together as one nation and one family,” despite having referred to Washington Governor Jay Inslee as a “snake” days before the speech and attacking Democrats the morning after it. As The Washington Post’s Dan Balz put it, “Almost everything that could have gone wrong with the speech did go wrong.”
Taken together, this is a massive failure in leadership that stems from a massive defect in character. Trump is such a habitual liar that he is incapable of being honest, even when being honest would serve his interests. He is so impulsive, shortsighted, and undisciplined that he is unable to plan or even think beyond the moment. He is such a divisive and polarizing figure that he long ago lost the ability to unite the nation under any circumstances and for any cause. And he is so narcissistic and unreflective that he is completely incapable of learning from his mistakes. The president’s disordered personality makes him as ill-equipped to deal with a crisis as any president has ever been. With few exceptions, what Trump has said is not just useless; it is downright injurious.
The nation is recognizing this, treating him as a bystander “as school superintendents, sports commissioners, college presidents, governors and business owners across the country take it upon themselves to shut down much of American life without clear guidance from the president,” in the words of Peter Baker and Maggie Haberman of The New York Times.
Donald Trump is shrinking before our eyes.

Trump is toast.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-13-2020, 4:56 AM Reply   
I would like to say here and now that I hope all of you folks stay safe and healthy and that your families do too.