Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old    mendo247            08-25-2005, 7:37 PM Reply   
Just picked up my new v215.. it has the manually adjustable plate.. where do you guys set these things when fully weighted.. has anyone removed theres.. does it affect the wake that much? i ran full factory tripple balast, 350 led in the back and 250 sac under bow filler cushion.. any body have a better idea.. im sure ill add more lead this weekend just not sure how much.. thanks for the help..
Old    stillstandin            08-26-2005, 4:07 PM Reply   
I have it. What I do, is set it at 75% down when fully weighted, so that way it keeps the nose down. This helps to keep the wake from curling over, it has a great shape. But play around with it, def a kewl feature
Old    mendo247            08-26-2005, 5:16 PM Reply   
interesting i was gonna raise it all the way up to let the rear settle down.. but with all the factory ballast and lead ill be running maybe it will help keep the nose down and i can run less lead in the bow..
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-26-2005, 6:06 PM Reply   
I would try and weight the boat so you can run it with the plate all the way up. If that means more weight in the front and less in the back then so be it. I don't see the point in loading the rear up and then lifting it up by using the plate.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-26-2005, 6:10 PM Reply   
Why would you weight the rear and then lower the wakeplate just to offset the weight in the rear? This would be counter-productive. Angle the plate up slightly and weight it as you would any other boat. You will have to play with it to figure out the correct front to rear ratio. If it was mine, I would run factory ballast full and split any extra ballast 50/50 ( front and rear), at first for a starting point, then go from there. The idea is still to sink the boat, not raise it with the plate. If you need the nose down then shift ballast as needed. What up Ricahrd, thanks for the pull behind the new boat. I'll hold on to the memory as I most likely won't be seeing the back of ur new boat much! I think ur popularity level is gonna rise!
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       08-26-2005, 6:30 PM Reply   
I don't have a Sanger, or a wake plate. I am adding a manual wake plate to my Elite-V. My understanding is with the plate slightly down, or even straight out, it is helping the boat plane faster / easier when weighted and tweaking the shape of the wake. It is not offsetting the weight of the boat - whatever lift is created in the back is transferred as an equal amount of downward force on the front. You are tricking an over weighted boat to handle like a lighter boat, while still creating a fat wake.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-26-2005, 7:18 PM Reply   
Simply put: weighted or un-weighted, plate angle down = smaller wake, plate angle up = bigger wake. Have a nice day!
Old    mendo247            08-26-2005, 8:32 PM Reply   
lol thats funny sparko..thats the same thing nick said.. we were betting how many new friends i would have..well you know your more than welcome.. hopefully in a few weeks i can come down and we can go to the delta and you can give me a tour of all the hot spots in the new ride.. i have a feeling im really gonna miss the ol dxII at the pump..
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-26-2005, 9:41 PM Reply   
So are you going this weekend? So far I'm SOL. Can't find anyone for the delta for Sat.
Old    stillstandin            08-27-2005, 9:10 AM Reply   
I think you will find, depending how you wiegh it., it doesnt do much with the size of the wake, it helps with the shape. When I have 8 guys inthe boat, and the tanks are full. if that plate is somewhat (not all the way down), it really holds a nice shape. Like I said, play with the weight, and the plate, endless possiblilities
Old    mendo247            08-28-2005, 3:58 PM Reply   
well im gonna say everyone is right on this one.. we loaded it up sat night with factory ballast and 800 pounds of lead spread around and 200 pound sac in bow..with the plate all the way up..the boat definetly handled differently, it took quite a bit more throttle to plain and seemed to want to porpose quite a bit..but the wake was quitelarge! this morning we went out with the plate 75% down and the weight the same.. the boat handled way better, got up on plain quickly, handled awesome and no porposing at all.. i felt when ridning the wake was a hair smaller but still nice and big.. ill probablly leave it down and throw a little more weight at it and see if i can get a little more size out of it...
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-28-2005, 4:13 PM Reply   
Sorry I assumed you had the automatic plate, not fixed. How much did it change the shape by moving the plate? I presume steeper & poppier with the plate up?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-28-2005, 7:14 PM Reply   
Instead of moving the plate down, you should of moved more weight forward. My guess is most of the extra ballast will be in the front two thirds of the boat. If the weight forward didn't resolve the issues, then adjust plate. You'll figure it out.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-28-2005, 9:45 PM Reply   
Get rid of that little girly 200 pounder and put a 540 sideways in the bow. That should fatten it up a bit and make it drive a little better with the plate up.

(Message edited by ralph on August 28, 2005)
Old    mendo247            08-29-2005, 1:19 PM Reply   
i thought that would have been enough.. i have 1000 pounds of girly lead bars.. 3 girly factory ballast tanks... plus the girly 250 pound side sac under the girly bow filler cushion.. plus about six hot girlies! but maybe ill have to step it up to the manly 540 pound sac..
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-29-2005, 1:24 PM Reply   
Only six girls? Thats your problem!

Whats your split front to back witht the lead?
How does it plane up with all that weight?
Old    mendo247            08-29-2005, 3:03 PM Reply   
REAR FACTORY BALLAST FULL 800 LEAD IN REAR.. 200 LEAD, PULS FACTORY LOCKER SACK AND 250 POUND SIDE SAC UNDER BOW FILER CUSHION..with plate up it took a while to plain and also seemed to want to porpoise a bit but wake was big...with plate 75% down boat handled awesome wake was a tad bit smaller but the handling and plaining difference more than made up for it..
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-29-2005, 6:58 PM Reply   
Too much in the back! Way too much.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-29-2005, 8:20 PM Reply   
I don't know how similar the V215 is to the V210 but I run 550 pounds of lead in the bow of mine + 700 pound sac in the floor at the front and 2x350 tanks in the rear. So thats 1100 front 700 back. Due to the Sanger Sport-V hull design they tend to like a lot more weight in the front than back.
Old    mendo247            08-30-2005, 10:04 AM Reply   
with the plate down that setup worked pretty good for me but ill try moving more forward and see what happens..