Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-08-2010, 8:47 AM Reply   
"Stock Surf Ballast. One driver. One passenger. Straight line. Enough said."

Old     (bspot5)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-08-2010, 2:57 PM Reply   
Lookin good, when are we gonna see the boat?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-08-2010, 7:22 PM Reply   
What do you mean, I see a bit of what looks like a green swim platform!
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-08-2010, 7:54 PM Reply   
some teaser or what?
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-09-2010, 8:08 AM Reply   
wow
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-10-2010, 1:13 AM Reply   
So they up the size of the stock ballast, and show that off. But still, no one is going to surf that with stock ballast and think they have something great. I know it'll put out a great wave eventually, after seeing Ragboy's thread, but stock just doesn't cut it in any boat. Lets see that boat with 2.5k in it, that would be a good teaser.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-10-2010, 4:58 PM Reply   
They posted pics now. The RZR

The RZ0

Both are pickle forks.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-10-2010, 5:21 PM Reply   
That blue/black/white colour scheme looks great on that boat. Gotta say I'm a bit jealous of the matching tower.

One thing I never really understood is why Tige, and others recently, cut back on the sun-pad. I'm a big fan of the big ones seen on Supra's and Sangers. It just seems like wasted space if it's treated more as a walkway than a place to liedown.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-10-2010, 5:47 PM Reply   
You get a cushion that fits in there, so you can have full sun deck, or remove the cushion for walk through. For a guy like me with a large family, we leave the cushion at home. And with a boat wide like the RZ2, its still plenty of cushion.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-10-2010, 6:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by taft View Post
That blue/black/white colour scheme looks great on that boat. Gotta say I'm a bit jealous of the matching tower.

One thing I never really understood is why Tige, and others recently, cut back on the sun-pad. I'm a big fan of the big ones seen on Supra's and Sangers. It just seems like wasted space if it's treated more as a walkway than a place to liedown.
I agree 100%....there are so many boat owners that have had the opportunity to complain about the sun pad vinyl tearing taken away from them with these damn old walk-thru transoms

J/k! In all seriousness, the walk-thru was one of the top 3 reasons why we went with Tige 4 years ago and passed on others that were more expensive. Like Ragboy said, they come with a filler, but we never, ever used ours.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-11-2010, 9:08 AM Reply   
I love that we have a walkway instead of a big old sun pad. My first boat was a Rinker 192 Captiva and the sole reason that we bought it was because it had a walkway instead of having to walk over the vinyl every time. I really love that Black and Blue RZR, very nicely done!

@ragboy, what do you think of the shape of that swim platform on that R20? Looks like they've dialed it in a little more than the newer RZ one.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-15-2010, 3:55 PM Reply   
man those a great looking! any info out about them???
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-16-2010, 8:27 AM Reply   
Anybody notice the tower on the RZ0 looks like pipes swooping forward instead of a solid frame?
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-16-2010, 5:42 PM Reply   
The one with the tubes is the entry level boat which they are targeting a lower price point imo to compete with axis. I heard it'll start out in the low 40's.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-16-2010, 5:57 PM Reply   
low 40's... same price as a Z1 isn't the Z1 a foot longer at 21 feet?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-16-2010, 8:04 PM Reply   
Yeah, Z1 is a foot longer but the R20 probably has same/more room because it would be like a 22' boat with the point cutoff 2' short (if that makes sense) which makes for a larger bow.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-17-2010, 6:36 AM Reply   
I am very in the RZR. I cant wait to check one out. If they feel roomy inside, It might be the boat for me.