Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-27-2011, 10:29 AM Reply   
lol. I'm so unpopular on WW right now that I probably shouldn't be waging a campaign for anything but forgiveness. Seriously tho, I'm not trying to be a troll.

Anyhoo, a w2w HS Mute Double roll 180 is long overdue. I know many of you disagree that wakeboarding = snowboarding, but it took snowboarders just one year for almost every competitor to learn double corks. I don't know how a double cork would work with a tow rope in the way, but my point is that we can change our sport this summer by making double inverts off the wake a standard trick. Trevor Hanson landed a w2w double backroll last season, so I know a w2w HS Mute Double roll 180 is possible. The grab would help speed up the rotation.

Here is a compilation of 7 riders hitting double roll 180s. Lots of dudes have landed them, so why isn't everybody hitting them by now?

[btw: Yes, I have tried w2w double ts back rolls years ago. And no, I wasn't even close]

from clark becker on Vimeo.

from ProWake.com.au on Vimeo.

Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-27-2011, 11:15 AM Reply   
A Half cab roll is just that... a double roll with a 180

Either you're campaigning for a double mobe or ur retarded. haha
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-27-2011, 11:21 AM Reply   
Or are you saying its long over due to be done wake 2 wake instead of off the double up? U've managed to confuse me
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-27-2011, 12:38 PM Reply   
yeah, wake 2 wake instead of double up.

I wanna see a run open with a HS Mute Double roll 180 off the wake followed by 10's, Crow 7's, whirly-dicks, and of a course a big, floaty grab with a late bs 180
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       04-27-2011, 12:46 PM Reply   
Snowboarders are also doing double and triple corks off 70''-100+" kickers. Wakeboarders are hitting wakes 3 feet tall? Dont get me wrong, id love to see someone do a w2w double anything! But to me it just seems more realistic for snowboarders to pick up these faster.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-27-2011, 1:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotwake133 View Post
Snowboarders are also doing double and triple corks off 70''-100+" kickers. Wakeboarders are hitting wakes 3 feet tall? Dont get me wrong, id love to see someone do a w2w double anything! But to me it just seems more realistic for snowboarders to pick up these faster.
Pretty good point.... progression is relative to your sport.

Wakeboarding definitely has its limitations on size and scope of tricks due to the fact that wakes can only be so big. Halfpipes are 20+ft tall and snow kickers have endless possibilities as to size and kick ability, not to mention huge sloping landing zones. Bet if we set up a cable 100ft tall, with a 100ft kicker, a giant landing ramp and bumped the speed up to say 40mph we could get a little closer to snowboarding's scope of tricks lol
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-27-2011, 2:07 PM Reply   
Still, we should be seeing more grabbed double inverts off the wake, without double ups or kickers. But no one is pushing the sport in that direction yet.

I want to start charging like that but I puss out when it comes to doubles. Mind over matter I spoze.

Hey Luker, this looks like what you were talking about. Only a 15 foot tall kicker, but is does have a giant landing ramp and the speed is around 40mph

Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-27-2011, 3:03 PM Reply   
Well since you put it that way... guess i will have to start trying them. not
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-27-2011, 4:54 PM Reply   
Here is a scientific breakdown. Just hit a 9 ft kicker at 51 mph. That's simple enough.

Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-27-2011, 5:28 PM Reply   
How about a campaign for no more campaigns on wakeworld, and we let the riders progress for themselves the way they prefer to.

imagine a 180 added at the end.

http://wakeboardingmag.com/videos/20...ble-back-roll/
Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       04-27-2011, 5:38 PM Reply   
what would it be called if someone did a double roll, switch or regular but then added a second 180.....would it be a double roll mobe? that would be such a long name if it was switch, double half cab roll mobe.....i dont know but that would be a sweet trick, probably really scary though because if u catch your back edge on that last 180 your fuc@$%#$%d
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-27-2011, 6:25 PM Reply   
It's been done snoopy

I think is should be called a double mobe (or a switch double mobe). the roll is implied just like the 360 is implied. a double mobe would not mean a double backroll with a 720. That would be a double mobe 720, which would probably look like this...

Old     (cnrbrown)      Join Date: Nov 2010       04-27-2011, 7:31 PM Reply   
I agree with travis. A key aspect in snowboarding is amplitude. Even with a huge d-up you would be lucky to get the air time that a 70' (or greater) kicker provides. Double flips are a great way to push wakeboarding, i agree; but at the moment they all seem pretty out of control and wild. I feel like the sport could just as easily start focusing more on the style aspect, rather than the amplitude. To me a boned-out melon 180 can be just as fun to watch as a double half-cab roll. The presence of a handle gives us the ability to have more style than any other board sport, and sets us apart in that.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-27-2011, 7:41 PM Reply   
CISCO!................... WAKEBOADING DOES NOT = SNOWBOARDING. THEY ARE TWO SEPARATE F###ING SPORTS!!!!!

How many times are you going to try and prove they are the same?
Whats in it for you if they are the same?
Why do you feel so compelled to convince us that wakeboarding and snowboarding are the same?

PS, nice new profile picture
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-27-2011, 8:19 PM Reply   
Oopsie daisy. I'm not trying to convince anyone that they are the same sport...anymore. What I learned from that whole tread is: if you are riding a wakeboard it is wakeboarding, and if you are riding a snowboard it is snowboarding. Doesn't matter if your riding on sand, snow, water, grass, or the flaming whiskers of satan himself.

I ONLY used snowboarding as an example in this thread of a sport that went thru a dramatic change from single inverts to double inverts in one year. If I used freeskiing as an example, I wouldn't be trying to say that wakeboarding = skiing. That would be silly.
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-27-2011, 8:20 PM Reply   
PS. I hope your PS wasn't sarcastic. GQ has feelings too, ya know
Old    retro_rick            04-27-2011, 8:27 PM Reply   
GQ - I like how you embed lots of pix and videos and you definitely know a lot about the sport, but you are kind of like the guy we love to hate. You make this forum entertaining when I'm not completely offended by your antics.

No disrespect.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-27-2011, 8:32 PM Reply   
Hey at least you are giving us something to argue about. I mean, if it was not for your post, id be concentrating more on my accounting final I'm studying for, and thats no fun
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-27-2011, 9:52 PM Reply   
i would disagree. he has somewhat single handedly ruined nearly everything that made wakeworld cool. very knowledgable, yep, as are all of us who grew up in the 90's wakeboarding, but most don't make it their claim to fame, make sure it's noticed, and attack people and then back off when they realize they f'd up. I have cut back on my participation because of ish like this. wakeboarding is supposed to be fun, and no matter how you want to paint intentions, continually putting up this and similar stuff does not promote the fun of wakeboarding, it does, just as Stephen said, promote arguing, which is def great for the sport. Arguing about what tricks the PROS should do next, how wake mag is bad for putting girls in bikinis, how joining the army is not intelligent, etc.
Old     (d4m0)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-28-2011, 7:00 PM Reply   

from Damo Cox on Vimeo.

Old     (d4m0)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-28-2011, 7:06 PM Reply   
i dont think it gets more double half cab than that
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-01-2011, 5:41 PM Reply   
surprised nobody's posted this:
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-01-2011, 6:18 PM Reply   
Thanks for supporting my campaign Al-Pal. You were the first to embed that vid, but somebody before you posted a link to it. Good thing you did cuz I'm sure other people missed it too.

NICO supports my campaign!!!
(see 03:16)

from Andy Kolb on Vimeo.

Old    BenjTrogdon            05-04-2011, 12:57 PM Reply   
http://www.facebook.com/video/video....3210186&type=1

i know some of you dont have Facebook but here is Jeff Langley trying to get a double mute halfcab roll on film
He has landed some of these